do something for someone else

If you live around a store that has a toys for tots drop off, you should donate something for them such as a plush toy. This is a good cause and such a small donation can go a long way.Most of the major stores should have a box. Thank you to anyone who will/has donated.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you live around a store that has a toys for tots drop off, you should donate something for them such as a plush toy. This is a good cause and such a small donation can go a long way.Most of the major stores should have a box. Thank you to anyone who will/has donated.
Good man. Agreed.

this deserves a bumpOne of the best gifts to give in these boxes are basketballs or footballs for boys, think about it, as long as you can find someone else or a hoop you can do something with itI would be interested in suggestions for the girls equivalent, basically an all-inclusive gift that can be used over and over

Fuk u, assclown.Naw, seriously, I donate about a grand a year worth of stuff to little kids. No girls stuff, though. Just bikes, footballs, and actionfigures.Also, clothing with the words "no girls allowed" on the front. More power to the young woman who wears that sucka around.Good post,Ice

Great thread Austin.I'll drop something off at Meijer or Wal-Mart this year.If they don't have boxes, I'll hunt down one.BTW - I think this thread should be stickied; perfect thread for Christmas.

Excellent thread, KingAustin. I donate whatever time/money/items that I can during this time of year. I encourage others to do the same if possible.Consider this a bump

So if I go into Walmart and buy a gift for someone what does Walmart do? I mean for the profit and publicity they receive they could at least do something. I'm not here to rain on the parade, but I have a problem with a business like Walmart that makes billions off of merchandise they import from China and then has the audacity to ask customers to come on in and buy something from them for a stranger. I would glady buy a gift for donation if Walmart were to match the offer gift for gift. As it is, i'll just donate some time at the local soup kitchen or buy a meal for someone sleeping on the street.

Yes, sticky the thread. if there is someone that disagrees, than they do not belong on this site. bump for the kids!when i was younger, around 10-15, my Grandma always took the donations from the local banks that had a Christmas tree that people donated under. we then took the gifts back to her house, as she had lists of needy families. she evenly divided the gifts up (boy, 6 yrs old, girl 10 yrs old, etc) as appropriately as possible. we then delivered the gifts to parents throughout our city, explaining that they should wrap them and give them to their kids for Christmas presents. the look on their faces to know that they were able to give their kids a wonderful Christmas was so worth it. i will never forget all the good that my Grandma did while she was alive, and I will never forget how ecstatic the parents were to receive gifts for their kids. I could only imagine what it would feel like to worry between paying a bill or buying Christmas presents for my children. what a stressful time for those that cannot afford it!

Bump . . .We have several christmas trees in the lobby of our church. On the trees are angels with the names and ages of boys and girls from our area that are from the homeless shelter. On the back of the angel is a list of items that they need, ie coat, shoes, jeans, etc along with one item they would like in the way of a toy. Every year we pick a couple and buy the children what they need and also buy them a toy appropriate for their age. We belong to a large church so thousands of children each year get to open presents that normally would not get any. It is so humbling each year to be able to pick an angel off of the tree and help out these kids. Compared to these kids we have so much. The modesty of some of the requests on the angels literally brings me to tears sometimes. A 7 year old boy asking for a pack of crayons and paper or a little girl asking for ribbons for her hair. These kids can't even imagine what a gameboy is or how to even play an XBox or playstation. They truly value any and everything they get. I only mention my church because that is where we donate each year. Regardless of whether it is a church or not, everyone should consider donating somewhere for the children. The ones listed above are very good choices. Try to always go through a legitimate foundation if you can. Yes maybe this is corny to say but we are all very blessed. If you are able to log onto a computer and even look at this thread . . . you are blessed. If you don't think about it any other time of the year . . . think about donating during Christmas. Don't do it for yourself to make yourself feel better. Do it for those that are truly less fortunate than you are.(Jumps off soap box and goes back to work).

Excellent post! Giving to those who are less fortunate is something we should do year round, not just during the holidays. We never know, someday we might need some help from a stranger.

Great thread, keep it going.I'm giving something this year, everyone here should.  Sticky this over in General mods, that would be the right thing to do.
Theresa said it was under discussion to have stickied in general, and I just got word from custom that they will not sticky it.The mods and admins voted on it and the majority voted no...
Great thread, keep it going.I'm giving something this year, everyone here should. Sticky this over in General mods, that would be the right thing to do.
Theresa said it was under discussion to have stickied in general, and I just got word from custom that they will not sticky it.The mods and admins voted on it and the majority voted no...
What??? WHY??? Well, will they at least sticky this in off topic? This is an important topic, and if the mods cant get a majority vote to sticky this thread, then shame on them for being so inhumane. Must be easy for them to say no to such a simple thing, while they are sitting in their nice warm houses, eating good food, spending their money on computers, some with MULTIPLE moniters playing poker on the the friggin internet, while there are CHILDREN who have NOTHING, let alone Christmas presents.Honestly, DN is a kind, caring Christian, and you cannot tell me that he wouldnt disapprove of his mods on his website refusing to sticky such a thread this time of the year! What a bunch of crap and I hope all the mods have a wonderful FRIGGIN Christmas.I have never been so disappointed in this website as I am today. I can't believe that they even had to vote on something like this. My respect for them is gone.
Great thread, keep it going.I'm giving something this year, everyone here should. Sticky this over in General mods, that would be the right thing to do.
What??? WHY??? Well, will they at least sticky this in off topic? This is an important topic, and if the mods cant get a majority vote to sticky this thread, then shame on them for being so inhumane. Must be easy for them to say no to such a simple thing, while they are sitting in their nice warm houses, eating good food, spending their money on computers, some with MULTIPLE moniters playing poker on the the friggin internet, while there are CHILDREN who have NOTHING, let alone Christmas presents.Honestly, DN is a kind, caring Christian, and you cannot tell me that he wouldnt disapprove of his mods on his website refusing to sticky such a thread this time of the year! What a bunch of crap and I hope all the mods have a wonderful FRIGGIN Christmas.I have never been so disappointed in this website as I am today. I can't believe that they even had to vote on something like this. My respect for them is gone.
Relax, put away your mouse and go buy a copy of We Are The World. Seriously though, anyone who needs to be reminded to perform such a selfless act by an anonymous person on a poker forum is probably not going to do anything anyway.
DN is actually the one who moved the thread to off topic :?