how do you get tilt out of your system???

Daniel wrote an article about this a long time ago, he used to have "party day" where he played like crazy preflop. I was curious to see what some of the methods the FCP'ers have to deal with tilt?

I usually go nutbarring at a lower limit when I'm really running bad. Sometimes I'll step down a limit at a game I'm confident that I can crush just to get my confidence up again. I'll also play different forms of poker such as Stud, Omaha and etc or play tournaments instead of cash games. I find that just doing something different will usually get me outta my funk. Confidence is so important in this game and when your feeling unlucky, it's hard to be confident and playing your A game. My advice is to get away from the game you normally play and try something else. It'll actually give you a chance to work on your other games and have a nice change from playing your regular game.Nutbarring is just oh so much fun, what can I say, putting bad beats on other people and getting lucky is a great remedy for when you run bad. :club:

there are only two things that can be done.1)if i have nothing else to do, i just sit at the $5 max buyin nl game on stars and push virtually every hand for about half an hour. the important part is to needle the people whom you suck out on about their play. this definitely let's you forget about the actualy money you lost and the bad beats you took for virtually no money.2) go out with your friends or hang out with your girlfriend. drinking, smoking and joking around all do wonders. if it's daytime, play some sports or go for a run or something else like that.

I usually just take a break and go flying. Nothing clears my mind more than being up in the air flying around southern california. Sometimes poker can be so exhausting that you just need that thing to unwind. Also like to spend time with my wife going on picnics, out to dinner, out for a drink... you know, normal husband and wife things. After all that, I'm usually feeling much better and can get back to work. Good luck!

I don't understand why bad beats would tilt any good player (including Hellmuth).If it's a bad beat, you make money on the bet in the long run. Your results (if you're a winning rather than lucky player) show that month to month.If I *want* someone to call, and he does, and then he sucks out, well, I'm not exactly thrilled, but I don't care either. I got what I wanted (my $ in with the best of it). Those bad beats are what keeps bad players coming back.And maybe I won't get my stack back from that particular player on that night, but there are thousands just like him that will give it back to me and more later.The plays that get me steaming are the ones where I misread my opponent and make the wrong call - either by not betting when I'm stronger or calling when I'm not strong enough and don't have the odds. But those don't tilt me, they make me focus all that much more.Playing last night, I lost two stacks to two-outers. I was still up for the night and I'm certainly way up for the month. Bad beats can and must happen or Poker just isn't Poker. Relish them knowing that you are the better player and you'll win over the longer haul.Of course, if you'd prefer to go on tilt, please make sure you buy in to my table before you start! :club:

I just take some time off like I am doing now. I can't seem to win a pot online, so I am taking a week off of online poker to clear my thoughts. I have played a couple of bar freerolls and played my homegame, but no online poker for a week. It has helped. I think I am almost ready to return. I don't know if it was tilt or burnout or variance, but tilt I know set in after my 4th losing session in a row. It was time for a break.

Guest Anonymous
Daniel wrote an article about this a long time ago, he used to have "party day" where he played like crazy preflop.  I was curious to see what some of the methods the FCP'ers have to deal with tilt?
Flame someone on a message board.Especially if they have a spongebob avatar.J.ackass. (sw)