worst beat of my life

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay this will make you feel better. So please no more censored whining.Hand #4697471-2755 at Flushing (No Limit Hold'em)Powered by UltimateBetStarted at 05/Mar/05 01:44:47 BergerMeister is at seat 0 with $3450.50. TheGiftOfGab is at seat 1 with $11400. 62Offsuit is at seat 2 with $5335. dadgumit is at seat 3 with $4975. RiverPuller is at seat 4 with $2723.50. Medicinal is at seat 5 with $4800. TRIPAS2003 is at seat 8 with $2632. The button is at seat 3. RiverPuller posts the small blind of $25. Medicinal posts the big blind of $50. BergerMeister: -- -- TheGiftOfGab: -- -- 62Offsuit: -- -- dadgumit: -- -- RiverPuller: Kc 9c Medicinal: -- -- TRIPAS2003: -- --Pre-flop: TRIPAS2003 folds. BergerMeister raises to $175. TheGiftOfGab folds. 62Offsuit folds. dadgumit folds. RiverPuller calls. Medicinal calls. Flop (board: 7s Qc 5c): RiverPuller checks. Medicinal checks. BergerMeister checks. Turn (board: 7s Qc 5c Ac): RiverPuller checks. Medicinal checks. BergerMeister bets $350. RiverPuller raises to $700. Medicinal re-raises to $2975. BergerMeister goes all-in for $3275.50. RiverPuller goes all-in for $2548.50. Medicinal calls. River (board: 7s Qc 5c Ac 7h): (no action in this round) Showdown: BergerMeister shows 5s 5d. BergerMeister has 5s 5d 7s 5c 7h: full house, fives full of sevens. RiverPuller shows Kc 9c. RiverPuller has Kc 9c Qc 5c Ac: flush, ace high. Medicinal shows Qh Qs. Medicinal has Qh Qs 7s Qc 7h: full house, queens full of sevens. Happy there you go. likr 85% when the money was in for 10k or so pot.
Calling a $150 raise out of position with K9s? Okay. I'll just assume you had a good read on your opponent and thought he was bluffing.After that, not much you can do. You got your money in with the best hand. That's all you can ever hope to do.
Do you understand math? If the runner-runner flush does not come he would have invested 20 bucks to make 3,400! I will invest that amount everytime If I assume I can get way froma weak draw. The chance to flop a monster and bust one or two people in a multiway pot outweighs any disadvantage that playing 78 off might bring. Remember assuming you can get away from a weak draw how can you not play this hand for a measly 20 bucks. He didnt lose because he was playing 78 off. Same thing happens if he is playing a small pocket pair and flopped a set. He got unlucky.
Thanks for that lesson on implied odds. It seems like all anyone who plays NL has to do to justify any play they make is talk about implied odds. I will freely admit that implied odds is a huge factor in NLHE. But you can't justify "play any two cards and see what happens" just because of the "awesome power of Implied Odds." When people talk about implied odds, much of the time I hear this in the subtext of their learned discourse -- "Well, I made a weak or marginal call on the off chance that I could hit my hand bigtime and then bust some mofos. It's just so unfair that someone got luckier than I was planning to get by calling with my weakass hand pre-flop." No one is denying the mathmatical and strategic validity of implied odds -- but it's not a license to kill, 007.Now, once the flop came down, there is no question this was a pretty bad beat. I wouldn't argue with you there and have no issue with how he played post-flop. I just thought it was very loose pre-flop call. I'd say that the vast majority of the time you are not going to flop a monster, and some of the time you do, you are doing to get drawn out on. I just don't like the pre-flop call. More power to you if you do, Kenny Rogers -- you're the gambler.
Obviously you didn't understand the lesson. I repeated that if he played bad after the flop it would be a bad call preflop. He did not play bad and most players who use this style very effectively do not play bad. We are not talking about weak calls in limit H'em. I think you are mixing the games up. They are very different. You are thinking in terms of hand groupings, which has little relevance when talking about implied odds. BTW, I have never heard anyone but bad players say what you quoted above. WHats the difference if you flop a straight with 78 or flop a set w/ AA and have it run down, would you accuse the guy of playing AA of poor hand selection? The concept of implied odds doesn't have any relevance to preflop hand selection. We are talking in terms of made hands after the flop. You are thinking in terms of misplaying hands preflop, which is easy to do, but when you have multiway-action with the prospect of much more money going into the pot investing ten dollars to flop a monster and win a 1,000 + pot more than makes sense and you are misplaying the hand if you pass up this opportunity.

WORST BAD BEAT EVERworst beat ive handed outflop AKKi got j6, i go all in on a bluff, other guy has trip kingsOOPSturn q, river 10THATS A BAD BEAT...runner runner 2 perfect cards.yours was umm...bad..but not like OMG IM GOING TO DIE bad.....im guessing the amount of money pissed you off more.

Being hit by a runner runner flush is the worst beat of your life???? What, is this your second time playing poker ever??? Hell, I have taken worse beats than that playing Minesweeper, Solitare, and even a high-stakes game of War. Come back when you lose a hands with a low set of quads to a higher set of quads.Oh, and by the way, the true lesson here is....Play more seven card stud....a better and more sophisticated game...

Being hit by a runner runner flush is the worst beat of your life???? What, is this your second time playing poker ever??? Hell, I have taken worse beats than that playing Minesweeper, Solitare, and even a high-stakes game of War. Come back when you lose a hands with a low set of quads to a higher set of quads.Oh, and by the way, the true lesson here is....Play more seven card stud....a better and more sophisticated game...
I think he is referring to the amount of money involved in relation to the odds he would end up winning. Not just the latter. HE stated he just moved from 400 to 1000, thats significant.

you got pwned!!!also, why would you block out your screen name, and yet leave the other players screenname for us to see. Yes your opponant played bad and got lucky. But honestly i an glad you lost this hand considering the lack of class your post displays.gl in your future games.

ok i don't think there's anything wrong with78o in a 5-handed game
You are right...you don't think !! He played the 87 os into a raise. Next time you don't think...do us a favor and don't speak
Hey expert you are not quite as smart as you think you are. Many people limp in with these type hands because of the high implied odds in NL. THe art is getting away from the hand when facing a substantial raise. This 10 dollar raise was not substantial and in fact sweetened the implied odds. How is he gonna fold to a minimum raise? He flopped a monster and was set to drag a huge pot. HE got sucked out on. It wasnt a particularly bad beat, but he did not play it wrong at all.
i agree 100% lucky the name of the game in nl holdem is implied odds, and there is a risk of getting almost any hand sucked out on, no matter what you bet. i dont like calling a pf raise with this hand, but id like the play if he raised with it and the AQ called. he trapped the guy and got sucked out on, id say he prolly hasnt been playing all that long since he posted this here and on rgp. fish will call you, and sometimes they win, u just have to deal with it and move on, gl.
guys, it was 87o yes, but its a $5/$10 blind NL game and it is 6 max. The $10 is the size of the blind.You cant sit there waiting for AA or AK. Any 2 cards play and most of the times cards dont even matter. I was baiting this guy for an hour and i finally caught him , making him push with AQ.It's a differant game.
i can care less about the bad beat, but in 6 max 5/10 NLHE if you nut peddle you will get pushed around and will not maximize your potential winnings

I had a terrible beat last night on a Full Tilt SNG (I have had some really bad luck on there, lately.....I've lost like 8 SNG in a row after doing very well on them, and have lost about 90% of all of the races I have been into where I have been the favorite).UTG, 4 handed, with 2120 in chips, with the blinds at 60/120, I find A :club: A :D I limp, one fold, and one calls. Then there is a raise of 2x's the BB (to 480 to go) by the BB.I go all-in for my last 2000 (and have him covered, so if I win this hand, I'm in the money). One fold, he calls with J :D J :) I'm estatic, until the flop:J :D 4 :) J :) ouch.........poker can be a rough game sometimes.

Guest XXEddie
tough crowd aye? I got him to put in $1500 when he only was 17% to win the pot on the turn. I trapped him for all his money and he got lucky. I suck right? Cmon fellas, why don't you stop and think before you attack my post. No need for animosity.Incidently, he left the table with nothing. I just needed to vent a little before i broke him again.Make love not war guys! I hope you never recieve a beat like that, not the best feeling, but thats where we all make our money right? Off these clowns.Good luck to you all
why dont you stop and think BEFORE you decided to limp with 67o or whateevr crappy hand you had