I am playing 1/2 on UB, UTG raises in 6 handed and I call with AQ in big blind.Flop comes 772, I bet, get raised and then 3-bet. He just calls here.The turn brings a 2, I bet he calls. The river brings a 9.I bet but I am pretty sure he has me beat, I type in "A7" and press enter.He folds and shows QQ.Is this horrible or is it a great play?

did your conscience get a little "ping" when he muckedNo worries and that won't happen very often. Many players would have raised you after seeing your chat. Since when did UB start allowing a fold/show option. It's been a while since I played there.

am i reading this right? the guy folded because you said you had A7?
I think that's what he's saying. And, it's pretty much bluffing...which is part of the game.
worst fold ever...
No. Folding 3 tens on national television to a small bet is still the worst.
hahawell, it was a scary board though. 4 to the straight already. i dont remember what he was gettin laid, but it could be a tough decision. anyway, just playin devil's advocate.
worst fold ever...
hahawell, it was a scary board though. 4 to the straight already. i dont remember what he was gettin laid, but it could be a tough decision. anyway, just playin devil's advocate.
Wasn't the board AKTx?
worst fold ever...
Wasn't the board AKTx?
I believe so. I'm pretty sure the only possible straight was Q-J.Or maybe the board was AJTx and the only possible straight was K-Q. I actually think it was the latter.

It's P o k e r not tell the truth. I hope you have ethics in real life but poker is based on the unknown. I even feel limiting ppls ability to speak is bad for Poker. Just my lame 2 cents. As far as believing A7 goes. Thats up to you. Isn't that wonderful.

worst fold ever...
Wasn't the board AKTx?
no, it was AKTJxhellmuth folded to a bet on the river, with a four-card straight on the board.
worst fold ever...
Wasn't the board AKTx?
no, it was AKTJxhellmuth folded to a bet on the river, with a four-card straight on the board.
Ah, I get it now. You guys are talking about two different hands. Most of us weren't referring to the Hellmuth heads-up hand.
worst fold ever...
Wasn't the board AKTx?
Ah, I get it now. You guys are talking about two different hands. Most of us weren't referring to the Hellmuth heads-up hand.
oh ok...which hand are you guys talkin about then? the only time i remember someone folding three 10s in a televised event was the hellmuth one.
worst fold ever...
Wasn't the board AKTx?
oh ok...which hand are you guys talkin about then? the only time i remember someone folding three 10s in a televised event was the hellmuth one.
I forget his name, but he was in the hand with the Dragon and some other opponent who bet the flush draw after it went check check to him on the turn. Board was A-J-X-10, the possible straight being if someone held K-Q.

He folded the set because the Dragon raised big preflop and then checked the flop. Most of the time he is going to come out betting the flop and but the check on the flop led the guy to believe he was slowplaying a flopped set when he came out betting again.Yes he folded 3 tens but I think his read was that he was up against a higher set. Just saying "OMG HE FOLDED TRIPS" without really looking at the hand is just stupid. There was action preflop and suddenly everyone slowed down on the flop, and fired back up again. He made a read that he was behind and went with it, leave the guy alone.

I use chat to my advantage any time I can. It's the same in live games. I am a really friendly outgoing person, and I've actually used it so that people won't call me (when I bluff), or won't raise me, or won't get full value out of their large hands out of me because I chat them up. Poker is a natural game of hustling, and psychology will win you extra percentage on your wins if you can harness it correctly.I'm crazy on the button sometimes, especially short stacked. If there's 3 or 4 limpers and I feel it appropriate I'll raise all in with anything pretty much anything to steal the bets on the table (I'll also pull this with very nice hands like AA or AK sometimes). It really depends on the table read.Anyhow, the other day I do this with the power house that is 10 3 os (while on the button). Dude in UTG+2 says "wanna race?" I say, "It wouldn't be a race." After taking some time he folds. I mean, COME ON! That was actually STUPID of me to even say that. If I really had a dominating hand, why would I say "it wouldn't be a race?" I'd just keep my mouth shut, or say "sure," or whatever would be a better way to do it if I had that strong of a hand. It should have been obvious to him, but he folded anyway, and so did everyone else. I went on to take second from a horrendous short stack.