nba > than nhl

seems like nothing is a general poker topic lately. Threads are either moved or deleted.
I see the point you're making, and yes they have been moving or locking a lot of threads.This particular one however, does not belong in generalpoker. Anything in here should have SOMETHING to do with poker, in some way, or the forum, or whatever.This is nowhere close. See you in the Off Topic, or NHL thread.
The NHL is run by the dumbest group of people on earth.
lol, if you don't count the players in each league. watching a sports interview is like watching a trainwreck.i can't imagine what it'd be like to be a basketball person. i'd probably realize i was a piece of trash and blow my brains out. nhl > nba, by a lot

I will say this: True NHL fans are some of loyalest people I've ever seen. I mean the people running the NHL (including the players union) has single handly been trying to kill that league for years and the fans keep showing up. I keep getting the impression that the NHL execs are just a bunch of sadists who sit around a table every year and think of what crap they can dump on the fans next. It wouldnt suprise me if they release a swarm of locusts at the half of every game next year. (and BTW, the fans would still show up)

It wouldnt suprise me if they release a swarm of locusts at the half of every game next year.
Those 3 words made my entire day....Hockey has 3 periods, there is no half.
LoL My hockey ignorance has been found out. I will now add that post to my collection of stupid things (its a very large collection btw).

I enjoy both but think the NBA is better, you can actually watch it on tv and understand what is going on. Probably has something to do with the puck being so small. I give it up to hockey fans though, they are hardcore. Soccer > NHL too though.

Guest XXEddie
I enjoy both but think the NBA is better, you can actually watch it on tv and understand what is going on. Probably has something to do with the puck being so small. I give it up to hockey fans though, they are hardcore. Soccer > NHL too though.
how do you not know whats going on in hockey??and NHL is better, for one, they have the stanely cupalso they have a new champ almost every yearin the NBA itsbulls, bulls, bulls, bulls, bulls, bulls, lakers, lakers, spurs, lakers, lakers, lakers, spurs, pistons, spursthat and basketball is too slowespecially the last 30 secs if the game is tiedshotmissedpasstime outinboundshotmisstimeout....28 seconds leftand they get like 6 TOs a half....dam, in NHL you get 1 for the game so you gotta use it wisely
and NHL is better, for one, they have the stanely cup
Serious question since I know nothing about hockey. What is so special about the Stanely Cup (as compared to other championship trophies)? I've heard people say this before and I cant figure out.The reason I dont know anything about hockey is because its just not big in Houston. No one really plays it here (well I think a few people do but its very low compared to other sports). I never even watched a hockey game on TV until I went to the University of Colorado. I practically brought the house down when I asked (in complete seriousness btw) what a power play goal was. It took a few more wierd questions and comments before they figured out I had no idea what was going on :club:

NHL definetly greater then NBA. How can you really get that excited about a game with a score that ends up 105-99. I catch the last 2 minutes of the game and thats enough for me. Keep in mind that last 2 minutes usually does take a half hour.Having said all that.NFL > NHL > MLB > PGA > Paint Drying > NBA

NHL definetly greater then NBA. How can you really get that excited about a game with a score that ends up 105-99. I catch the last 2 minutes of the game and thats enough for me. Keep in mind that last 2 minutes usually does take a half hour.Having said all that.NFL > NHL > MLB > PGA > Paint Drying > NBA
:-) :club::D:D:D
NHL is by far better than NBA. how is a tap on the arm a foul? let the guys hit each other and i'll consider it exciting :twisted: or maybe it's just because i'm canadian
That has always annoyed me too.You watch a hockey game and people get really knocked around, and sometimes there is a whistle. Everytime I see a basketball player act hurt, I feel like making them watch big hit highlight reels, and afterwards tell them that there wasn't a whistle on any of them, let alone a penalty shot.
By the same standard, why not just watch the hockey highlights on espn and see the 3 goals that are going to be scored, since thats all that is worth watching.Let me ask you a few things...Why are they trying to make hockey higher scoring now with the rule changes? Why do thier TV ratings outside of Canada suck?Why is it one of the least partisipated in sports?I like most people find that if you enjoy playing a sport, you probably like watching it too. I like playing basketball, soccer and golf. I don't like playing or watching hockey on tv, I sometimes enjoy going to a hockey game in person though because it is a different experience.And how can anyone list MLB ahead of any sport for entertainment value? Nothing like waiting 2 minutes between pitches and maybe seeing something exciting every 15-20 minutes.
how is a tap on the arm a foul? let the guys hit each other and i'll consider it exciting Twisted Evil
I always love this arguement, how about you take the pads off and try rugby then if you want a real contact sport? Seriously, drive the lane on a guy who is 6-11 300 lbs and have his elbow meet the side of your face at full force and tell me basketball isn't a contact sport. I think it's just DN has a high percentage of Canadians on his site, which explains the rampant NHL fanboyism here. I don't think this is an accurate place to get a realistic sample of which sport is more popular. It's like going to Daytona and asking if Nascar is a sport.