what is the orgin of this saying

It came from the 2004 Tournament of Champions, the $2 million freeroll after the WSOP that Annie Duke won.Someone went all-in in front of DN and he had some hand like 8h,5h. As he was contemplating calling or not, he said, "but they're soooooted." He eventually threw the hand away.

Someone went all-in in front of DN and he had some hand like 8h,5h. As he was contemplating calling or not, he said, "but they're soooooted." He eventually threw the hand away.That's like saying the word "but" came from Daniel because he said on that date.It's a longtime expression on poker forums.

where did "but it sooooooooooted" come from
Its been around forever. First time I remember hearing it was about 10yr an old asian guy use to say it all the time, but I am sure it was around before that.
It came from the 2004 Tournament of Champions, the $2 million freeroll after the WSOP that Annie Duke won.Someone went all-in in front of DN and he had some hand like 8h,5h.  As he was contemplating calling or not, he said, "but they're soooooted."  He eventually threw the hand away.
when i first read the first sentence, i thought you were implying that Annie Duke won the WSOP.

It has to be around for ever.....becasue I remember people using it at my home games years ago......K8 soooooted busts KQo...by sucking out...the standard line was "My hand was better...because it was sooooooooted!"

I'd really like to know who said "donkey" first and when it first hit the big time... seems like it hit the tipping point last year and then went crazy when Phil used it in an online chat (donkeys always draw) and Paul popularized it even more. Otherwise, I will give Mike Matusow props for expandingits usage.Eventually it will hit TV and then it's over.

where did "but it sooooooooooted" come from
when some guy loses a hand and is asked why he stayed in... seems a pretty natural thing for a donkey to say - like when they say "I had a feeling".I get feelings all the time... but my doctor told me not to talk about that. :club:
I'd really like to know who said "donkey" first and when it first hit the big time... seems like it hit the tipping point last year and then went crazy when Phil used it in an online chat (donkeys always draw) and Paul popularized it even more. Otherwise, I will give Mike Matusow props for expandingits usage.Eventually it will hit TV and then it's over.
there was a morning talk radio show i used to listen to on my way to school like 2 years ago and all the hosts would call people donkeys. thats where i first heard it.

daniel had 7 5 hearts too annie dukes KK and he had the odds to call.. hoping he was against AK. he said "i have a gus hand"... then thinks alittle long and goes.. "soooted" with a big smile on his face. It wasn't so much that he said it.. it was the way he said it.. it was funny....how does noone know this?

It came from the 2004 Tournament of Champions, the $2 million freeroll after the WSOP that Annie Duke won.Someone went all-in in front of DN and he had some hand like 8h,5h.  As he was contemplating calling or not, he said, "but they're soooooted."  He eventually threw the hand away.
he actually called and was quite dissappointed to see annie duke's KK
Guest XXEddie
daniel had 7 5 hearts too annie dukes KK and he had the odds to call.. hoping he was against AK.  he said "i have a gus hand"... then thinks  alittle long and goes.. "soooted" with a big smile on his face.    It wasn't so much that he said it.. it was the way he said it.. it was funny....how does noone know this?
DN did not creat this term, I saw the term used many a times before that eventTo agree with Smash; thats like saying he created the word "have"Saying something, and being the first to say something, are different

no no.. it's the way he said it... maybe.. sooted is used differently as well, but "soooooted" is the way i would write the way daniel said it. sooted's not really funny.. it's just a way of writing it.. maybe someone else did write it that way... but i use in the in way daniel said it at the tourney of champsi figured being on a daniel negreanu forum.. people would make reference to that.. i do.. and that's how i do

Thunder Keller wrote an article in Cardplayer awhile ago about the new vocab of poker, maybe it's in there, I can't remember.
Thunder Keller wrote an article in Cardplayer awhile ago about the new vocab of poker, maybe it's in there, I can't remember.
I was just rewatching the 'Stu Ungar Story', and they made reference to the donkeys that come to Vegas in 1980.
I was just rewatching the 'Stu Ungar Story', and they made reference to the donkeys that come to Vegas in 1980.
I wasn't saying that the word CAME from the article, I was saying that the origin might be IN the article. Thunder might say where the word came from.