danneman's christmas gift to hellmuth

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

so he better keep huggin mikes nuts he may need a backer :club:
I think you got it all backwards, let me change everything around so YOU don't have toso mike better start huggin steve's nuts, he may need a backas is usually the case :D
Sorry Stevey, your a moron whos had one cash ever in any tournament, your not a spokesman.Two major cashes, and a few smaller ones. But who's counting.
sorry i forgot about including the TOC, so quit whining. I also assume your just making this thing up about the smaller cashes. You had no idea who this guy was until he was on TV either, dont pretend youve been railing him for years.all i said was that was too bold of a statement for someone in his position to make. to me it sounds like "well me and the other guys dont like his antics, he can leave". Im sorry, but making a final table doesnt qualify you to make judgements over who can play poker. Its a game for christsakes, if you dont wanna play against people with different attitudes, find a new hobby.

The more I watch Steve on tv the more I think he realishes the 'goofball' approach and uses it to his advantage at the table. The fact that he cashed in 4th or 5th in the TOC after taking 2nd in the main event just might indicate he has some real talent. :club: Ya think?As another said - he's growing on me. I couldn't stand him at first but it's hard not to like a guy who shows up Hellmuth like that with a donkey gift. The crowd got a huge kick out of it too.

No offense to all Hellmuth lovers, but Dannenman is the best thing to happen to poker since Moneymaker increased the popularity of the game and the number of online players. Anyone that would rather watch a loser with a hugely inflated ego like Hellmuth should get the same present Dannenman gave him. Hellmuth is not only self-centered, but from following his play on CardPlayer from over 40 events over the past three years, he is assuredly one of the worst weak-tight players I have ever seen. Dannenman confesses to not be the greatest player, but in the past few months he has already surpasses Hellmuth in NL Tournament play. From 1990-2004 Hellmuth may have had the worst cash and tournament results of any poker player that you would rank in the top 100. I agree with DN completely when he says Hellmuth is not even close to a top 60 tournament player. Negreanu has played with Hellmuth in numerous tournaments over the years, as well as over 50 hours in cash games such as High Stakes Poker and 1000-2000. If people still want to disagree with Negreanu and myself, even though I've only been playing for 9 years unlike DN, they are free to. However, it just shows how little they know about poker and what kind of weak-tight players they are now. Just because kids' first poker book was Play Poker Like the Pros, doesn't mean that Hellmuth is a great or even decent tournament or cash game player. I'm sure it's VERY well understood by every top 50 pro and everyone on this board who actually plays poker for a living that Hellmuth is not in the top 60 NL tournament players in the world, and most likely not in the top 1000 cash game players.

dannenman seems like a real nice guy, he originally came off like a prick because thats the 1st shot of him ESPN gave us, but i think peoples impresion of him is turning around and every1s starting to realize that he a nice guy.

Hand 4 - Steve Dannenmann has the button in seat 1, Matusow raises to $12,000, winning the blinds and antes. In between hands, Dannenmann gives Matusow a wrapped gift. Matusow asks, "Is it the four million you stole from me this summer?" (Referring to the World Series final table.) It's a small globe, similar to the one that Dannenmann uses as a card protector. He explains that he and Matusow were sitting next to each other on day one, and Matusow kept singing, "He's got the whole world in his hands," referring to the globe.Phil Hellmuth then takes a moment to tell the TV cameras, "Merry Christmas," because this is scheduled to air on Christmas Eve. The crowd lets out a condescending "Awwwww."Dannenmann has also given Hellmuth a gift, which he opens, ignoring the fact that it could be dangerous. The box is opened, and he pulls out a stuffed donkey. The crowd has a great laugh, but Phil takes it in good spirits. What a nice guy......or is he? :club: Hand 67 - Steve Dannenmann has the button in seat 1, he raises to $25,000, winning the blinds and antes. Hellmuth is asked by the tournament director to stack his chips, as they are spread out over a large area in front of him. Hellmuth lightly challenges him, and it's not long before he and Matusow are back into it. Eventually, even Steve Dannenmann jumps into things, saying that as a professional poker player, he isn't acting very professionally. They exchange a few more words, and Dannenmann caps it off by saying, "Nobody should buy your books or CDs, because you're a punk." Phil is taking a lot of abuse today, but he seems to be taking it very well. Of course, some would say he's had a lot of practice. Hand 68 - Phil Hellmuth has the button in seat 4, and Dannenmann raises all in, winning the blinds and antes. Hey anyone who calls Phil a punk to his face and then steals his blind is alright in my book.

If people still want to disagree with Negreanu and myself, even though I've only been playing for 9 years unlike DN, they are free to. However, it just shows how little they know about poker and what kind of weak-tight players they are now. Just because kids' first poker book was Play Poker Like the Pros, doesn't mean that Hellmuth is a great or even decent tournament or cash game player. I'm sure it's VERY well understood by every top 50 pro and everyone on this board who actually plays poker for a living that Hellmuth is not in the top 60 NL tournament players in the world, and most likely not in the top 1000 cash game players.so where did u rate in the cardplayer rankings did u even get a point lmao.if u had any sort of knowledge of the game you would realize all players go thru bad runs just ask mike the mouth.or dare i say it dn.i believe dn is 1 of if nothe best player goin round but he aint been settin the world on fire himself.maybe even u in that 9 yr wealth of experience didnt cash in 1 of thfreerolls you play :roll:

No offense to all Hellmuth lovers, but Dannenman is the best thing to happen to poker since Moneymaker increased the popularity of the game and the number of online players. Anyone that would rather watch a loser with a hugely inflated ego like Hellmuth should get the same present Dannenman gave him. Hellmuth is not only self-centered, but from following his play on CardPlayer from over 40 events over the past three years, he is assuredly one of the worst weak-tight players I have ever seen. Dannenman confesses to not be the greatest player, but in the past few months he has already surpasses Hellmuth in NL Tournament play. From 1990-2004 Hellmuth may have had the worst cash and tournament results of any poker player that you would rank in the top 100. I agree with DN completely when he says Hellmuth is not even close to a top 60 tournament player. Negreanu has played with Hellmuth in numerous tournaments over the years, as well as over 50 hours in cash games such as High Stakes Poker and 1000-2000. If people still want to disagree with Negreanu and myself, even though I've only been playing for 9 years unlike DN, they are free to. However, it just shows how little they know about poker and what kind of weak-tight players they are now. Just because kids' first poker book was Play Poker Like the Pros, doesn't mean that Hellmuth is a great or even decent tournament or cash game player. I'm sure it's VERY well understood by every top 50 pro and everyone on this board who actually plays poker for a living that Hellmuth is not in the top 60 NL tournament players in the world, and most likely not in the top 1000 cash game players.
I would love a link to the bolded quote you attribute to DN. Phil is not a good cash game player and he is a jerk at the table.However, he has 9 hold-em WSOP bracelets and anyone who says he is not one of the greatest NL holdem tournament players of all-time is delusional.and yes if DN actually said that then I think he is delusional too. But I doubt DN ever said any such thing about Phil's tournament play.

"Steve has played well lately, gotten some luck and while yes he has a right to say whatever he wants, saying that poker doesn't need people like Phil Hellmuth is not one of them."by making dumb comments like he did towars phil, might be an early sign of him letting the $ go 2 his head,without these guys who gave the sport the high profile and huge prizemoney it gets

"The real story is what took place in the post-elimination interview. With ESPN cameras rolling, Dannenmann blasted Phil Hellmuth. "We don't need players like that in the sport," Dannenmann said, raising a few eyebrows. Adding insult to injury, Dannenmann stated unequivocally, "Mike Matusow is the best player I have ever played with." As they say, war and poker create very strange bedfellows. "Does Dannenman mean that we dont need good players in the game? Im glad he feels hes in a position to make that statement. Hes an annoying middle aged man going through a mid life crisis who apparently thinks hes got a right to speak for the rest of the poker world. Sorry Stevey, your a moron whos had one cash ever in any tournament, your not a spokesman.
Yay I can finally use this picture... its been used on FCP before. :club:spelling.jpg
I'm sure it's VERY well understood by every top 50 pro and everyone on this board who actually plays poker for a living that Hellmuth is not in the top 60 NL tournament players in the world
Name 3 people with more WSOP bracelets.Sure those results aren't the final authority. Sure in 20 years Phil probably won't be in the top 5 or even 10 bracelet winners. Sure the guy is weak tight. Sure he whines like a baby. But you can't say that he's not a good tournament player.

I don't mind Dannerman, but if he was complaining about Phil not stacking his chips, which the logs seems to indicate, then he was simply wrong. A player can have his chips any style he or she as long as it does not intefere with another players space. Since Hellmuth and Dannerman were not sitting next to each other Dannerman had no right to complain and Hellmuth had a right to be upset.

Sorry Stevey, your a moron whos had one cash ever in any tournament, your not a spokesman.
First off....Dannenman cashed in the event this post is about. And...that same weekend he won a $1000 event at the Bellagio, which often features some of the top players.
From 1990-2004 Hellmuth may have had the worst cash and tournament results of any poker player that you would rank in the top 100.
Are you mental? Between 1990 and 2004, Hellmuth won 8 bracelets in NL Holdem tournaments....which oh yeah, is more than anyone else...and that is just what he did at WSOP. He also won one of the Late Night Poker tournaments in England....the Austrian Masters....and had as many cashes as anyone in the 2004 WSOP, and amassed enough cashes to now be at the top of the all-time WSOP Cashes list. So even though he hasn't won tournaments lately, he is still winning money. Those sound like terrible results to me.....I challenge you to find a single player with BETTER results over those 14 years in NL tournaments.
"The real story is what took place in the post-elimination interview. With ESPN cameras rolling, Dannenmann blasted Phil Hellmuth. "We don't need players like that in the sport," Dannenmann said, raising a few eyebrows. Adding insult to injury, Dannenmann stated unequivocally, "Mike Matusow is the best player I have ever played with." As they say, war and poker create very strange bedfellows. "Does Dannenman mean that we dont need good players in the game? Im glad he feels hes in a position to make that statement. Hes an annoying middle aged man going through a mid life crisis who apparently thinks hes got a right to speak for the rest of the poker world. Sorry Stevey, your a moron whos had one cash ever in any tournament, your not a spokesman.
Yay I can finally use this picture... its been used on FCP before. :club:spelling.jpg
I'm sorry, next time I'll proofread before I submit this to the editor. i bow to you, your highness. I wish I routinely sat around poker forums waiting for my one chance to use a graphic I stole from numerous other posters.
Sorry Stevey, your a moron whos had one cash ever in any tournament, your not a spokesman.
First off....Dannenman cashed in the event this post is about. And...that same weekend he won a $1000 event at the Bellagio, which often features some of the top players.
And the award for the person who missed the point of my post completely goes to this guy. I'm sorry, and I stated this, for misrepresenting any of Dannenman stats. I'm not a fanboy or anything, I cannot rattle off his numbers with impressive speed. The point of my post was, please do not speak for the entire poker world because you got famous for making ONE final table. Even though hes made more since then, all I said that was this ME final table was the reason he was famous. Im sorry, he can speak for himself, but dont pretend like his opinion is the consensus.
I'm sorry, next time I'll proofread before I submit this to the editor. i bow to you, your highness. I wish I routinely sat around poker forums waiting for my one chance to use a graphic I stole from numerous other posters.
You just got jewowned. That picture is awesome.
You just got jewowned. That picture is awesome.
Hey, don't take my words!!! lol. But i havn't said any of those since the incident here.
He has a right to speak. More so than people posting on this free forum.When you guys get ESPN interviewing you... you can say what you want to. Dannenmann has placed well in the WPT Borgata and USPC as well (East coast events) and is a figure worth talking to.In any case, I agree with Steve's sentiment. Phil's antics are unprofessional and not needed. I tolerate them only because it draws more attention to poker. But, ideally, I'd rather have people be interested in poker because of poker itself and not juvenile egos.But, hey that's the case with most sports (and forums).Anyway, there's a lot of stpuid stuff posted on these threads. I wish you all fame and fortune one day as well and then have donkeys talk smack about you on a forum.
I just need to say that you are the most obnoxiously condescending person I have ever come into contact with, on or off the Internet. Probably half of your posts consist of something bashing the FCP community.
He has a right to speak. More so than people posting on this free forum.
The right to speak extends to all peope, whether you like what they have to say or not. It also is equal for everyone...from ESPN analysts to movie stars to guys sitting in their basement looking at free forums.I hate saying this in general, but I really mean it when it comes to you...if you don't like it here, leave. It seems like you have good content to add to a lot of conversations due to the fact that you are somewhat tapped in to the poker world, but if you could tone down your superiority complex that would be fantastic.
givin him the donkey might b the only thing he is remembered 4 cause once again he lost.unlike phil who will win more tourneys in yr than he will in his carrer,so he better keep huggin mikes nuts he may need a backer :club:
Hellmuth Wins tournaments?

The thing is even if you want to say he got lucky and ran through the Main Event, he still put a great bluff on Lederer to pick up a nice amount of chips. The phone call thing was a bit unprofessional, but he wasn't really gloating about it and he didn't get as presumptuous as to assume he's suddenly a better all-around player than Lederer, he was proud of outplaying him in that hand, which I can safely say all of us would be.Same thing with the Tournament of Champions. I doubt highly that he just ran lucky for almost the entire tournament against the best WSOP finishers of the year, as well as Brunson, Chan, and Helmuth. As for the Helmuth thing, who the hell cares? He's not allowed to make a joke or criticize someone's behavior because he's not a professional himself? Bottom line is, Helmuth is televised as being a huge a$$ and a sore loser, Dannennman called him on it, and fireworks ensued. I'm personally excited to see the action broadcasted from the TOC, and hope that Dannennman continues to do well.

Sure he whines like a baby. But you can't say that he's not a good tournament player.Why not. You can't he WASN'T a great tournament player - clearly he WAS. But you can certainly say he ISN'T a great one now (his recent results are mediocre). Are people here really so uneducated that they can't tell the difference between the present and past tense?