How many of you have homegames on a regular bases? I have had a home game a week now for the past year or so. And at the end of the month I try (not always succesful) try to have a bigger stakes game. They are 9/10 NL texas, sometimes we play limit, once omaha. Usually its just 8-10 friends playing 20-30 buy in winner takes all. But my month end is fun, i get ppl from all over the city playing in it..i limit the number of ppl aloud to play as 18 two tables (all i got haha) make it 100 buy in. usually i get around 10-14 people playing in it. lots of cancelations cause of work scheduals up here. If we have 10-15 play I usually make it 1000 for 1st and 500 for second, or anywhere around there depending on the amount of the prize pool. It gets pretty fun. Anyways does anyone else have home games here at FCP? Let us in on some of the stories, or how you play em.Dan

How many of you have homegames on a regular bases? I have had a home game a week now for the past year or so. And at the end of the month I try (not always succesful) try to have a bigger stakes game. They are 9/10 NL texas, sometimes we play limit, once omaha.     Usually its just 8-10 friends playing 20-30 buy in winner takes all. But my month end is fun, i get ppl from all over the city playing in it..i limit the number of ppl aloud to play as 18 two tables (all i got haha) make it 100 buy in. usually i get around 10-14 people playing in it. lots of cancelations cause of work scheduals up here.    If we have 10-15 play I usually make it 1000 for 1st and 500 for second, or anywhere around there depending on the amount of the prize pool. It gets pretty fun.      Anyways does anyone else have home games here at FCP? Let us in on some of the stories, or how you play em.Dan
Tournament style...40 buy in 20 rebuy top three pay.

Game every Tue night. 8-14 people with a $10+$1 buy-in. Pay-out depends on how many play. The $1 goes into the pot for the top 6 in points to play the "final table." It's played every 4 months with the top 2 paying out.Stories? They suck but I can never win. Always take 2-4.

every tuesday night, 20 buy-in tourney. No re-buys. 14-18 people. top 3 pays.I the 5 weeks I've attended I have 1 first, 2 seconds, and 1 third. Not bad for someone who only really started playing in April.

7-10 we play dealers choice but no wild card gamesMostly HE, one player like Omaha, I deal 7 card once in a while as do a few others. We play .50/1 limit with 3 raises (4 bets per round) Buy in is $20 and only 1 rebuys is allowed, so the worst you can do is drop $40. At 10:00 we have our $10 NL tourney - usually pays 30/20/10 or 40/20/10(one player will not play NL) About half the time lately, after its down to 2 or 3, the players left will make a deal and we'll start another one. Nice social game.

Tournament style...40 buy in 20 rebuy top three pay.You realize that structure leads to it being correct to move in with 2-7 UTG if you hven't rebought yet, right?Buffalo stampeed!Who came up with that idea, half priced rebuys. Gay.

I play in a bi-weekly Thursday game, and a bi-weekly Sunday Game.Thursday game is $30 buy-in/10 players - top 3 get paid. Every once and awhile we have a 20 player game where its a $50 buy-in, and for this year we want to hold a 40-man tourney twice. The last one we got 34 players, and was a good time until my queens full got busted by kings full on the river when the case king fell.In my Sunday game, $30 - buyin, $20 rebuy for the first hour. $20 from every game goes into a "Player of the Season award". Top 4 earn player points with Top 3 actually getting paid each week. Season lasts 10 games with the "Player of the Season" receiving an extra $200. Usually get about 10-15 players for this game. A lot more action in my SUnday game. The thursday game is full of a lot of REALLY tight players, which tends to slow down play.If anyone in the King of Prussia Area around Philly ever wants in we always have plenty of room. Just PM me.

Poker league starts this thursday with 11 players. No Limit HE. $55 the first week, with $25 buy-ins the following weeks with $5 of that going to pool for the final tourney. A point system will be implemented with most points having most chips at final tourney. Looking forward to it. And I just refurbished my 8 man table and will be running games soon, I hope.

Tournament style...40 buy in 20 rebuy top three pay.You realize that structure leads to it being correct to move in with 2-7 UTG if you hven't rebought yet, right?Buffalo stampeed!Who came up with that idea, half priced rebuys. Gay.
It's easier then saying it is a $60 game. And listen...you just change gears and u get through it.

8 person dealers choice with wild card games and all sorts of other nonsense...(follow the queen, screw your neighbor....all the good stuff)Why do we play this nonsense you ask?All 8 players are pretty damn good....6 winning players and 2 newbies who are both quite smart and are catching on much too fast.All 8 play more than enough serious poker. This is a chance to drink, chill, bust chops and have fun with cards. we can go to AC if we want to play serious games.

Too serious about poker to play in a home game. Hate playingwith friends. Too emotional and I dont have fun playing w/o monetary incentive and dont want to take money from friends anyway
This is why we play low stakes, wild card games as our friendly home game. Everyone knows its mostly luck involved with these games so no one every feels bad. Most of the players in our group play for at least semi-serious stakes (I play 5/10 and NLHE 200 and PLO 200 with a suitable bankroll on empire and I play for chump change compared to 4 guys in the group).We all just bring 100 bucks for couple nights a month and it is good stuff. You should try it.

i have one myself most thursdays, another group does one on sundays, and there's a monthly one that's a bit higher stakes. most all of the ones i go to pay out to 1/4 of the field on a flatter structure like most bigger tourneys do. i like it better this way. i strongly dislike winner take all tournaments--it definitely leaves the window open for luck to beat out skill from week to week. why should the 6th best player get all the money if he sucks out 2-3x in one 20-player tournament?

8 person dealers choice with wild card games and all sorts of other nonsense...(follow the queen, screw your neighbor....all the good stuff)
wow i havent played those kinda games in awhile. ah, the memories of having 5 aces, haha.
8 person dealers choice with wild card games and all sorts of other nonsense...(follow the queen, screw your neighbor....all the good stuff)
wow i havent played those kinda games in awhile. ah, the memories of having 5 aces, haha.
It really is quite a bit of clean fun!Actually, we bastardize poker further with the wild card games by saying its your full poker hand that counts; (i.e.----we were playing baseball last week and I won a pot with 6 of a kind nines defeating 5 Kings)There is nothing quite like seeing your opponent go "Ha! 5 aces biatch!"and then you go...."Oh really....well I have 7 Queens. Take a suckkkaaaa that!"

I have monthly home games, around 30 people, we are thinking of increasing to 40. We play variations of these 1)$100 freezeout, 10K in chips. 2) $50 buy in 5K chips and you get $10 bounty for each person you knock out, $20 rebuys for 2K in chips and $40 addon for 5K chips. if anyone is interested in joining, we play in Northridge, (Los Angeles area. )We usually collect an additional $10 per person for food, drinks, snacks etc..

Actually, we bastardize poker further with the wild card games by saying its your full poker hand that counts; (i.e.----we were playing baseball last week and I won a pot with 6 of a kind nines defeating 5 Kings)There is nothing quite like seeing your opponent go "Ha! 5 aces biatch!"and then you go...."Oh really....well I have 7 Queens. Take a suckkkaaaa that!"
how did you get six 9's in baseball? last i remembered 9's were wild (at least in our game - 3's and 9's wild)but damn...six and seven of a kind? that's wild. in our game, if five aces ran into five aces, the most "most natural" hand won (five aces with 2 wilds beats five aces with 4 wilds).
Actually, we bastardize poker further with the wild card games by saying its your full poker hand that counts; (i.e.----we were playing baseball last week and I won a pot with 6 of a kind nines defeating 5 Kings)There is nothing quite like seeing your opponent go "Ha! 5 aces biatch!"and then you go...."Oh really....well I have 7 Queens. Take a suckkkaaaa that!"
how did you get six 9's in baseball? last i remembered 9's were wild (at least in our game - 3's and 9's wild)but damn...six and seven of a kind? that's wild. in our game, if five aces ran into five aces, the most "most natural" hand won (five aces with 2 wilds beats five aces with 4 wilds).
sorry six of kind 8s. writing posts at work....brain no function good.