folding aces preflop

are you playing Omaha?  If you are playing hold em, you are an idiot my friend...
What the heck is omaha? Yes it's hold em, what other game do you get aces in? I think espn just say its the best starting hand because they want more suckers for their events. and saying 72 is the worst hand is just rediculous 23 is. Any idiot would know that ace king suited is the best hand because you can make royal flushes with it all the time.
Yup... he's "that guy"
was just about to type that... don't be "that guy" :-)
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THERE IS ONLY ONE TIME YOU FOLD ACES PRE-FLOP.... if you are in something like a satelite and the top couple of places pay the same. If there are 4 people left and 3 places gain an entry to a tourny and 3 players are all-in, then you fold bc there is no reason to play.IF YOU FOLD ACES PREFLOP IN A NORMAL TOURNEY OR CASH GAME, don't play poker anymore. YOU ARE A LOSING PLAYER. Your playing NL.... push all-in. You have the nuts and if you fold the nuts then you are a donkey. Please don't post anything that stupid on this forum ever again. I am not one to belittle people on this forum bc I truly think this is a place to learn and grow as a poker player. If you are folding A-A pre-flop then you are not a poker player and you will never win in the long run. I am being so adamant about his because it is such a stupid statement. Please think about what you wrote and anyone that agrees with the OP's post please play cards with me :twisted:

which basically says after 5 players per hand your ev on aces becomes  negative.  
Assuming they all call your hefty preflop reraise. If you're in late pos and allow that many to take a flop, you belong on the felt.
this is limit, correct? NL your an arse :lol:edit: wow the op is NL. To the op, you are way off. Play to the felt at least preflop

I was going to comment on the large nipples but didn't for fear of being flamed because of commenting on a monster turtle's nipples....did I just comment on a monster's nipples ? .....ehh..

I was going to comment on the large nipples but didn't for fear of being flamed because of commenting on a monster turtle's nipples....did I just comment on a monster's nipples ? .....ehh..
yes, it has beautiful nipples like phil hellmuth
are you playing Omaha? If you are playing hold em, you are an idiot my friend...
What the heck is omaha? Yes it's hold em, what other game do you get aces in? I think espn just say its the best starting hand because they want more suckers for their events. and saying 72 is the worst hand is just rediculous 23 is. Any idiot would know that ace king suited is the best hand because you can make royal flushes with it all the time.
this thread makes me laugh....enjoy losing
are you playing Omaha? If you are playing hold em, you are an idiot my friend...
I hope to god this guy is kidding. As a matter of fact, I know he is because anyone who is stupid enough to fold aces pre flop unless its that rare super-satillite circumstance could never make any money playing poker, especially "10k a week" as he says. Ask any legitimate pro poker player and they will tell you this is just silly.

Great thread. Great.He didn't fold Aces preflop. He didn't. Even if I saw it happen in person, I wouldn't believe it.I can't believe that someone could possibly be that stupid. I mean, there is only one (and one) situation to fold pocket aces, which is the whole rare satellite situation that has been discussed.I refuse believe that humans are that stupid.

You guys are just jealous. I am a considered a professional and make about 1000 a week. I intend to have over 40 bracelets one day.
if they're made of tinfoil, you may be able to get 100 one day. yes i fold aces all the time? i mean who honestly would want to play the best starting hand? thats for morons!! 72off is the way to go! you always hit 2 pair with it. i fold AA in any position at any table, even when i'm not drunk.

lol you are a fav guarented, not against them all but cmon re-raisee them out, i highly doubt more than 2 people would call, unless you are playing $25 buy-in on pp, and then maybe 3, sad, sad, sad.

The only time i would fold Aces preflop is if it is a satellite, and top 9 go to the same thing, theres 10 people left, 2 short stacks go all-in and the chip leader goes all in after them, why risk your tournament, when if you get knocked out and they don't you end up not getting the seat, i dunno, i would fold in that spot, if there were 10 left and top 9 got the exact same thing.