dandruff is calling out stars, lol

I don't think it's rigged on purpose or anything....But other than that, he's right on. Try playing at lots of sites, and you will see the difference between the RNG at Stars and everywhere else. Hence why I don't play there anymore. The man has a point.
umm.... yeah
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's rigged on purpose or anything....But other than that, he's right on. Try playing at lots of sites, and you will see the difference between the RNG at Stars and everywhere else. Hence why I don't play there anymore. The man has a point.
Are you seriously joining the tinfoil hat brigade?
Unless I'm mistaken, there are a few sucessful players on here who feel the same way.
I've said before. I don't think it's rigged, and I don't think they do it on purpose for any gain or anything like that. That's what he is saying over there, my stance is different in that sense. And it's not only included in the 100/200 games and up type of thing.But on that note... the RNG over there isn't right, it has some major issues and all you need to do is play there awhile, then play somewhere else and go back to stars for a bit, you will notice. I know there are a few people who agree with me on this from this forum. Smart, level headed people. I know PogueMahone has told me he agrees (and he wins the n.o. all the time), and I believe I saw Zimmer make a comment on the same situation.If that makes me tinfoil hat worthy, then ok, but it's not because I took a couple bad beats over there, and it's not just from my own personal experiences, it's from watching others as well. Trust me, the shit is fucked up over there!
I had to do it! Nobody would step up to the plate! So I let Druff and the rest of NWP in on the FCP secret:Posted on NWP forum under the 100/200 rigged debate:Guys i hate to tell you this, but at FCP, we have known online poker to be rigged for some time now. Its an easy fix. While I didnt invent this I have to thank my fellow FCPr's for helping me out on this one. Go here: www.tinfoilhats.com If you wear this hat, you will be safe from online bad beats. I dont need to get into the science of it, just know it works. Glad I could help.
Are the hats now going to come with the new FCP logo on them????
But on that note... the RNG over there isn't right' date=' it has some major issues and all you need to do is play there awhile' date=' then play somewhere else and go back to stars for a bit, you will notice. I know there are a few people who agree with me on this from this forum. Smart, level headed people. I know PogueMahone has told me he agrees (and he wins the n.o. all the time), and I believe I saw Zimmer make a comment on the same situation.[/quote'']I dont know if there is anything wrong or not but I played about 1k 2/4 hands and had some wierd ass swings.. Its like I was going on 10 hand rushes, cooling down and then going on 20 minute downswings were I would get the worst beats. This happend about 3 times, it was wierd to say the least. At one point I got AA in two tables and KK in one at the same time, one table I flopped a set and one dude caught a str8 on the other one the dude hit a set and w/ the ks the flop came A and I lost. not that this is impossible or rigged, but my experience in stars was not a happy one and contributed to my swolen hand and fcked up elbow from punching the wall.I dont think Ill be playing cash there any time soon at least.
get some evidence before you keep making these claims all over the place. i have played extensivly at stars and other sites and i have no idea what you are talking about. you went to the site, went on a losing streak, and now you want to explain it somehow.
But on that note... the RNG over there isn't right' date=' it has some major issues and all you need to do is play there awhile' date=' then play somewhere else and go back to stars for a bit, you will notice. I know there are a few people who agree with me on this from this forum. Smart, level headed people. I know PogueMahone has told me he agrees (and he wins the n.o. all the time), and I believe I saw Zimmer make a comment on the same situation.[/quote'']I dont know if there is anything wrong or not but I played about 1k 2/4 hands and had some wierd ass swings.. Its like I was going on 10 hand rushes, cooling down and then going on 20 minute downswings were I would get the worst beats. This happend about 3 times, it was wierd to say the least. At one point I got AA in two tables and KK in one at the same time, one table I flopped a set and one dude caught a str8 on the other one the dude hit a set and w/ the ks the flop came A and I lost. not that this is impossible or rigged, but my experience in stars was not a happy one and contributed to my swolen hand and fcked up elbow from punching the wall.I dont think Ill be playing cash there any time soon at least.
are you serious? that can happen anywhere. i repeat, that kind of stuff has happened to me at other sites. 1000 hands isnt enough to judge anything.
I had to do it! Nobody would step up to the plate! So I let Druff and the rest of NWP in on the FCP secret:Posted on NWP forum under the 100/200 rigged debate:Guys i hate to tell you this, but at FCP, we have known online poker to be rigged for some time now. Its an easy fix. While I didnt invent this I have to thank my fellow FCPr's for helping me out on this one. Go here: www.tinfoilhats.com If you wear this hat, you will be safe from online bad beats. I dont need to get into the science of it, just know it works. Glad I could help.
Are the hats now going to come with the new FCP logo on them????
Actually yes... This is the new line coming out in the fall.fcp2.jpg
get some evidence before you keep making these claims all over the place. i have played extensivly at stars and other sites and i have no idea what you are talking about. you went to the site, went on a losing streak, and now you want to explain it somehow.
I guess seeing it for myself repeatedly isn't evidence, but that's fine. I play on lots of other sites that run just fine, so I will stick to those. Oh, and just so you know, I didn't go on any losing streak... I have lots a lot more on other sites, but it's not about how much I win or lose, it's how it happens along the way. Big difference at stars compared to anywhere else. In fact, the most I've lost was at PokerRoom, but I am not saying anything about that site other than the games are hard to beat.
I've said before. I don't think it's rigged, and I don't think they do it on purpose for any gain or anything like that. That's what he is saying over there, my stance is different in that sense. And it's not only included in the 100/200 games and up type of thing.But on that note... the RNG over there isn't right, it has some major issues and all you need to do is play there awhile, then play somewhere else and go back to stars for a bit, you will notice. I know there are a few people who agree with me on this from this forum. Smart, level headed people. I know PogueMahone has told me he agrees (and he wins the n.o. all the time), and I believe I saw Zimmer make a comment on the same situation.If that makes me tinfoil hat worthy, then ok, but it's not because I took a couple bad beats over there, and it's not just from my own personal experiences, it's from watching others as well. Trust me, the shit is fucked up over there!
I trust you, but can you give me any examples?Side note - I've had horrible luck at PStars. I've never won there. So, this interests me.
I trust you, but can you give me any examples?Side note - I've had horrible luck at PStars. I've never won there. So, this interests me.
I can't think of specific hands at the moment, but in the last Negreanu Open that I played in... I'd say 9/10 of the preflop all-ins went something like this. Most times the underdog won. AJ vs QJ Flop A59....10.....K. Just things like that. Or if the favorite does actually win, it's like... AA vs KK. Flop, K29...Q...A.I had AQ against AQ and there was running hearts to put 4 on the board. I had Qh and he had Ah. Although that happens once in awhile everywhere. But it's just the consistency of the things that happen. You can literally call cards out and they will come, because you just pick the craziest card possible and there it is on the river.
I trust Party Poker's RNG far more then Pstars even and I'm not a fan of Party. I played on Pstars for 6 months, nearly every day and I will not play there for financial gain anymore, period. That place is funky, funky, funky. I just haven't experienced the swings at all on any other site that I experienced on Pstars.I'm not telling anyone to not play there, so proof is not needed. I'm just saying, I won't play there as my source of poker income. It's a reputable site and there are boatloads of really great players playing on there who are doing just fine. I'll just say, the RNG doesn't suit me, no pun intended.I'll play wherever the fck I want and do not need to offer proof of anything to make my choices.Do I think Pstars is rigged? Hell no!Dan Druff's claims on the other hand are comical. Is it possible that the claims he makes are valid? Yes. Is it in anyway probable? Of course not.

I had a friend watch a few hands for his first ever online experience and my first hand, AA busted by a set of jacks, then I win the next 3 with KK, 99, and 77 which I hit a set. Overall I have won on stars since joining last week to check out the FCP thing. On the other hand, I suck at party this week.

Hmm, I thought I was the only one. I definately don't think it is rigged but I have had more weird hands there than any other sites and it just gives me an uneasy feeling. I have played at 8-9 different sites but PStars is the only one I felt something was wacky.

I can't think of specific hands at the moment, but in the last Negreanu Open that I played in... I'd say 9/10 of the preflop all-ins went something like this. Most times the underdog won. AJ vs QJ Flop A59....10.....K. Just things like that. Or if the favorite does actually win, it's like... AA vs KK. Flop, K29...Q...A.I had AQ against AQ and there was running hearts to put 4 on the board. I had Qh and he had Ah. Although that happens once in awhile everywhere. But it's just the consistency of the things that happen. You can literally call cards out and they will come, because you just pick the craziest card possible and there it is on the river.
so a QJ beats a AJ all in preflop and there is something wrong with stars? runner runner flushes, come on those happen a lot. ive had sessions at party poker that were full of those types of things.
3) Telling me that I don't understand variance is a joke. I have admitted many times that a fair share of luck was involved in my tournament success this year. At no point did I say that I expected this to be the "norm", or anywhere close. Only a moron or major egotist would expect such continued odds-defying success. Furthermore, being a full-time cash game player, I certainly have plenty of experience with variance. I had my worst 6 weeks ever this spring, and on Pokerstars itself (thankfully not anywhere else) I've had an astoundingly frustrating year in the 100-200 game, to the point where I have wondered how far real variance can actually go on one site. (I see that's another thread of mine from NWP that has carried over here.).
True story, I did see him up against a friend of mine in a hand, when my friend had 4c3c, board was AsKs3s (something like that, I'm half-botching this story) and I believe Druff had the flush, and my friend hit runner runner 4 -3 for a monster pot.RIGGED

I had a feeling that this thread would probably make it over here.For those of you mocking my questioning of Stars on neverwinpoker, I would like to suggest a remedial reading comprehension course.At no point did I say that I was certain Stars was rigged. In fact, I drew no actual conclusions regarding the fairness of the game there.I posted a factual account of what has been happening to me there recently. I posted a few sample bad-beats. Some of these beats weren't the world's worst bad beat stories, but when you combine all eight of them into a short session -- and when you see this nearly every time you play -- you start to wonder.I'm not an "internet poker newbie" who just started playing last year and subsequently stumbled into a bracelet. I was actually started playing in live rooms about 5 years ago, moved primarily to the internet, and have played so much there that I have racked up about 1.5 million hands played total. Nobody is more aware than I am of bad runs, variance, and startlingly bad luck over a protracted period of time.Still, try putting yourself in my shoes. You're playing poker full time, almost exclusively limit hold 'em cash games. You play live, and while you have your share of bad luck there, you also have your share of good luck, and you are beating the game. You play at many online sites. At all places but one, you have your "how-can-this-be-happening" run of horrible cards, but you also have your "I-can-do-no-wrong" runs on the positive side, and you are beating the game. Then you notice there's one site where it's different. Month after month, you keep having those "bad days" where you always are either getting bad beat or on the losing end of great-second-best situations. You try to chalk it up to variance, but it seems like nearly every time you play it's one of those "bad variance days", while the good days don't seem to come. When you do well, it's very moderate and short-lived. This goes on for months and months, and contradicts your results everywhere else. At some point, after enough hands and months pass, wouldn't you start to wonder? I mean, at least a little?

To Suited Up:What you're saying makes no sense. Either it's purposely rigged, or the RNG is fine. If the RNG was messed up, it would be incredibly easy to detect because all you would have to do was keep track of your starting hands.

here are some facts about pokerstars rng for you. not just bad beat stories.http://www.pokerstars.com/rng_audit.html
One of the first things I read on a site.It still means very little to me. I have completely different results on stars than I do on any other site. I've been playing online for 2 years and 4 months.I'm happy for you Don, I wish you continued success on stars.
I had a feeling that this thread would probably make it over here.For those of you mocking my questioning of Stars on neverwinpoker, I would like to suggest a remedial reading comprehension course.At no point did I say that I was certain Stars was rigged.  In fact, I drew no actual conclusions regarding the fairness of the game there.I posted a factual account of what has been happening to me there recently.  I posted a few sample bad-beats.  Some of these beats weren't the world's worst bad beat stories, but when you combine all eight of them into a short session -- and when you see this nearly every time you play -- you start to wonder.I'm not an "internet poker newbie" who just started playing last year and subsequently stumbled into a bracelet.  I was actually started playing in live rooms about 5 years ago, moved primarily to the internet, and have played so much there that I have racked up about 1.5 million hands played total.  Nobody is more aware than I am of bad runs, variance, and startlingly bad luck over a protracted period of time.Still, try putting yourself in my shoes.  You're playing poker full time, almost exclusively limit hold 'em cash games.  You play live, and while you have your share of bad luck there, you also have your share of good luck, and you are beating the game.  You play at many online sites.  At all places but one, you have your "how-can-this-be-happening" run of horrible cards, but you also have your "I-can-do-no-wrong" runs on the positive side, and you are beating the game.  Then you notice there's one site where it's different.  Month after month, you keep having those "bad days" where you always are either getting bad beat or on the losing end of great-second-best situations.  You try to chalk it up to variance, but it seems like nearly every time you play it's one of those "bad variance days", while the good days don't seem to come.  When you do well, it's very moderate and short-lived.  This goes on for months and months, and contradicts your results everywhere else.  At some point, after enough hands and months pass, wouldn't you start to wonder?  I mean, at least a little?
Really the only things I disagree with you on this issue are:1. That it only happens at the 100/200 LHE game2. That somehow Pstars controls it happening