official 2006 world cup thread:

The draws for the World cup were today. Even though I was born here in Los Angeles, CA. USA. I have root for mexico, since my parents were both born in mexico and most of my family is mexican. USA comes a close second though. It would be a dream come true to see Mexico vs USA in the world cup finalsUSA drew a tough group, with both italy and czehc. Mexico in the other hand, might be the favorite in their groupgroup A1. Germany 2. Costa Rica 3. Poland 4. Ecuadorgroup B 1. England 2. Paraguay 3. Trinidad & Tobago 4. Sweden group c 1. Argentina 2. Ivory Coast 3. Serbia & Montenegro 4. Netherlands group D 1. Mexico 2. Iran 3. Angola 4. Portugal group E1. Italy 2. Ghana 3. United States 4. Czech Republic group F 1. Brazil 2. Croatia 3. Australia 4. Japan group G1. France 2. Switzerland 3. South Korea 4. Togo group H1. Spain 2. Ukraine 3. Tunisia 4. Saudi Arabia

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your (Americans that is) ex captain - Claudio Reyna - plays for the club that I watch every week - Manchester City. In fact quite alot of you national team play over in the UK.

Your (Americans that is) ex captain - Claudio Reyna - plays for the club that I watch every week - Manchester City. In fact quite alot of you national team play over in the UK.
I'd imagine they earn far more in Europe.It's also probably why the USA team doesn't suck so much any more. :club:
USA comes a close second though. It would be a dream come true to see Mexico vs USA in the world cup finals
no. Ive seen the previews. Mexico would be down 1-0..there would be an obvious penalty that the ref wont call, then mexico would get pissed like every time they lose and theyd forget about scoring and try to kill anyone that has the ball. it happened in '02 and i cried.
I'd imagine they earn far more in Europe.It's also probably why the USA team doesn't suck so much any more. :club:
yea the US actually doesnt suck because of that. The reason so many players are in Europe is because they are so cheap (inexpensive) compared to other countries..SO they buy them because theyre fast and fit and then they develope their skills over there.
USA comes a close second though. It would be a dream come true to see Mexico vs USA in the world cup finals
no. Ive seen the previews. Mexico would be down 1-0..there would be an obvious penalty that the ref wont call, then mexico would get censored like every time they lose and theyd forget about scoring and try to kill anyone that has the ball. it happened in '02 and i cried.
lol. soccer has the craziest fans. it just amazes me how big soccer is outside the U.S. i love watching every World cup game

These are the betting odds from the UK. Obviously England is higher up because the amount English people betting on England. Brazil  11/4 England  6/1 Argentina  7/1 Germany  7/1 Italy  8/1 Holland  10/1 France  12/1 Spain  12/1 Portugal  20/1 Czech Republic  33/1 Sweden  33/1 Croatia  50/1 Mexico  50/1 Ukraine  50/1 Ivory Coast  66/1 Serbia and Montenegro  66/1 Paraguay  80/1 Poland  80/1 USA  80/1 Switzerland 100/1 Australia  125/1 Ecuador  125/1 Japan  150/1 Korea Republic  150/1 Tunisia  200/1 Ghana  250/1 Iran  250/1 Costa Rica  350/1 Togo  350/1 Angola  500/1 Saudi Arabia  500/1 Trinidad and Tobago  750/1

no. Ive seen the previews. Mexico would be down 1-0..there would be an obvious penalty that the ref wont call, then mexico would get censored like every time they lose and theyd forget about scoring and try to kill anyone that has the ball. it happened in '02 and i cried.
lol. soccer has the craziest fans. it just amazes me how big soccer is outside the U.S. i love watching every World cup game
what amazes me is how small it is in the US...I dont understand how people can not know that its the best sport in the world?
what amazes me is how small it is in the US...I dont understand how people can not know that its the best sport in the world?
very true, but it's growing little by little. Watching the opening Ceremony is very cool as well. other than the olympics, the world cup is the only other time we see a lot of countries come together. its beautiful. It's like a HUGE war, but without guns and bombs. even though i'm sure there is a few deaths in every world cupI just it the time difference since I really can't see all the games live, unless I want to stay up late night and all early morning

world cup will be a good one this year, a lot of strong teams. US has a really tough group. Spain, France, and England seem to be strong.And then there's alwasy Brazil. Should be a good one, you can't even say there's a front runner because south korea could make some noise like it did last time.

I say its:Group A:GermanyEcuador?? (thats pretty rigged right there man, poland costa rica and equador wtf?)Group BEnglandParaguayGroup CNetherlandsArgentinaDMexico PortugalECzech Rep.italyGroup FBrazil JapanGrop GFranceS KoreaGroup HSpainUkrainebest third is probably gonna be US or Croatia..

I really can't see USA getting past the 1st round.
Italy should win your group, its the Czechs you need to worry about.
well my team is mexico, like I stated in the first post. USA's key game is their first game against Czech. The face italy for their second game..if they lose both, the easiest and last game they have in the first round against Ghana wouldnt even matter. If USA loses their first game, its over for themteneight
Reyna probably earns around $40k - $50k a week. So not too bad.
I just it the time difference since I really can't see all the games live, unless I want to stay up late night and all early morning
thats what we did last time, in mexico the clubs would stay open till 9 or 10 am so you'd go drink and then theyd turn off the music in the morning and everyone would watch the game in a huge screen, it was pretty sweet....

group A Germany Poland group B England Sweden group c Argentina Netherlands group D Mexico Portugal group E Italy Czech Republic group F Brazil Australia group G France South Korea group H Spain Saudi ArabiaMy predictions

I really can't see USA getting past the 1st round.
Italy should win your group, its the Czechs you need to worry about.
well my team is mexico, like I stated in the first post. USA's key game is their first game against Czech. The face italy for their second game..if they lose both, the easiest and last game they have in the first round against Ghana wouldnt even matter. If USA loses their first game, its over for themteneight
You did, my appologies.
world cup will be a good one this year, a lot of strong teams. US has a really tough group.  Spain, France, and England seem to be strong.And then there's alwasy Brazil.  Should be a good one, you can't even say there's a front runner because south korea could make some noise like it did last time.
Trust me ,there is a definite front runner. Brazil by a long way.