fcp veterans forum?

settle down??? dude, i'm as cool as a cucumber. is it ok for me to have an opinion that isn't the same as yours or is that against the rules?
sure, it's just the fact that every post I've read of yours indicates that you are a moron and don't add content to the forum.
  • Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

settle down??? dude, i'm as cool as a cucumber. is it ok for me to have an opinion that isn't the same as yours or is that against the rules?
sure, it's just the fact that every post I've read of yours indicates that you are a moron and don't add content to the forum.
which one of my posts indicated that to you? and i'm sure all 6k of your posts were so meaningful.
which one of my posts indicated that to you? and i'm sure all 6k of your posts were so meaningful.
every post you've made within the past 2 weeks. All of my posts are meaningful because I'm better at internet forums than you, I win.
every post you've made within the past 2 weeks. All of my posts are meaningful because I'm better at internet forums than you, I win.
:club:
I think I might have a solution to the volume issue we are having here in the General Forum recently. What do you guys think of the idea of adding another forum for "FCP Veterans" only? Something along the lines of, "Minimum 1000 posts." Hopefully, that will help the veterans maintain their close knit community while allowing newbies a chance to be a part of this community without being chastised for it. I appreciate the Veterans concerns, but guys, seriously, you need to stop treating the newbies so poorly. It represents FCP very poorly and I don't like it. Try to be a little more kind to the newbies. Anyway, let me know if you guys think adding a Veterans forum would be something you'd all like to see and I'll get it done.
I love how its clear that its the veterans who are cluttering up the forum with useless flames, even Daniel recognizes this, yet 90% of the posts on this thread are from Vets saying: Yeah, lets have our own forum because then we wouldn't have to listen to any stupid newbie posting a bad beat hand...Daniel, do you really think adding a forum for veterans does anything other than polarize the site even more? It isn't like they still won't post in the 'newbie' area and complain about the same stuff they do now. Nothing will change, other than they will get an ego boost by having their own private area. And lets say the few people who do post good content on the site move and only post in the 'Veterans' area, then why would those of us who frequent the site come anymore, if we coudn't access the very content we're here for.I say, go ahead and give the Veterans their own area as they will inevitably turn on themselves and maybe the clutter will die down a bit? Also, anyone with 4000 posts should spend more time working on their poker game, and less posting about how great a poker game they have. Flames away!Mark
I think I might have a solution to the volume issue we are having here in the General Forum recently. What do you guys think of the idea of adding another forum for "FCP Veterans" only? Something along the lines of, "Minimum 1000 posts." Hopefully, that will help the veterans maintain their close knit community while allowing newbies a chance to be a part of this community without being chastised for it. I appreciate the Veterans concerns, but guys, seriously, you need to stop treating the newbies so poorly. It represents FCP very poorly and I don't like it. Try to be a little more kind to the newbies. Anyway, let me know if you guys think adding a Veterans forum would be something you'd all like to see and I'll get it done.
I love how its clear that its the veterans who are cluttering up the forum with useless flames, even Daniel recognizes this, yet 90% of the posts on this thread are from Vets saying: Yeah, lets have our own forum because then we wouldn't have to listen to any stupid newbie posting a bad beat hand...Daniel, do you really think adding a forum for veterans does anything other than polarize the site even more? It isn't like they still won't post in the 'newbie' area and complain about the same stuff they do now. Nothing will change, other than they will get an ego boost by having their own private area. And lets say the few people who do post good content on the site move and only post in the 'Veterans' area, then why would those of us who frequent the site come anymore, if we coudn't access the very content we're here for.I say, go ahead and give the Veterans their own area as they will inevitably turn on themselves and maybe the clutter will die down a bit? Also, anyone with 4000 posts should spend more time working on their poker game, and less posting about how great a poker game they have. Flames away!Mark
Amen brutha, amen.

I vote no.We don't need to make the forum more dividedthan it already is.If DN were to decide to create a vet's forum though,it shouldn't be judged just on post count alone.Too many people would make hundreds and hundredsof useless posts just to try to gain the status.

i like the idea, and it HAS to be by post count and not by date, because then the newbies who become worthwhile posters would never be allowed to participate.i have to say i've been camping out in different areas of the site because of the garbage posted in general since the charter announcement. i'd love to have a vets only forum.

Also, anyone with 4000 posts should spend more time working on their poker game, and less posting about how great a poker game they have.
multi-tasking, it's not like we're talking quantam physics here.
it HAS to be by post count and not by date, because then the newbies who become worthwhile posters would never be allowed to participate.
You could have it by date as long as it was a moving time frame.Say that you have to be a member for a full year AND have X numberof posts to gain entry, or something like that.
it HAS to be by post count and not by date, because then the newbies who become worthwhile posters would never be allowed to participate.
You could have it by date as long as it was a moving time frame.Say that you have to be a member for a full year AND have X numberof posts to gain entry, or something like that.
not many people have been here for a full year. make it 6 months like i said a few pages ago. 6 months or 1000 posts, whichever comes first. that should be the entry requirements.just make this forum and see how it goes
this part of your post makes you an idiot, and should make everyone disregard your opinion.

Why would anyone else care if veterans got their own place to post? It sounds like a reasonable idea to me. When you have been a member of this site for a long time, you see the same questions and items pop up in the different forums, and after a while, you would like to take a break from that. I say at least give it a try, and if it's unsuccessful, oh well. Those members who have taken their own time to try to help others improve their game should be rewarded in some way, should they not? And I will just tag along....

I didn't read much of this thread, but I did see steve7stud mention me on the first page. He knows how I love to be noticed.No need for a veterens forum. This place is fine the way it is. It is voluntary, if you don't like it, avoid it. I like it, even the useless threads. Just avoid them.

Why would anyone else care if veterans got their own place to post? It sounds like a reasonable idea to me. When you have been a member of this site for a long time, you see the same questions and items pop up in the different forums, and after a while, you would like to take a break from that. I say at least give it a try, and if it's unsuccessful, oh well. Those members who have taken their own time to try to help others improve their game should be rewarded in some way, should they not? And I will just tag along....
Exactly. The forum has become so redundant that having a place where there isnt so much useles material could be helpful to veterans. If anything it will help with the learning curve for less experienced posters on this site.

get a life.thank you for allowing me to read them- the same way I've been reading them all the while.sorry- I forgot the average age is 19 with the posters living with their parents.How can a FCPer go on knowing they can read but not respond when they see the pros (1000 plus posts) according to this site- anyting above 1000 posts youre pros/losers.please make it possible when the people with over 1000 posts post their user names and you see they are bigger goats than the learkers."I have 3000 posts- I place 20% of the time in tournies and I deposit 3 times a month.""I do have a secret place I can barf my letters on so I'm great"Good job veterans

When this forum first started and we had a handful of posters, it was exciting to see someone new. There were lots of "welcome aboard" threads and there was this exciting feeling that we all discovered something new. It was a warm friendly place even though many of us disagreed with each other. As people came in who consisder themselves veterans, I still think of them as being new. People who are top posters who joined in March, April, May... I see them post about Newbies and I think to myself that this is strange because they are new to me. It is all perspective. I average 3-4 post a day. I consisder that a lot of posting. For others, they post 3-4 times in 10 minutes. It doesn't mean I read less of the forum than they do, it is just I do not respond to that many threads.Anyway, my point is, let's just start getting back into the original spirit of this forum and welcome everyone. I have been here a year and I know I have made some really stupid post. I am sure most of us has at one time or another. What makes this such a great forum is that we have all sorts of poker players on here. We have people who are just starting to get into the game to seasoned professionals. I think this is cool. I miss the time when I thought Jack Two was a great hand because there was a jack and hey, it's a face card. We were all there at one time or another. For some of us, it may be so long ago that you really do not remember, but we all started somewhere at the beginning. So, my vote is no seperation but I am a realist, and I know that my ideals are not shared by all. However, if I can sway you to be nice to the new ones, than that is great. OK... see why I do not post much. I tend to get long winded. :club:
Well said lass . . well said. :clap:
I'd like to address a recurring implication on this thread. A majority of posters with more than 1000 posts did not get there by incessantly engaging in flame wars. Perhaps some did. However, most of my strategy brethren and I did not.double, just as newbie-bashing can be uncalled for, your continued defamation of "veterans" is out of line.As for the topic at hand, I didn't vote. I understand both arguments, but I don't think it's anything to get bent out of shape over either way.(Yes, I'm extremely late to the party. I generally confine myself to the strategy section.)P.S. Holy crap...20% of double's total posts are in this thread.
:eh: a lot of veterans got here by flame wars and how bout that guy that all of his posts are "bump" or a one or two word post. dude gimme a break.
dude, you are wrong, and you really need to chill out. I got a ton of my posts in both strat and OT. Have I flamed people, you bet, but I know that cobalt is completely correct in saying that there are many who have a fair amount of posts that have little to do with flames. People just look at the flames and think that of a person. IN the thread where people were campaigning for me to be a mod, someone made an off the cuff remark that another poster should make 6K condescending posts. He was obviously referring to the fact that I can be very condescending. what he failed to ignore that a small fraction of my posts are flames, and that I have spent a ton of time in the strat forum. Just because someone has a big post count doesn't mean that they have spent most of their time here flaming
I'd like to address a recurring implication on this thread. A majority of posters with more than 1000 posts did not get there by incessantly engaging in flame wars. Perhaps some did. However, most of my strategy brethren and I did not.double, just as newbie-bashing can be uncalled for, your continued defamation of "veterans" is out of line.As for the topic at hand, I didn't vote. I understand both arguments, but I don't think it's anything to get bent out of shape over either way.(Yes, I'm extremely late to the party. I generally confine myself to the strategy section.)P.S. Holy crap...20% of double's total posts are in this thread.
:eh: a lot of veterans got here by flame wars and how bout that guy that all of his posts are "bump" or a one or two word post. dude gimme a break.
dude, you are wrong, and you really need to chill out. I got a ton of my posts in both strat and OT. Have I flamed people, you bet, but I know that cobalt is completely correct in saying that there are many who have a fair amount of posts that have little to do with flames. People just look at the flames and think that of a person. IN the thread where people were campaigning for me to be a mod, someone made an off the cuff remark that another poster should make 6K condescending posts. He was obviously referring to the fact that I can be very condescending. what he failed to ignore that a small fraction of my posts are flames, and that I have spent a ton of time in the strat forum. Just because someone has a big post count doesn't mean that they have spent most of their time here flaming
KDawg is telling the truth here - just go back and look at his posts, especially in strat.
ok you need to chill out.