** official full contact hockey league thread **

Why only 15 teams in the league? There will be one team not playing every night.EDIT: Discovered why, the goalie issue. There is one team in DN's league that doesn't have any goalies at all. I think it would be better for our league to have 16 teams, with 14 of them having 2 goalies, and 2 teams having 1 goalie, and 2 goalies floating in the FA, and keep the divisions even. It would make it easier for playoff matchups, and guarentee that every team will play on every night our league plays. My $.03 CDN.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG I think I have memory loss.

Wow, at first I was thinking you must be thinking of someone else, but then I slowly started to recall something about feeling a little screwed but willing to say f it, and whatever. I love being the

(Note: My "like" on the previous post was regarding the friendships made and in no way related to the quip about last Thursday)

well we'll keep at at these 14 for right now then, good point.P.S. does someone want to volunteer to be a mod on the forum who'll go through and help me create threads for each team on the roster?

well we'll keep at at these 14 for right now then, good point.P.S. does someone want to volunteer to be a mod on the forum who'll go through and help me create threads for each team on the roster?
I will help you out Goose, you'll just need to explain what you want done. I won't be able to do anything tonight though, but I'm free most evenings and weekends.vlaming8748@rogers.com
I will help you out Goose, you'll just need to explain what you want done. I won't be able to do anything tonight though, but I'm free most evenings and weekends.vlaming8748@rogers.com
ill help with it if you need.. this weekend is bad for me but normall im lurking all night
The forum is up at http://hockey.nategosse.com/forum, i think this is by far the best way to do the draft.7. Fenxis, "t.d.b"
Make that tbd/aka: no name yet...If we bid on a forum how will we handle salary caps/roster sizes?
set a $60 cap.... if someone goes over the cap, they have to drop players until they're $60 or lower.
check your e-mails, I'll make both of you mods on the forum, and three of us should be enough to do the necessary legwork.
Got the email, I'll be in touch later today.
I'd help you guys out, but I really don't know how to work that stuff. Excellent work though, you guys are moving in the right direction

Well, it looks like everything is coming together. Let me know if I can help you guys, or if you're looking for help in a certain area. I am a little antsy about how the draft is to be done... I'm trying to think if there is some way we could do it live instead of on a forum. Perhaps on IRC?

Goose, the forum idea is genius, good call. Let me know if there's anything you need, I need to start planning out a team and strategy. I'm assuming a max of 2 goalie tandems per team, right? Any maximums on positions (RW, LW, C?) or will there just be forward positions and defensive positions? Can't wait, this is gonna be a good time. Also, major kudos to the AHL and it's commish for allowing the use of their basic idea and rule system, most appreciated!

Goose, any ideas on what day the weekday games will fall on? I can figure out what day has the most games, if you want, but I won't bother if you've already done the math...

Number of Games by Day of the Week (1/1/06 - 4/18/06)Monday - 83Tuesday - 109Wednesday - 73Thursday - 115Friday - 64Saturday - 139Sunday - 63
lol, I feel bad that everybody is helping out. Hey goose or anybody, if you ever need help doing anything non-website related (because I don't know how to do that), like getting games or players on teams, stats, whatever, just give me a holler, and i'll help out.
  • 1 year later...