the top 10 reasons not to go pro.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The intent of this column is not to dissuade everyone who aspires to be a professional poker player from becoming one. However, with the recent influx of new players, especially the younger ones, more and more players seem to be contemplating a professional poker career. I think a lot of these new players who are aspiring to be pros have not carefully weighed the advantages and disadvantages of making poker a career, to pursuing a more traditional job. So, without further delay, here are my top 10 reasons not to go pro, and I hope I make David Letterman proud, although my list is serious in nature. Also, please note that the reasons are not listed in any particular order of importance, as I view all of them to be extremely important and worthy of very serious consideration by anyone thinking of becoming a pro poker player.
hey you're right, he didn't try to claim it as his own.
I just like to let everyone know. There is nothing wrong. Yes, of course, I did copy and post it here. I see nothing wrong. I find it very interesting every time I read it. I learn something new.
Are you kidding me? You see nothing wrong? Are you an idiot?How can you possibly think that poker players (of all people) won't call your bluff on this. You obviously intend to make it look as if it's your article.Should be banned for this. What a moron.
I did not get the feeling he was trying to pass it off as his own. Quit bitching.
I agree with the quote above. anyways, it's pretty sad that the mods/admin are trying to clean up the boards but yet people were flaming the OP really really bad when he didn't really do anything wrong.just look at the quote below:
give them credit you low-life ****tard retarded piece of amphibian shit, times two billion
I did not get the feeling he was trying to pass it off as his own. Quit bitching.
I agree with the quote above. anyways, it's pretty sad that the mods/admin are trying to clean up the boards but yet people were flaming the OP really really bad when he didn't really do anything wrong.just look at the quote below:
give them credit you low-life censored retarded piece of amphibian censored, times two billion
I see you're quoting again. good for you. Glad to have you back at 100%.

Although many of you may be intelligent poker players, a lot of you are not smart people in general. If you couldn't figure out that this wasn't the poster's article without seeing it on Cardplayer, you are stupid. If you saw it on Cardplayer, gasped, and felt like you needed to return to FCP to inform everyone of this horrendous academic crime, you are stupid. If you felt the need to tell the poster that he was wrong for not citing his source in proper bibliographic form, stupid. As I have not read the article, the original post was interesting to me and nearly every single post after that was absolutely useless, as is this one. I'm just tired of seeing so many unintelligent responses to every thread. Thanks for wasting my time.