good or bad call on the flop

Hand Start. Seat 1 : haunt has $2.16 Seat 2 : JustFishin3 has $9.24 Seat 3 : themack has $1.95 Seat 4 : dazzy-d has $4.97 Seat 5 : bubsqueak has $1.50 Seat 7 : Siddie has $13.25 Seat 8 : bpimp1181 has $1.96 Seat 9 : Lohse has $5 dazzy-d is the dealer. bubsqueak posted small blind. Siddie posted big blind. Game [60010] started with 8 players. Dealing Hole Cards. Seat 2 : JustFishin3 has Ad 9s bpimp1181 folded. Lohse folded. haunt folded. JustFishin3 called $0.10 themack folded. dazzy-d folded. bubsqueak called $0.05 Siddie raised $0.20 JustFishin3 called $0.20 bubsqueak folded. Dealing flop. Board cards [Td Ah Qd] Siddie bet $0.40 JustFishin3 called $0.40 Dealing turn. Board cards [Td Ah Qd 9d] Siddie bet $1 JustFishin3 called $1 Dealing river. Board cards [Td Ah Qd 9d 7d] Siddie bet $2 JustFishin3 called $2 and raised $5.54 and is All-in Siddie called $5.54 Did i play this good or should i have folded the flop or turn, i feel i had good reasons to call the turn, possibly even raise the turn, but im more weary of my flop call, thinking since he raise PF, he might have me outkicked, or could have flopped a straight KJ or something to the like. Please, feedback would be great.

I wish y'all would either use the converter or at least make these more readable.Fold preflop. Then fold to the raise PF.Flop... meh, I don't really think it matters too much. The bet is small enough where a call could be justified, hoping to make the four flush on the turn. You've got OK implied odds, considering he may have a lower diamond, or have difficulty getting away from his Ace, and you can make up some bets I think when you hit. But I think it's close.Turn, I guess I'd raise to at least 2. Your plan here is to either milk the hand for more cash when you hit your card, or see a cheap showdown in the event he has a better two pair.

now, why do you guys suggest folding preflop, and to the preflop raise, the players at this level will raise with hands like J10, even QJ, for some reason i think this wasn't necessarily a good or bad call, because if i hit my Ace, i feel my kicker could be good, and if it isn't i can always fold.

now, why do you guys suggest folding preflop, and to the preflop raise, the players at this level will raise with hands like J10, even QJ, for some reason i think this wasn't necessarily a good or bad call, because if i hit my Ace, i feel my kicker could be good, and if it isn't i can always fold.
Because A9o is a weak, easily dominated hand. If you hit your ace you still can't be sure your kicker is good. So if you want your poker career to last any real length of time - you will fold crappy hands like this pre-flop.The exception of course is if you are Chris Ferguson and know how to play this hand. :club:

Yea, but at this level i can honestly say unless they raise alot, (.50 or more) im not folding this hand at these tables, its so likely that they can be raising with any Ace, yes, normally i don't play weak hands to raises but i honestly feel like i didn't play this wrong, People are wild at this level.

now, why do you guys suggest folding preflop, and to the preflop raise, the players at this level will raise with hands like J10, even QJ,They will even play A9o.Just cause people at this level suck doesnt mean you should to.

im not trying to sound like an ass, but i feel my preflop hand selection is fine. Im just asking the question of do you think my call on the flop is good, is it justified, stuff like that, i feel preflop i did nothing wrong.

im not trying to sound like an ass, but i feel my preflop hand selection is fine.  Im just asking the question of do you think my call on the flop is good, is it justified, stuff like that, i feel preflop i did nothing wrong.
I don't get it. If you think your preflop was justified, how did the flop do anything to damage that assumption? If you thought ace-hi was going to be best before the flop enough to warrant a call, what suddenly changed? If someone's raising with KJ, he's betting when he makes a pair. Right? Also, don't fucking just copy the handhistory. Use a converter, or convert by hand, or I'll find you and kill you.Ice
Preflop's fine.  Fold the flop.  Fold the turn.  Fold the river.
Whoa! This flies in the face of Smasharooist NL strategy. :shock: If everyone's playing any Ace. Than yeah I could see playing this for a raise. I'd rather just fold, or give away my first born son, than just call if that was the case. Under normal circumstances it's an easy fold.Then, after I raised and was called. Like Iceman said; since we thought that ace would be good to begin with we could prob. go for a raise. Which to me is about even with fold, and then calling coming in a distant third.After this, the turn becomes inconsequential because the other streets were played drastically different.

Agree with Smash, you don't have to fold pre-flop in this situation. But, you need to be more aggressive here if you're going to play a crappy Ace. You should re-raise pre-flop to find out where you're at. If he comes back over the top, you are probably done with the hand unless you flop two pair or four to a nut flush plus a pair.If he calls your rr and then he checks to you on the flop, you can bet strong. If he calls you here, then you are, again, probably done with the hand.If he calls your rr and then leads out on the flop, you should dump your hand in the muck.None of the aforementioned is hard and fast, it all depends on the situation. I don't like playing A-6 thru A-9 off unless I'm on the b or the c, but if you're going to play it, play it aggressive and wave off if it's going to be a hard landing.M

The way i see it, you can limp with mostly anything preflop with deep stacks at those limits (or more specifically, the players at those limits) provided that you aren't going to call large bets with A/9 when the flop comes out like that.Any hand that you'll get action from there has you crushed.

As I said earlier, I think the flop decision may be close. I think with the pair of Aces and the BD nut flush draw it's worth one BB (or basically the equivalent thereof) to see the turn. Considering you are playing a weak Ace to begin with, what kind of flop were you hoping for? A-9-9? An Ace and two undercards to your 9?I suppose the argument can be made that deep stack poker changes Smash's theorum a bit to allow you to play these speculative hands preflop. In general, I tend to stick with a strict interpretation of playing suited Aces for the flush, pushing Aces and K's, and limping with pocket pairs to hit your set. I see absolutely nothing -EV about folding this hand preflop. Unless you are a solid post-flop player, I think you save a lot more bets by folding preflop more often than you gain bets by playing them.Finally, for Smash to say to fold the turn (where we have 4 outs to the full boat and 9 to the nut flush) and river (am I mistaken or doesn't the OP have the nut flush there???) simply seems absolutely insane.

Preflop's fine.Fold the flop. Fold the turn.Fold the river.
listen to this man.
uhhhh.I thought you were being Sarcastic Smash...since OP was not accepting the preflop advice...and it does not go with yuor Strategy...and OP may have likely paid off a better hand..hence the genesis of the strategy..PUSH EDGES when u have them...it was A9 off after all.and no, I don't want to play u HU. :club: