best poker songs.....

I was wondering if any of you have a favorite poker song. Im not looking for favorite songs to listen to while playing poker, or while "Poking Her", but songs about poker. My personal favorite is "Loser" written by Jerry Garcia. I'm not a huge G Dead fan and have only heard one performance of this song by the Dead. I really like Cracker's version. the lyrics go like this:If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn,I could arm a town the size of abileneDon’t you push me baby,Cause I’m all alone and you know I’m only in it for the goldAll that I am asking for is ten gold dollarsAnd I could pay you back with one good handYou can look around about the wide world overAnd you’ll never find another honest man.Last fair deal in the country,Sweet suzie, last fair deal in the townPut your gold money where your love is baby,Before I let my deal go downDon’t you push me baby, cause I’m all aloneWell I know a little something you might never knowDon’t you touch our liquor, just a cup of cold coffeeI’m gonna wake up in the morning and goEverybody prayin’ and drinkin’ that wineI can tell the queen of diamonds by the way she shinesCome to papa on the inside straight,Well I got no chance of losin’ this timeLast fair deal in the country,Last fair deal in the townPut your gold money where your love is baby,Before I let my deal go downany other recommendations out there?

search.gif
thanks drum, I did a search on fullcontact before I posted this thread. No results found.Always a good idea though.

The Charlie Daniels Band Trudy lyricsCall up Trudy on the telephoneSend a letter in the mailTell her I'm hung up in DallasAnd they won't let me outta this jailAnd if she asks you how I'm fairingTell her I'm just about to lose my mindWorried about old Johnny Lee WalkerAnd the girl I left behindNow Johnny Lee Walker was a card mechanicHad a hand for trouble and a eye for cashLuckiest man in Dallas CountyHe had a gold watch chain and a black mustacheAnd he loved his whiskey and he loved his womenDrove a big long Cadillac limosineKept a big fine fancy townhouse in DallasAnd a hotel suite in New OrleansCarried a switchblade knife in his left hip pocketAnd a 44 hog leg up under his coatCut you down in a New York minuteIf he catch you cheating that was all she wroteSo call up Trudy on the telephoneSend her a letter in the mailTell her I'm hung up in DallasAnd they won't let me outta this jailIf she asks you how I'm fairingTell her I'm just about to lose my mindWorried about old Johnny Lee WalkerAnd the girl I left behindI just got to town last Friday eveningSure as hell didn't mean to stayI was on my way back to LouisianaHad a powerful thirst and six months payI met a peroxide blonde in a bar on D-villeI was flying high and feeling meanPoured down a bottle and a half of red eyeI dropped 35 dollars in the slot machineAnd the boys in the back was dealing 7 cardI set down and won me a 110I was raking in chips like Grant took RichmondTill big Johnny Lee come a strolling inHe ripped off the bar like a 707Pretty soon he done won all of my breadI accused him of cheating he reached for a pistolI grabbed a chair and went upside of his headThen I took off a running like a motorcycleHeard the bullets whining and sirens wailBut it took half the cops in Dallas CountyJust to put one coon *** boy in jailSo call up Trudy on the telephoneSend her a letter in the mailTell her I'm hung up in DallasAnd they won't let me outta this jailAnd if she asks you how I'm fairingTell her I'm just about to lose my mindWorried about old Johnny Lee WalkerAnd the girl I left behind

That song, "That was a Crazy Game of Poker"  is alright.  Can't remember the name of the band.  Something punctuated though.  Like R.E.M., except not them.
Good call..the band is O.A.R. which stands for of a revolution

Save the horse. I think that's like the WSOP theme song. Good poker songs? I think that's an oxymoron. Unless you like cheesey country songs.

Leonard Cohen - the Stranger Song It's true that all the men you knew were dealers who said they were through with dealing Every time you gave them shelter I know that kind of man It's hard to hold the hand of anyone who is reaching for the sky just to surrender, who is reaching for the sky just to surrender. And then sweeping up the jokers that he left behind you find he did not leave you very much not even laughter Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another He was just some Joseph looking for a manger He was just some Joseph looking for a manger And then leaning on your window sill he'll say one day you caused his will to weaken with your love and warmth and shelter And then taking from his wallet an old schedule of trains, he'll say I told you when I came I was a stranger I told you when I came I was a stranger. But now another stranger seems to want you to ignore his dreams as though they were the burden of some other O you've seen that man before his golden arm dispatching cards but now it's rusted from the elbows to the finger And he wants to trade the game he plays for shelter Yes he wants to trade the game he knows for shelter. Ah you hate to see another tired man lay down his hand like he was giving up the holy game of poker And while he talks his dreams to sleep you notice there's a highway that is curling up like smoke above his shoulder. It is curling just like smoke above his shoulder. You tell him to come in sit down but something makes you turn around The door is open you can't close your shelter You try the handle of the road It opens do not be afraid It's you my love, you who are the stranger It's you my love, you who are the stranger. Well, I've been waiting, I was sure we'd meet between the trains we're waiting for I think it's time to board another Please understand, I never had a secret chart to get me to the heart of this or any other matter When he talks like this you don't know what he's after When he speaks like this, you don't know what he's after. Let's meet tomorrow if you choose upon the shore, beneath the bridge that they are building on some endless river Then he leaves the platform for the sleeping car that's warm You realize, he's only advertising one more shelter And it comes to you, he never was a stranger And you say ok the bridge or someplace later. And then sweeping up the jokers that he left behind ... And leaning on your window sill ... I told you when I came I was a stranger.