official 2006 world cup thread:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My English friend:England has not beaten Sweden since 1968, I think it's 14 matches in a row?Henrik Larsson has NOT retired from int. football. he will be in the swedish squad.But in reality it doesn't matter because both England and Sweden will have two victories going into the final group match.

Go Ireland!Wait, we're shit now. Go Holland!
Ireland aren't even in it.
I know. Although looking at some of the teams that made it we should be in there. Players like Kevin Kilbane deserve the biggest stage:)
My English friend:England has not beaten Sweden since 1968, I think it's 14 matches in a row?Henrik Larsson has NOT retired from int. football. he will be in the swedish squad.But in reality it doesn't matter because both England and Sweden will have two victories going into the final group match.
We do seem to drop our game when playing lesser teams like Sweden, which is always a worry :wink: It is a weird fact that we haven't beaten you, especially considering we've beaten Argentina on the last 2 occasions, beaten Holand 4-1, Germany 5-1.I do think both will qualify from the group phase quite comfortably.I genuinely believe we will beat you though. We have the best squad since 1966.
I know. Although looking at some of the teams that made it we should be in there. Players like Kevin Kilbane deserve the biggest stage:)
Kilbane, he's hardly world class. He plays for Everton ffs.Did you mean to add an (sw) to your post?
I genuinely believe we will beat you though. We have the best squad since 1966.
England fans say this going into every big tournament. Yet they can't beat Northern Ireland
Like I said, we some times drop our quality according to the opposition. The game after NI, we beat Poland and then beat Argentina.
love soccer so much never thought it end up being my first post on a poker forumteams rankings right nowczech republic #2usa #8italy #12yet the odds to win it all from usa's bracketItaly 8/1 Czech Republic 33/1 USA 80/1 i mean i know italy is "italy" but theres a reason why usa is #8 and italys lower ranked..looks like to me like i might be playing a bet on czech and the usa to win it all at those odds ..i say the boys from the states pull off the "shocker" over the lower ranked team pizza and will make it to the 2nd round and then who knows..is it june yet
Sadly, you are not fully aware of why USA and Czech are ranked above Italy; USA and CONCACAF play more games thus accumulating more points firstly, secondly, when USA plays they play their starters - during friendlies the italians start there 2nd and 3rd stringers....ahahaha....ITALY>USA....
Kilbane, he's hardly world class. He plays for Everton ffs.Did you mean to add an (sw) to your post?
Yes, I was joking. Kilbane is shit.
Yes, I was joking. Kilbane is shit.
HEH.This made me laugh.