royal tour remembers when

For my fellow Canadians.....I miss putting on a parka, ski pants, toque, hood up on the parka, scarf wrapped around your forehead and then your face so that only a slit was there for your eyes, 2 pairs of socks in your snowboots, 2 pairs of mitts...walking out like the Michelin Man and playing outside ALL day long.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm a bit of a youngin... so here's what i rememberfirst time playing n64... and not knowing how to hold the controllerthe pokemon crazetrl's beginningsthe boyband/brittney spears crazejamiroquai...... the video where he is on a conveyor beltfighting remote control robots that smokedwaking up at 5 in the morning to play a rented video game before anyone else could get to it.....nickelodeon had kickass shows (all that, ren and stimpy, rockos modern life) and the SNICK friday night line-up....will smith was the bomb.....the transformers tv show with the animals instead of machines (cheeotor)jelly roll penswhen email was new and funthose are just a few memories of growing up in the late 90's and early 2000's
growing up in the early 2000's??? what are u 7?lol.. j/k bud
no im 17, but this stuff all happened around 5th grade or before. most of the stuff after that revolved around girls, school, and now mostly poker

Saturday morning Little League "allstars" , and getting free drinks at the end of the game and asking for a " suicide " ( mix of every type of soda they had for those who don't know ) and making sure that they didn't put diet in it.now all I drink is diet.........sighplaying wall ball or some call it burn ballwhere the biggest stress in your life was a science project due the next day.playing tackle football with all my friends when we were 9-12 in my backyard and nobody had to worry about getting hurt.wearing socks up to just below the knees with 2 color stripes around them and thinking it was cool.pencil fightingriding bikes to get everywhereboardwalk and baseball ( old theme park in Orlando )mask ( kinda like G I Joes figures but not ) great cartoon alsowiffle ballhaving 2 1/2 months off in the summer

Starting the all weekend drinkathon Friday afternoon after class, or better yet, starting the all weekend drunkeness Thursday night and sleeping through class on Friday. Those were the days, too bad reality had to set in eventually, with all of its work days and responsibilities.

• 1 year later...
An ounce of nuggets costed $200.
Dunno where you get your nuggets, bud, but that's today's retail for us in Canada.I remember when nugz were $60...Also...The CD section in the record store was two small sections.Cassettes were still the portable choiceBlack Sabbath was grunge and Kurt Cobain was still getting beat up in schoolA 2 month Eurail pass was $400Sid Meier's Pirates! was an immersive experienceAir Warrior was the big RPGElectronic drums ruled the airwaves

Damn this took forever to read through, good stuff though.•When Warcraft (original) was by far the most advanced strategy game you could buy for the computer. The AI was great for the time, and it got really hard and really interesting when all of a sudden you had to deal with a computer that would attack more than one way. And when those damn Warlocks did the Unholy Armor, ugh...•When slap bracelts were super-sweet until my middle school banned them for being cool• MC Hammer requests at the skate rink• Road trips in the station wagon (ugh)•Getting to the airport 1.5 hours early and having plenty of time to sit around after check-in•not caring about eating "well"