who is this dreamclown?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, now this guy is just confusing the hell out of me:http://www.neverwinpoker.com/phpnuke/html/...ewtopic&t=11321I take back any previous knowledge of who he is, except that hes a damn good heads up player
I didn't read the article. But does it say that it is NOT the real Ray D?
heres his post, I have no idea what it means, it confused the hell out of me:Ray_Dekargani: I AM NOT RAY DEKARGANIFor one thing, he spells his name with a lot more H's. I made that my name because I am a whimsical papa and randomly decided to highlight the semi-well-known name of a guy who won some money from me heads up on day 2 of a cruise, and then, when I asked if he would accept an online transfer so we could play more, agreed. The next 5 days Ray Dekargani was as good as rafting away in the Pacific towards Mexican shore. Who am I then? I AM DANNY NGUYEN (the guy who outplayed everyone to win a WPT). But you can call me dannywins. g c c

My only knowledge of Dreamclown came from the chat immediately after Daniel left the first night. Someone sat down and started talking smack about DN and asked dreamclown a bunch of questions, one of which being his age and location. Sure, he could have been lying, but they seemed pretty friendly, so I have no reason to suspect otherwise.

He is negating any skill involved with heads up poker by potentially eliminating 2 streets of play when Negreanu finds a hand to ram with to see all five cards. By not being allowed to play 2 streets, it would negate a superior players skill, just as me pushing in pre flop every time in NL hold em that I had a statistically favuorite hand over 50% of hands that could exist. It negates skill completely, and what Dreamclown said actually makes a tonne of sense.
Perhaps this is somewhat true if for only ONE hand. After the hand is over, the short stack is either broke or doubled up and ready to play all 5 streets again. The most either player has at stake is whatever money the short stack has in this case $5000. How can DN take $38000 off Assclow.... I mean Dreamclown if all he has in front of him is $5000? If DN makes a comeback and builds back up to beat DClown then DN is the better player and deserves it. If DClown really thinks he's that much better than he should take DN's last 5k and send him home with his tail between his legs but instead he got scared and pulled a hit and run citing some BS about playing short stacks.

we're having some issues with the dreamclown account but it shoudl be fixed soon. If you want to play, we can play anytime under eugeneel account on pokerroom. Unfortunaltely the eugeneel account has no chat so the birds will be missing some wise words of 22-24 year old wisdom :club: Anthony will be playing under eugeneel, he is the same person that plays most of dreamclown's 500-1000.The whole not playing a 5-8k shortstack issue has to be forgotten. Everyone has their own ideas and principles. the best post about the issue IMO is this post by dan druff on nwp"Demanding someone rebuy is simply a practical matter to prevent the match from turning into a random card-catching competition. Perhaps in live card rooms, due to friendship between the competitors or just politeness, such rebuy requests don't occur as much. However, not asking your opponent to rebuy is equivalent to doing a favor -- it shouldn't expected. Besides, Daniel is hardly some broke donk who needs the opportunity to win his money back for minimal additional risk. This guy is worth millions, rakes in a ton of money every day from poker without playing a hand, and now has his own Pokerroom skin. It's not like Dreamclown was demanding some 45k/year schoolteacher put his life savings on the line to continue. Daniel has promoted himself as one of the best poker players in the world. When you put yourself out there in such a manner, you can't expect favors from any of your opponents -- especially when you're playing for staggeringly large sums of money. Did Michael Jordan expect players guarding him to make it easier for him to score? Does Albert Pujols expect pitchers to hurl fastballs down the middle to him? Dreamclown was looking to play a high-limit heads-up match where the superior player will have an edge. Once Daniel's money fell below the point where anyone's edge could matter, he demanded a rebuy. Daniel didn't have the money online yet? Big deal. Dreamclown will be there next week, as will Daniel. They can continue at that point. Daniel certainly has the money to continue, so time will tell who is the better player. Dreamclown's refusal to play with Daniel was basically saying, "I'm happy to keep playing with you, but make sure you have enough money on the table so each of us will have a decision on every street." That's not a lot to ask -- especially at limits like 500-1000. I don't buy Daniel's logic that Dreamclown's actions are indicative of a nasty, inconsiderate new breed of poker players. Dreamclown didn't cheat. He didn't hit and run. He wasn't particularly rude or nasty during the match, to my knowledge. He just wanted to limit play to times when both people have a sufficient amount to where it became a game of skill, as opposed to a game of luck. Why is Daniel so bothered that his match had to end when he almost ran out of money? It seems like he has no doubt that he'll have another shot at Dreamclown over the coming days. Doesn't he always preach that poker is one long session?One other thing... Daniel wrote in his blog that Dreamclown's argument to quit -- that he wanted Daniel to risk more than a measly 5k to win back all he had already lost -- was absurd. Daniel wrote that Dreamclown "could have quit at any point", so he could theoretically just play until he loses 5k more and quit, thereby making sure each risks an equal amount. That sounds like a logical argument, but had Dreamclown actually done so (quitting after losing only 5k more to Daniel), Daniel again would have cried foul, accusing Dreamclown of hit and run. "Why would Dreamclown leave as soon as I won 5000 more and finally had enough money to play out a hand?", he would write. "I guess he didn't have confidence in his ability to hold on to what he had won earlier." So basically, unless Dreamclown DID give Daniel the chance to win all of his money back with that final 5k, he was going to be facing a scathing blog entry. BTW, my opinion here is not the slightest bit biased. I do not know Dreamclown, have never met or spoken to him, and I have no problem with Daniel. I just honestly feel that Daniel is not in the right one this one, but I do look forward into watching his future matches on Pokerroom."Looking foward to future matches, we are getting lonely now with dat lagerborg gone :(Good luck DN -Eugene

so they are just a couple of friends that use each others account names to play? hmmmm. how would you know if you were playing the same dreamclown? or maybe it's just a split personality disorder.

OK ... I admit ... I am a newbie poster (but long-time lurker) ... and definitely a beginner-level poker player ... but here's my $.02 as someone who has studied the effects of information technology on decision-making and human interactions. I also happened to see the entire 2nd match between DN and dreamclown and have read the comments on nwp.This squabble is a great example of a culture clash -- largely caused by and intensified by the technological environment. On one side, the internet culture that has formed and dominates dreamclown's worldview doesn't give a da** about the actual people behind the computer screen. It's a world in which using graphic images of sexual violence as a metaphor for anything you don't like is the the norm. In that world, it's OK to say horrible things to someone that would never be tolerated in most face-to-face social situations (e.g. "go kill yourself" "I hope you get get cancer and die" etc.) False identities and other lies are common and accepted.DN's worldview of poker has been based on face-to-face interactions ... looking people in the eye ... having a drink or meal with them ... knowing them personally ... etc. The "people" aspects of poker and the social skills that bring and keep people together matter more in that face-to-face world. And certainly the people here at fcp know that DN is a "nice person" who cares about others and brings that caring philosophy/spirituality into his professional life.So ... we have 2 groups of people with totally different worldviews arguing past each other ... with their fundamental belief systems so different that it makes it difficult for them to really connect with each other. Both sides make valid points -- but have trouble grasping the validity of the other. The challenge is to wrap our heads around both viewpoints so that both can be fully examined and the best of both can be used to move forward.DN's latest blog expressed a willingness to learn a few things from the internet players. That's the wise and classy way to take it. Will the nwp people do the same? That's the question.I'm sorry this post got so long. Flame away at this newbie if your will.llou

OK ... I admit ... I am a newbie poster (but long-time lurker) ... and definitely a beginner-level poker player ... but here's my $.02 as someone who has studied the effects of information technology on decision-making and human interactions. I also happened to see the entire 2nd match between DN and dreamclown and have read the comments on nwp.This squabble is a great example of a culture clash -- largely caused by and intensified by the technological environment. On one side, the internet culture that has formed and dominates dreamclown's worldview doesn't give a da** about the actual people behind the computer screen. It's a world in which using graphic images of sexual violence as a metaphor for anything you don't like is the the norm. In that world, it's OK to say horrible things to someone that would never be tolerated in most face-to-face social situations (e.g. "go kill yourself" "I hope you get get cancer and die" etc.) False identities and other lies are common and accepted.DN's worldview of poker has been based on face-to-face interactions ... looking people in the eye ... having a drink or meal with them ... knowing them personally ... etc. The "people" aspects of poker and the social skills that bring and keep people together matter more in that face-to-face world. And certainly the people here at fcp know that DN is a "nice person" who cares about others and brings that caring philosophy/spirituality into his professional life.So ... we have 2 groups of people with totally different worldviews arguing past each other ... with their fundamental belief systems so different that it makes it difficult for them to really connect with each other. Both sides make valid points -- but have trouble grasping the validity of the other. The challenge is to wrap our heads around both viewpoints so that both can be fully examined and the best of both can be used to move forward.DN's latest blog expressed a willingness to learn a few things from the internet players. That's the wise and classy way to take it. Will the nwp people do the same? That's the question.I'm sorry this post got so long. Flame away at this newbie if your will.llou
very nice.
There are four of us + the spirit of Bob and Oconnor.for the very big games and the helmuth rivalry we take a % of eachother's wins/losses.
Let me try and understand this a bit better. There are four of you sharing one account. And yet, you haven't met, nor do you personally know dreamclown?

So basically this G.C.C. group are four 15 yr. olds that pooled their barmitzvah money together so they can have a BR to play bigger games and just sit one ass pony at a time in front of a monitor to click "Raise" on every hand. This sounds like a very profitable venture. In a way...the G.C.C. is like the Voltron of Online Poker.....except when they join together....they don't form a huge villian-fighting machine complete with the nifty blazing sword accessory....they just make one giant douche bag.....with the blazing mouse over the raise button.

So basically this G.C.C. group are four 15 yr. olds that pooled their barmitzvah money together so they can have a BR to play bigger games and just sit one ass pony at a time in front of a monitor to click "Raise" on every hand. This sounds like a very profitable venture. In a way...the G.C.C. is like the Voltron of Online Poker.....except when they join together....they don't form a huge villian-fighting machine complete with the nifty blazing sword accessory....they just make one giant douche bag.....with the blazing mouse over the raise button.
lol thats one way to look at it.When I played in all the Quake 3 (First Person Shooter) capture the flag leagues, I started as one of the best deulers in the country. When it came time to make a team me and all the other top players decided to play with each other and created a team. We dominated the U.S scene for over 5 years in that game. For years everyone cried foul, even the people that ran the leagues. It looks like G.C.C. are doing the same thing or atleast trying.

"On one side, the internet culture that has formed and dominates dreamclown's worldview doesn't give a da** about the actual people behind the computer screen."I think this is the flaw of your theory. It's not that we dont care about people, it's that we don't take the internet chat very seriously, and neither should you. "FU fish" is funny when written in chat but it's not something we normally say live to a person.Also 50k is nothing for DN so there's no need for anyone to feel bad.Also,GCC members+spirit of Bob+ legend of O'Connor = infinite clueless and angry railbirds. It is our special super power ability.

It's not that we dont care about people, it's that we don't take the internet chat very seriously, and neither should you. "FU fish" is funny when written in chat but it's not something we normally say live to a person.
And that, to me, is the fundamental flaw in YOUR theory. People SHOULD take internet chat seriously. It's one thing to trash talk your friends, but when you do it to a total stranger (or a "known" stranger such as DN or another recognized figure) you are presupposing that the person on the other end shares that same mentality and doesn't take it seriously either. Well, some people DO take it seriously, and until you know they don't (such as with your friends or within a community in which the shared assumption is that trash talk is just part of the game) then all it does is show a lack of class and a lack of respect for people in general.I don't see why rules of public civility should be different behind a computer screen. How is it different to say "FU Fish" in a chat than it is to a person's face? Only that one sits safely behind an alias, while the other risks a beat-down. It's like the old addage that says a person's true character is revealed by what they do when no one is looking. In this case one's true character is revealed by how they behave behind an alias while sitting at their computer.I mean this with all respect to you and your friends and in all earnestness (perhaps too much earnestness, I know) because this is serious shit to me, a question whose relevance reaches far past the realm of internet poker and into the implications of a total societal shift in the way we treat each other. I've read some of your posts on 2+2 and enjoyed them, and I'm not accusing you of anything, just asking you to think a little bit about the greater implications of what you are suggesting.