please everyone what do you think of this fold!!!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

might be good for you but its not good to me for all my money, i'm a better player then that.
if this is true, then tell us what flop you would be comfortable with.based on how you've described your play, i believe the only flops you would have played are if you flopped the nut flush, nut straight w/o flush draw, or a boat or better.now considering the odds of that are probably 1% or less, why did you call PF without 100-1 pot odds?

Even if he was holding 10Js doesn't mean you were beaten...sure he had a lot of outs but last time i checked it took 5 cards to make a straight or a flush...

Guest Anonymous

Bad Fold. Please don't turn into a donk. We have way too many on this site. Do you really want to end up like Alf13 or Smasharoo?

its practically the same as allin he will call if i move in and if i dont he will move in on the turn.  you are we tall did you dumb rockville yuppy.
If you're afraid to put all your money in as a favorite, stop playing no-limit.
yeah i'd take being a three to one dog against doyle cause thats my best shot at his chips.but against a bad player i can find a spot were i'm a bigger favorite, or i can trap him when i have the nuts,  i didn't know the math stayed the same thanks. idiot.
ok, I still think this whole thing is a joke that I'm missing. I really can't see how you think this ok. I'm going to try this differently. I'm going to try to handle this seriously. let me hop into character for a minuteYou called, in a raised pot, with Q9 suited. That in and of itself was quite retarded. What are you hoping to catch there? You then hit nearly the best possible flop for you and you fold to a bet. Not a raise, but a bet. When you play garbage calls and hit the flop that hard you don't fold. Ever. end scene. I really could sum this up easier: your horrible. Sweet mother of god that was a terrible play. bad enough that I have some sort of wierd mental block about the whole thing and doubt that it actually happened. I seriously think there's a joke I'm missing somewhere there.
well i'm a dog against ten jack suited, a hand he could possibly make a small rasie with, or trips.also even if he just had a A4 of clubs i'm only a 2-1 favorite, for all my money...
So if someone wanted to flip a coin, but instead of paying you 1:1, they would pay you 2:1, you would say no? that's essentially what you did by folding, if you put him on a flush draw.

Hey offsuit, ofcourse, bad fold.Its all been said, im only replying because I think you've played at my table a couple times on stars, 100nl 6 max tables. (my stars name frankdawg18)Also at 1/2, that 30 something all in, wow, thats a shortstack, i would probably call that with Q2, silly short stacks.Edit: wow I horribly misread that... he had a deep stack, not all in.Anyway, just posting to see if that's on stars.

That's sad. No Balls = No Money. You can't think about money when you playing poker, you have to set that aside. Forget how much you are up or down and play your game. You made a bad fold there, where you could made a killing.

yeah it was a scared fold.  you know you could simply right bad fold, you dont have to write bad fold you f  ucking idiot.
that's what i wrote..but ur kinda still fighting the idea it was a bad fold.it just was. that simple.take it as a grain of salt and move on. not a big deal..who cares...just...it was a bad fold. can't really say much more.- Jordan

How would Q9 be a gold mine for you, if you fold it after you hit an ideal flop and a "maniac" bets into you?And I don't believe for a second that he had JT suited. He just wants you to keep folding to him. How does any part of his play make sense with that hand?

You know, I really pray this is a little joke. It's obvious it is either that, or you're way in over your head for the stakes, as I believe some have said. You just flopped top two pair. Unless you have the greatest read ever on the guy that screams he flopped top set, there is no way I don't push here. Sure, he could suck out if he has AA or even hit one of the many cards that would be great for him if he has J10suited, but if you're going to play Q9 in the first place, there is no flop, other than Q-Q-Q or 9-9-9 that I'm liking more than this.Go back to play money.

PokerStars Game #2189518818: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2005/07/26 - 01:26:28 (ET)Table 'Roberta III' Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: offsuitbluff ($392.80 in chips) Seat 2: jwm222 ($167.10 in chips) Seat 3: baybay1234 ($178.50 in chips) Seat 4: Rotor4340 ($17.45 in chips) Seat 5: rusd11 ($80 in chips) Seat 6: PeterMacKay ($273.20 in chips) Rotor4340: posts small blind $1rusd11: posts big blind $2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to offsuitbluff [9h Qh]PeterMacKay: raises $2 to $4offsuitbluff: calls $4jwm222: folds baybay1234: calls $4Rotor4340: folds rusd11: calls $2*** FLOP *** [9c Qc 4s]rusd11: checks PeterMacKay: bets $34offsuitbluff: folds baybay1234: folds rusd11: folds PeterMacKay collected $16.15 from potPeterMacKay: doesn't show hand offsuitbluff said, "fold quen nine there"heres the short story i call a small bet flop top two pair and then this maniac bets 34 right into me! and i fold?!?!?!?i really didnt think i had the best hand plus i'm not a big enough favorite against even a flush draw to basically risk all my chips.i started with 80 and i had 392, so i was also protecting my profits, the other thing is that a hand like ten jack suited had me beat.i also told myself i was gonna stay away from big pots, (i built it up slowly_ and especially play carefull around that maniac.please everyone what do you think of this fold!!!!!
WEAK TIGHT If your not willing to put your money in there stop playing poker.

wow you are a bad player. let me know when you are going to play again online, i would want to join you. hehehorrible fold.what a name for a weak player: offsuitbluffi think we have new LINGO boys, kind of like akaconditioner, but not as bad. neightHORRIBLE FOLD! what were you waiting for on the flop, a straight flush to hit you??? LOLteneight

it wasn't for ten bucks it was for 300' date=' plus i know i can chop at this game and make plenty.[/quoteif i'm a 2-1 favorite my whole stack will go in 100% of the time...if you're a winning player' date= the whole stack doesn't matter with a 2-1 edge...IMO[/quote']I'm by no means a great player, but I feel pretty good when I get a 3-2 edge, let alone 2-1. If flopping top 2 with q9 isn't good enough for you, why call a raise with it?
might be good for you but its not good to me for all my money, i'm a better player then that.
No, your not. It was a horrid fold- you hit your flop perfectly and then just decided not to play?????? That makes no sense. In my opinion your a dog to any hand BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO IDEA WTF YOU'RE DOING.
PokerStars Game #2189518818: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2005/07/26 - 01:26:28 (ET)Table 'Roberta III' Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: offsuitbluff ($392.80 in chips) Seat 2: jwm222 ($167.10 in chips) Seat 3: baybay1234 ($178.50 in chips) Seat 4: Rotor4340 ($17.45 in chips) Seat 5: rusd11 ($80 in chips) Seat 6: PeterMacKay ($273.20 in chips) Rotor4340: posts small blind $1rusd11: posts big blind $2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to offsuitbluff [9h Qh]PeterMacKay: raises $2 to $4offsuitbluff: calls $4jwm222: folds baybay1234: calls $4Rotor4340: folds rusd11: calls $2*** FLOP *** [9c Qc 4s]rusd11: checks PeterMacKay: bets $34offsuitbluff: folds baybay1234: folds rusd11: folds PeterMacKay collected $16.15 from potPeterMacKay: doesn't show hand offsuitbluff said, "fold quen nine there"heres the short story i call a small bet flop top two pair and then this maniac bets 34 right into me! and i fold?!?!?!?i really didnt think i had the best hand plus i'm not a big enough favorite against even a flush draw to basically risk all my chips.i started with 80 and i had 392, so i was also protecting my profits, the other thing is that a hand like ten jack suited had me beat.i also told myself i was gonna stay away from big pots, (i built it up slowly_ and especially play carefull around that maniac.please everyone what do you think of this fold!!!!!
I finally get the post! Everyone here is a moron.. Original Poster meant for this as an "April Fools Jokes" HAH HAH.. thats funny.. you got us gOoOOoD!!! I think what confused everyone was that it was two months late.. or wayyy too many months early
How would Q9 be a gold mine for you, if you fold it after you hit an ideal flop and a "maniac" bets into you?And I don't believe for a second that he had JT suited. He just wants you to keep folding to him. How does any part of his play make sense with that hand?
In the words of Mike Sexton, "BINGO BONGO BOONGO!!!"Once you hit that kind of flop, you have to play it out. It seems like you had position on him here, so there are many ways of playing it. I would have reraised to make it 70 total and see what he did.Any regular flush draw, even an Ace High would probably just call here. This would be the same case with an off suit J-10. If that was the case I would bet in the range of 75-90 on the turn had he checked in front of me. A large bet from him on the turn could mean a few things, considering he is a 'maniac':1. He is making committing himself to the pot with a draw. 2. He wanted to take a 'wait and see' approach with a big hand like aces He wanted to see if a straight or flush card hit before he put his money in.I am assuming if he had aces or kings he would have reraised all in on the flop. Same thing with a set. if you wanted to play it safe, you could have just called the small bet on the flop, then made a large bet if a blank fell.All in all, Since I would have to watch him to get a solid assessment on how he plays, I can't tell you if he had you beat. The only hand you should have been worried about there was Q-Q. You most likely had him beat and made a very WEAK fold. Live and learn.

Not only did you fold top two pair, but then you told him that you folded top two pair. You should get a neon sign that says donkey and bring it to live games....