censored gas prices.....

I know that this belongs in off-topic, but I need to vent a little. I live in Ontario, Canada. I went to get some Petro today and ****ing lost my mind when I saw the price, $1.05/Litre. Are u ****ing kidding me?? What a joke!! I guess it's not long until only the rich are able to drive. I mean I live on my own, with the ever-escalating prices i don't know how much longer I will be able to drive. Driving is a neccessity for me to be able to get to work, without my car I have no job. To put into perspective I drive a 89 Grand Marquis 5.0. This car is a ****ing beast on gas. I know people will say buy a different car, but the car is absolutley flawless, not a thing wrong mechanically or comestically. I guess I'm just a little pissed off right now.......I blame the corrupt government that I am surrounded by........I am also interested in wondering what others are paying because I have heard it is higher in different areas....The world is a ****ing farce...thank god I can get my release by playing some poker...Any thoughts???Garnes

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the equivalent of $3.97 (canadian) dolalrs per gallon. I know the exchange rate is something like .64, so it would be about $2.54 cents a gallon. Prety standard here in the states.Yes, it sucks how it's increasing, and the worst part is it'll probably never go below $2 again. The oil companies know that the longer it stays high the less bitching people will do about it, so when the time comes that they can actually lower the price they won't go as far as they can.

That's the equivalent of $3.97 (canadian) dolalrs per gallon. I know the exchange rate is something like .64, so it would be about $2.54 cents a gallon. Prety standard here in the states.Yes, it sucks how it's increasing, and the worst part is it'll probably never go below $2 again. The oil companies know that the longer it stays high the less censored people will do about it, so when the time comes that they can actually lower the price they won't go as far as they can.
Your dollar isnt quite that mighty anymore, exchange rate is at .82 right now. But anywyas its hovering around 1.01 here in London. Pretty damn ridiculous. I'm a student so we get a free bus pass though, and with these outrageous prices, I'm using it.
That's the equivalent of $3.97 (canadian) dolalrs per gallon. I know the exchange rate is something like .64, so it would be about $2.54 cents a gallon. Prety standard here in the states.
the exchange rate is 0.8241 so its actually 3.2731, yeah im in regina and its 1.05/liter jumped 12 cents in two days.
That's the equivalent of $3.97 (canadian) dolalrs per gallon. I know the exchange rate is something like .64, so it would be about $2.54 cents a gallon. Prety standard here in the states.
Your dollar isnt quite that mighty anymore, exchange rate is at .82 right now.
Sorry, I haven't been to Canada for a few years, so I was going by the rate it was when I was there last. Just remember it because the blackjack tables were all $15, which I remember equated to about $10 US.

Brace youselves kids, this is going to get MUCH worse before it gets better. Windsor actually has the cheapest gas prices in Ontario (and close to the best in Canada), but it's going to hit $1.20/l by Christmas. It's going to hit a point where commuting half an hour to and from work will take a sizeable % of the money you make that day. Essentially, driving is going to become very much -EV in the near future.

it's not the price that drives me nuts the most (although the price is awful), it's the rate that the gas goes up.i filled my tank up for 2.26/gal on friday morning...coming home from work tues morning, gas at the same station was 2.57. 31 cents in 4 days?!?

To support President Bush and our troop, I am willing to pay up to $5/gallon. So shut the hell up libbies!
can i bill you for any amount of gas i have to pay over the 1.20ish it was when he entered office?