who is your favorite poker player and why????

One of my favorite poker players is Freddy Deeb ( the shirt of course SW ) - actually when he was at foxwoods for the WPT event this past year he was having breakfast at the same place i was, he was one table over and he talked to me for like 35 mins before his breakfast arrived, he talked about everything from poker strag., gambling lifestyle, and his TV appearances ( i asked about the hand where DN bluffed him off his AK hand when they were heads up at the Plaza, and he was very honest about it. ) the guy was great.....Amir Vahedi was another nice guy who took time out and talked about what it is to be a Professional Poker player.....Advise i will never forget.....

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with MtH. Deeb seems like a pretty cool customer who doesn't get much love. The shirt is awesome, I'd wear it even if Phil Ivey wouldn't.

• 1 month later...
if the most entertaining play to watch play and he is also pretty good at poker and he is like a genius to plus he was on the old wpt commercials lol
Interesting choice. I've played quite a few live sessions with Phil Laak. His personality on TV is nothing like his personality in real life. He's a super nice guy, and I think he's a good player. But in a live game, he never goes into all the crazy antics.
I like Phil Laak because he is the most handsome.I also like Greg Raymer becasue he is such a nice guy.Also Daniel Negreanu because he seems so happy all the time even when he loses a hand. How can you not like a guy like that.Lisa

Barry Greenstein. Plays in the major tournaments and does well. Plays in the biggest cash game and does well. Doesn't get caught up in all the tournament hype, just plays poker, is one of the best players and isn't afraid to say so. Alot of people don't like him stating so matter-of-factly that he is the better than everyone else, but he constantly backs it up. I like this about him, he stirs people up and then shuts them up by backing it up. Also, his charitable donations are great as well, further proving his greatness, in that he doesn't need to support his bankroll or his wealth with any tournament winnings....

Hey guys, not sure if this specific question has been asked before. But I am curious. You can only pick one. Picking who should be easy, the why is a bit more difficult.
Tough question.....I love Layne Flacks style and table demeanor....I admire Phil Ivey's skill.....But believe it or not...I kinda have started admiring Barry Greenstein.....the guy has everything he has from poker....he had a run of the mill 9 to 5....and parlayed his skill into tons of money....his drawback is that he is arrogant...but you can't argue with his skill.I also enjoy listening to him talk about poker...I actually feel as if I am actually learning something while listening to him.As for Daniel....he and Matusow would be the poker players that I would enjoy hanging out with....Daniel because he is such a nice guy and Matusow because he is a nutcase.

John Juanda, because he is the best pre-flop player in the world, can smell weakness, can put opponents on a hand, and crunches the numbers in his sleep.I also like Ted Forrest because he loves the action and plays for the money. Anyone who can sit against the best for 72 hours (and send them off in a stretcher) has my respect. But mostly, I just feel sorry for him having no clue that he has the biggest mullet I've ever seen.

Some gossip to start it off:Annie Duke is dating Shannon Elizabeth's ex husband, he's an actor named Joe (something) and now Shannon is dating Esfendiari. Isn't that wierd?My favorites are Doyle Brunson and Barry.After reading Barry's book, I just grew to like him more and more. He's a weird robot of a guy most of the time, and is definitely arrogant, but he just seems to get it. I think he really understands the important things in life, and is willing to call things like he's sees them without getting emotional about it. I can just imagine people get pissed off with him and him just shrugging his shoulders thinking to himself "that's the way I see it" he's pure intelligence and confidence, his aggressiveness doesn't come from personality but from logical thinking. I also like Ted Forrest for this very reason, because he's so tricky. I would hate to be at a table with those two.Then there's Doyle, man what a class act. A a ****ing brilliant poker player. Could you imagine Doyle playing in this era, during his prime? he would be the Michael Jordan, or Tiger Woods of the game. I loved what he did to Fischman in 2004, I could watch that over and over again.

Some gossip to start it off:Annie Duke is dating Shannon Elizabeth's ex husband, he's an actor named Joe (something) and now Shannon is dating Esfendiari. Isn't that wierd?My favorites are Doyle Brunson and Barry.After reading Barry's book, I just grew to like him more and more. He's a weird robot of a guy most of the time, and is definitely arrogant, but he just seems to get it. I think he really understands the important things in life, and is willing to call things like he's sees them without getting emotional about it. I can just imagine people get censored off with him and him just shrugging his shoulders thinking to himself "that's the way I see it" he's pure intelligence and confidence, his aggressiveness doesn't come from personality but from logical thinking. I also like Ted Forrest for this very reason, because he's so tricky. I would hate to be at a table with those two.Then there's Doyle, man what a class act. A a censored brilliant poker player. Could you imagine Doyle playing in this era, during his prime? he would be the Michael Jordan, or Tiger Woods of the game. I loved what he did to Fischman in 2004, I could watch that over and over again.
seems like 1.4 got the better end of that deal...

Maybe, but they are both better couples...I've played with Shannon and she's a moron. And she's not mind blowingly hot in person, good looking sure, but in LA she's a dime a dozen.....hence the reason why she doesn't act that much.I wonder if the 1.4 crew have a nickname for her.Silicone Pie?"Dumb as rocks (and rings)"