good folds that hit

how frustrated do you get making the right move by folding and having it hit?right now on bodog in the last 5 handshad KJ off and fold to one of those minimum raisers flop KKJ (ended up 2 all ins and i would of won)had 8 10 hearts with a bunch of limpers i limpboard 67Q unsuitedguy bets pot on the button, i fold, turns a 9 (another huge pot i would of won as 2 donkeys were all in)i just feel if i loosen up and make some calls with marginal hands i can hit some monsters, on the other hand i'm trying to play smartshould i be frustrated or keep playing smart?bodog 3k right now and doing well

it gets easier with time, let it go.(I don't know how long you have been playing)after 300k hands it doesn't faze me a bit. There will be another one.PS last night I got knocked out when I had the A high flush and he had 72with a flop of 227QA. that annoyed me for a few.

it's worse in a tourney when you could have busted like 2 players in a hand, and moved into the chip lead. like today i folded j-5 in the sb. flop was 5-5-a. 2 allins w/ a-9 and a-q=)

how frustrated do you get making the right move by folding and having it hit?right now on bodog in the last 5 handshad KJ off and fold to one of those minimum raisers flop KKJ (ended up 2 all ins and i would of won)had 8 10 hearts with a bunch of limpers i limpboard 67Q unsuitedguy bets pot on the button, i fold, turns a 9 (another huge pot i would of won as 2 donkeys were all in)i just feel if i loosen up and make some calls with marginal hands i can hit some monsters, on the other hand i'm trying to play smartshould i be frustrated or keep playing smart?bodog 3k right now and doing well
cmon now...you should know by now that you don't play to win pots...you play to make the right play and thus you will win in the long run. Me and many other fold what would have been the winner all the time...don't let it tilt you!

a pretty obvious statement yes....but poker isn't always fair. The only thing you can do is make the right move at the right time...what happens after you can't control so take comfort in the fact that you make the correct play.

The only thing that happens when you make goood laydowns and the flop hits is to encourage you to make poor choices on what to play. If you think of it as 8 out of my 10 laydowns miss the flop then I am saving more money then what I would have won playing something I normally wouldn't

First of all, no, I no longer get bothered by those flops I would have hit. Occasionally I do get bothered by people who already folded have to gasp and sigh when they "would have hit 2 pair OMG!!1!!1!!!one!!".Obviously you always want to play "smart" poker, but there are situations where you can justify playing worse than optimal holdings. I think the Sam Farha hand at the WSoP was a slightly exaggerated illustration of this point. (For those who missed it, he called a large raise with 33 against an opponent's aces because he was reasonably certain that he would take all of his opponents chips if he flopped a set.) I am not telling you to start going apeshit, but it is possible to fold too much.

Calling with a gutshot can sometimes be profitable if you feel you can take your opponents entire stack if you hit and if the game is decently deep stacked.KJo is still a fold. Thats one hand that is dominated by way way to many hands to risk putting $ in the pot. If the flop comes KKJ and you're up against AK sure you're gonna take your opponents stack. But way more often its gonna come Kxx and you're going to lose a big pot.

Calling with a gutshot can sometimes be profitable if you feel you can take your opponents entire stack if you hit and if the game is decently deep stacked.KJo is still a fold. Thats one hand that is dominated by way way to many hands to risk putting $ in the pot. If the flop comes KKJ and you're up against AK sure you're gonna take your opponents stack. But way more often its gonna come Kxx and you're going to lose a big pot.
i agree. but whats with all these minimum raisers? it makes me want to call and bust their a$$. i hate the minimum raise

I hate those kind of flops too. Profitable poker players make the plays that make money in the long-run, though. Sure, if you hadn't laid down K/J in that situation, you would have won a huge pot. But say you play that hand in that situation 100 times, you might be down a mega-****-ton and be eating pork and beans for breakfast, lunch, and supper, all because that one time you would have hit a full house.

You just can't those types of situations get to you and let them get you on tilt. Sometimes I'll not even look at the board after I fold a smallish pocket pair or another drawing hand.One time on a FTP buring the 6000 guarantee Tourney, with the blinds at 200/400 and antes at 25, I got A :D Q :D FTP in middle position. After UTG limped in for 400, I popped it to 1800. The button, a short stack, went all-in for his last 3750. I put him on a smallish pair or two big cards, but I'm not worried about him. I'm worried now about the player who limped, who only has me covered by about 10K in chips.He then moves all-in. Uh-oh.....an UTG limper who moved all-in after two raises behind him. Just smelled fishy to me - it could be AKs, but I was more thinking AA or KK. I hated folding the AQs here, but I did. And the UTG did in fact have KK (short stack had As7s). Of course what was the flop?Q :D Q :) 4 :club: It sucked, but I at least was comforted by the fact that I made the correct decision. That is what you need to focus on.

"Folding winners" tilt is effectively the same thing as "lost a huge pot" tilt.They both cost you money.Don't be tilt-able.The easiest way to get over it is to play 100,000 hands. You'll see some goofy sh!t in 100,000 hands, I promise you.