i saw daniel at the bellagio today...its was cool

Yep it is pretty cool to see Daniel up close. He's a great guy as well as a great player. As we all know he is very kind to his fans. I lucked out . I was in Vegas in December during the tournament and hung out for a little while.. I happened to catch him as he got up for a break. Let me tell you it was nuts. He was immediately surrounded by people and television cameras . But the really cool thing is he still took a second out to take a picture with me . SWEEET!!

I missed my chance to say hello to Daniel. My wife and I were wandering around the poker room at the Plaza one night and we saw Daniel and Evelyn just sitting at a table reading a newspaper. They were waiting to tape some stuff for the poker at the Plaza series. I didn't want to be a "fan" and stutter something stupid about how good he was or something like that. This was in Oct, before this site opened up, and I got a bit more of an insight as to what kind of a person he is to his fans. If I ever get a chance to say hello to him again I will definatley take it.

Oh my god... Oh my God... you saw Daniel...really sooooooooo coollolYou people act like teenagers ooooing over a Rock star. He is just another good card player, and I bet he put his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of you.What is the facination. If you got to play at his table in a tourney you would probably wet your pants.People are so funny.

"He is just another good card player, and I bet he put his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of you. What is the facination. If you got to play at his table in a tourney you would probably wet your pants. People are so funny."Michael Jordan puts his pants on one leg at a time too, but I would be excited to meet him.

Oh my god... Oh my God... you saw Daniel...really sooooooooo coollolYou people act like teenagers ooooing over a Rock star.  He is just another good card player, and I bet he put his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of you.What is the facination.    If you got to play at his table in a tourney you would probably wet your pants.People are so funny.
nothing wrong about being excited to meet someone...I've never been star struck, but I would like to meet a few people as well...you ask big stars, and they get excited to meet other stars they idolize...Why are there people who always have to knock other people down?, and can't just let it be...your probably the same person who at a table with bad players...you tell them how bad they are...they get up and leave, and you make no money again :wink:
Oh my god... Oh my God... you saw Daniel...really sooooooooo coollolYou people act like teenagers ooooing over a Rock star.  He is just another good card player, and I bet he put his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of you.What is the facination.    If you got to play at his table in a tourney you would probably wet your pants.People are so funny.
Oh come on. You mean to tell me there aren't some people in the world that you wouldn't be awestruck if you met them?You can't argue that TV does something to people's psyche. You see someone on TV doing something that you love and being successful at it, of course you'll be excited to meet them.There are people like this for everyone. Whether it be Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretsky, Tiger Woods, Robert DeNiro, the Dali Lama, Doyle Brunson, etc. I'd be willing to bet there is at least one person that you would OOOoooOOoo over.

These is a difference between meeting someone, sitting down with them, and discussing topics, and those who ogle at Daniel on the rail.I have sat and played with all the top players in the big tournies for a while, so I am far from awestruck to be around them. Geez they are just card players. When I win the BIG ONE this year, I do not expect everyone to hound me and would be agitated a bit if they do.As those those I would "like" to meet and chat with:President George W. BushJohn MaddenKirk GibsonJack NicklausTiger WoodsHolly BerryCameron Diaz

President George W. BushJohn MaddenKirk GibsonJack NicklausTiger WoodsHolly BerryCameron Diaz
You're telling me you just want to "chat" with hally berry and cameron diaz? Tell the truth man. You'd like to do more than "chat".And if you know all the top players, good for you. Most of us don't. So don't look down on someone that is excited to see these people.

Vegas King, King of Vegas whatever, Lets see you are browsing the "stars" blog. You see the heading and take time to read the post. Then you take time to respond how uneventful it was. Hmmm.... interesting

If I ever meet any 'poker celebrity' I swear I'm gonna post on here as soon as possible -- I might even buy a lap top from somewhere in vegas, just so I can post on here. That way I can upset this Vegas King character who thinks people who are excited to meet people they look up to are stupid. I wouldn't urinate myself if I met Daniel, but I'd probably be an idiot and ask for his autograph on impulse (why do people get celebrities autographs? It's a strange concept when you think about it).Why? Because I look up to some people and it excites me to be able to talk face to face with someone that I look up to, be it professionally or personally.

I think it is perspective. I have in mine time know and hung out with a lot of guys that some people would just loose it they would think it is the most awesome thing in the world, but at the time and place in my life it was normal it was the people around me when I was doing the things I enjoyed. These are people that do what we like at a very high level a level I am sure we all would like to attain. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being excited at the prospect of seeing them and possibly getting to chat with them. My only warning would be they are normal people who have ups and downs good days and bad days and schedules or demands on them. Enjoy what time they can give you and tread lightly at times. You can tell if things aren't going well and they just need space. Treat them as normal people. You wouldn't stop a guy in line at the bank and force him to talk to you forever. You would maybe say hello make some small talk while the two of you are in line and move on. Use this advice and maybe you will get to caddie for the lama and get eternal enlightenment.

shana hiatt= wet dream
That is the second comment like that you have posted on this thread.Grow up man, I mean I think Shana Hiatt is beautiful and all but I am not gonna say 13 year old stuff like "I'd tap that," or "I'd so DO her."Show a little respect man.
how close can you actually even get to the high roller room in the bellagio, can you even tell you is playing in there or do you just hang around and hope you see somebody famous?
The Bellagio poker room is not that big - about 30 tables. The high limit area is just a few feet above the rest of the floor. If you're playing a regular game, you can be as close as 2 tables away from the biggest game.
how close can you actually even get to the high roller room in the bellagio, can you even tell you is playing in there or do you just hang around and hope you see somebody famous?
The Bellagio poker room is not that big - about 30 tables. The high limit area is just a few feet above the rest of the floor. If you're playing a regular game, you can be as close as 2 tables away from the biggest game.
Sometimes if the high-lmit area is full and they want to start another game, they'll use that table that is right in front of the cage. I was there once saw them playing a 1000/2000 mixed game with Ivey, Hanson, Scotty, and some others. It was cool because when I was ready to leave for the night, there was a line at the cage to cash out so I was standing right next to the table waiting in line. I was so entranced by it the guy in back of me had to nudge my shoulder to tell me it was my turn at the window.