are nice guys really bad at poker?

Mike McD in "Rounders" says that the general rule is that the nicer the guy the worse the card player. He is right... kind of. I've got a friend who will check the nuts to me if he hits a belly buster or a set or just about anything else on the river because a the river is "bogus." Perhaps it is not necessarily the friendly character but the lack of killer instinct and the lack of "alligator blood" that makes friendly people appear so awful at poker. I mean, I've never met Mr. Negreanu, but he seems like a pretty cool guy. He would probably take every last nickle from me. Do you agree that it is not the friendly but the spineless who are bad at poker?

Mike McD in "Rounders" says that the general rule is that the nicer the guy the worse the card player. He is right... kind of. I've got a friend who will check the nuts to me if he hits a belly buster or a set or just about anything else on the river because a the river is "bogus." Perhaps it is not necessarily the friendly character but the lack of killer instinct and the lack of "alligator blood" that makes friendly people appear so awful at poker. I mean, I've never met Mr. Negreanu, but he seems like a pretty cool guy. He would probably take every last nickle from me. Do you agree that it is not the friendly but the spineless who are bad at poker?
It is possible to be friendly and spineless at the same time. I had an issue with kindness for a while, but I decided that I would rather have the money and be friendly at the same time. I play with my best friends often and we all realize that we're after each others money. It's just a thing you have to deal with, no mercy, make friends later.
I am a pretty nice person and I have no problem at the poker table. The difficulty comes in when a nice person fails to separate the rest of their life from poker, or if they consider beating someone for all their money an unfriendly or mean thing to do.

I find the nice guy is harder to play. The mean guy is such a jerk, you can sit around, wait to you have the nuts and then bust him out.The nice guy on the other hand is harder to read and you get blind-sided when he makes a very crafty play.

I think the "nice guy" will feel bad for someone when they are getting killed. A hard core player knows to always attack someone if they are bad, and have no mercy. The spineless just go for the kill.

All my friends are ass-holes, and they suck at poker.Then again, I'm an ass-hole, and I'm 7 or 8 times as good as Phil Ivey.I guess it doesn't matter.
is it really you in the pictureif so then your a guitar playing asian guy thats something i see very rarely

I'm a very nice guy.But when it comes to chips in play at a poker table, I push myself harder than anyone I've ever known to learn the very most about poker so I can cut someone's heart out and chop it to pieces right there on the table.And then I walk away from their bleeding, eviscerated corpse and say nice hand, good game, same time next week?