• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

theres a 50k tournament tmr at noon that I havent heard of or was he kidding?Matusow to the crowd: "Sorry I can't make this more entertaining for you, but I've run out of gas." After someone in the audience responds, he says that he has a tournament that he has to play at noon. He's already invested $50,000 into that buy in, and he doesn't plan to miss it.

I GOT IT! Mike must be talking about pokersuperstars 3, since the filming/play starts tomorrow, they had a 40k buy in last time, must have upped to to 50k this time.PS3 instantly becomes more watchable than 2 just because Mike is going to be in it :-)

Mike takes the lead!Hand 205 - Hoyt Corkins has the button, he limps, and Matusow checks. The flop comes Kd-9c-9s, and both players check. The turn card is the 4h, and they check again. The river card is the 8s, Matusow bets $50,000, and Corkins calls. Matusow shows J-9 (trip nines) to win the pot. Matusow now has about $655,000 in chips.

I GOT IT! Mike must be talking about pokersuperstars 3, since the filming/play starts tomorrow, they had a 40k buy in last time, must have upped to to 50k this time.PS3 instantly becomes more watchable than 2 just because Mike is going to be in it   :-)
Where are they filming? It's suck for him if they were filming in California again.
Guest Zach6668
I GOT IT! Mike must be talking about pokersuperstars 3, since the filming/play starts tomorrow, they had a 40k buy in last time, must have upped to to 50k this time.PS3 instantly becomes more watchable than 2 just because Mike is going to be in it   :-)
Man, they finally ran PS2 here the other day. I had never seen Leibert on tv before, but holy shit, did I ever want to punch her out.What a bitch!Zach

Mike Matusow Wins! Hoyt Corkins has the button, he limps, Matusow raises to $60,000, and Corkins calls. The flop comes Ks-Js-4d, Matusow bets $60,000, Corkins moves all in, and Matusow immediately calls with Kd-9d (pair of kings). Corkins shows Qc-10c for an open-ended straight draw. Corkins needs a nine or an ace, or something runner-runner to stay alive.The turn card is the 2h, and Matusow is one card away from winning. The river card is the 3h, and Hoyt Corkins is eliminated in second place, earning $325,000.<b>Mike Matusow wins the 2005 <i>WSOP Tournament of Champions,</i> taking home $1 million, a very cool trophy, a TV victory that will air on Christmas Eve, and a crapload of bragging rights.</b>

HELL YEAH MIKEY!!!!Date / Time: 2005-11-09 01:56:00 Title: Mike Matusow Wins! Log: Hand 207 - Hoyt Corkins has the button, he limps, and Matusow checks. The flop comes Ks-Kc-9c, Matusow checks, Corkins bets $20,000, and Matusow folds. Hand 208 - Mike Matusow has the button, and he folds. Hand 209 - Hoyt Corkins has the button, he limps, Matusow raises to $60,000, and Corkins calls. The flop comes Ks-Js-4d, Matusow bets $60,000, Corkins moves all in, and Matusow immediately calls with Kd-9d (pair of kings). Corkins shows Qc-10c for an open-ended straight draw. Corkins needs a nine or an ace, or something runner-runner to stay alive. The turn card is the 2h, and Matusow is one card away from winning. The river card is the 3h, and Hoyt Corkins is eliminated in second place, earning $325,000. Mike Matusow wins the 2005 WSOP Tournament of Champions, taking home $1 million, a very cool trophy, a TV victory that will air on Christmas Eve, and a crapload of bragging rights. I can finally go to bed!!! When I first looked at it I didn't see he had won, but then i saw the bold print at the bottom and was like "OH SHIT!!"

for some reason, i dont like hoyt. every time i see him on Tv..he is sucking out on someone.btw, yes i know..he is a good player. I just dont see them airing a lot of good hands he plays compared to the bad beats he gives

for some reason, i dont like hoyt. every time i see him on Tv..he is sucking out on someone.btw, yes i know..he is a good player. I just dont see them airing a lot of good hands he plays compared to the bad beats he gives
I agree with this 100%. I am sure he is a good guy and I doubt he could have all the success he has if he is not a great player.However, on TV, all I ever see him doing is stupid, donkish hyper agressive stuff and then getting lucky. Like the runner runner on Hellmuth at Foxwoods or the horrific beat he put on JDags at the USPC final table. He seems like a nice guy though so I dont want to hate on him.