just played the biggest pot of my life with k7o

So, I'm playing $0.5/$1 SH NL on PokerTime, sitting with about $70 (built it from $10, had it at $120 at one point but I like to **** around), when I pick up K7o in the BB.So, one guy in early position (UTG, actually) calls, and one other player raises the minimum, so I call, and UTG calls. The flop comes KK4 rainbow. I'm thinking that I'm probably ahead right now, but I want to be a bit careful. Anyways, UTG checks, MP bets $5, I raise to $12 (something like that), UTG folds, and yeah, MP goes all in for like $60 more.I think about it for a bit, thinking about what he could have. I figure he could have AK, or KQ, or he might even have AA. If he has AA, I'm ahead, AK or KQ, I have some catching up to do, but I'm not drawing dead or anything. What would you do in this spot? I'll post the conclusion in a little while.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted it to get an opinion, and since you don't have a real one, you probably shouldn't have posted.You have no idea how skilled I am, nor do you know anything about how I play.Nice try, though.

I'll let you know soon. I probably should have noted that I was on this table for only 30 minutes or so, but I had picked up on a few things about the player in question that gave me a little help with the decision to make, be it the correct, or incorrect decision.He would make alot of stupid minimum raises with specific hands, and make ridiculously large raises with others, almost at random it seemed.

I see no reason not to be in this situation, though. If I'm in the BB, and someone raises minimum (with another player in the pot who is very likely to call), I might as well call.Assuming the guy behind me (UTG) calls, I'm getting about 5:1 to call. If I get a nice flop (like I did) then I could possibly make a load off this guy.

Oh, and another thing: If I call the $1 raise pre-flop and don't catch anything on the flop, I can easily let it go, as would anyone else with a brain.

So, I'm playing $0.5/$1 SH NL on PokerTime, sitting with about $70 (built it from $10, had it at $120 at one point but I like to censored around), when I pick up K7o in the BB.So, one guy in early position (UTG, actually) calls, and one other player raises the minimum, so I call, and UTG calls. The flop comes KK4 rainbow. I'm thinking that I'm probably ahead right now, but I want to be a bit careful. Anyways, UTG checks, MP bets $5, I raise to $12 (something like that), UTG folds, and yeah, MP goes all in for like $60 more.I think about it for a bit, thinking about what he could have. I figure he could have AK, or KQ, or he might even have AA. If he has AA, I'm ahead, AK or KQ, I have some catching up to do, but I'm not drawing dead or anything. What would you do in this spot? I'll post the conclusion in a little while.
umm. i dont see aces in this guys hand.his lead out bet after two checks is a bit standard to take this pot. dont think he has a K, but he re-raised all in. weird in my mind. Could he have a weak K?. what did he raise min with?Krablar? he played a weak K suited and raised it min to hopefully take control of this hand post flop. seeing how i know what goes on at these limits, this donkey has no idea why he raised min. So. yes. I think he has a K, but i think its a weak K.
You are playing short handed no limit with three of a kind. You are not good enough to fold this. Why did you post this?
why do people post shite like this. This is a forum , the bloke asked a question for it to be discussed . u dont want to discuss just dont post .
You are playing short handed no limit with three of a kind. You are not good enough to fold this. Why did you post this?
why do people post censored like this. This is a forum , the bloke asked a question for it to be discussed . u dont want to discuss just dont post .
:clap: good post Jayo

I find alot of people have a disturbing habit of raising minimum in NL games. It's probably one of the biggest mistakes a NL player can make (IMO), and seems to get ALOT of players in trouble.Usually when I'm playing a NL game and if I have a bet already in the pot (as in I limped, or was in the BB) and someone after me raises the minimum, I almost always call with a weaker hand such as 57, 89, or even 53 (if it's sooooted), and I'll usually re-raise a few bets if I'm in the BB with a decent hand.Anyways, I do agree, Kx (where x is a small carD) is an open possibility in this spot, especially in games this soft.

you said you weren't quite sure if you were ahead so you wanted to be careful, and the other player has done everything he can to tell you that he is ahead, so you should probably fold. Personally I would call though, because he did the same thing every other online player does with AA, raises the minimum preflop, so i would figure him for AA.

pokerplayer24, I didn't sit with 10bb, I sat with $70 or so. I got $10 free on PokerTime a few days ago and had built it up to $120 playing $20 NL and $10 NL, with some $50 NL thrown in there.When I said I was going from $10 to $120 and back down to $70, I meant I built it up to $120 on decent limits, lost a nice bit of it donkey-ing around, and then sat at the $100 NL table with about $70.So no, I didn't sit with 10bb, I'm not an idiot.

Here's my opinion. He raised it minimun preflop...could mean a few things at this level. One, he has a really strong pair, 2 he has Ax. My guess is he has A-X which could mean A-K in this case as he reraised you all in after you showed obvious strength on a flop of 2 kings. The wild card at this level is he ihas a big pair like aces or QQ and simply doesn't think you have one of the kings. We all know people at this level cannot fold aces so it is also likely he is going broke with his aces at this point no matter what the flop is.A good player would have a real hand against your re-raise on the flop. Meaning, he better have at least a big King in his hand. however, most players at .50/1.00 are fish so i will say he has Aces. Hows that?

So then the question would be is his x smaller than your 7 and not a 4. Do horrible players even min raise with K-crap? meh, that's a scary call to make, especially when he flips over a pair of 10's.

So, I'm playing $0.5/$1 SH NL on PokerTime, sitting with about $70 (built it from $10, had it at $120 at one point but I like to censored around), when I pick up K7o in the BB.So, one guy in early position (UTG, actually) calls, and one other player raises the minimum, so I call, and UTG calls. The flop comes KK4 rainbow. I'm thinking that I'm probably ahead right now, but I want to be a bit careful. Anyways, UTG checks, MP bets $5, I raise to $12 (something like that), UTG folds, and yeah, MP goes all in for like $60 more.I think about it for a bit, thinking about what he could have. I figure he could have AK, or KQ, or he might even have AA. If he has AA, I'm ahead, AK or KQ, I have some catching up to do, but I'm not drawing dead or anything. What would you do in this spot? I'll post the conclusion in a little while.
There is only one thing to do in this situation and that is call. You commited yourself to seeing a flop with weak cards because it was the minnimum raise and you where getting good pot odds. You led out on the flop which was the correct play. I personnaly think that when a player in his situation put's all his chips in behind your raise is weak and trying to bluff you off the pot. You win this hand 9-10 times. Bang you call and he flips up pp?

WonderBoy: I didn't mean careful to be, "oh god I have to fold right now!", I meant it as, "I should not be a donkey and think it through before doing something that I might regret".I'd like to note that my first impression was AA after he pushed the flop after I raised him, as alot of donkeys would. I couldn't really put him on a high king in this position, as alot of players like him would simply call my raise. I did say there was no draw on the board, so he wasn't risking much if he did have a high king, so I would think he would slowplay rather than hammer the pot after my raise.

I actually can't remember if I check-raised, but I'm pretty positive that I did. I wish that site had hand history so I could give it a post, but I couldn't find it.Okay, I'll post the outcome now in about 2 minutes.