i think a pro will win the big one......

Eventhough Gus is a great player I think his style of play is really to aggressive for this big of field and he will have to avoid getting bad beats when he has top pair and Donkeys are calling all ins with bottom pair.
There's something hilariously donkish about that.I think it has something to do with the example evelating a pro over beginners on account of the fact that they're all in with top pair, as opposed to bottom pair. At least in my experience, the vast majority of tournament chips are won early on by harvesting the equity of people who are willing to go all in with just top pair. But back on topic - "The Pro's" will not win. You can take my word for it. It's possible and probable that a few pro's will make the final table, but a significant percentage of the pay will be to no-namers.

"The Pro's" will not win. You can take my word for it. It's possible and probable that a few pro's will make the final table, but a significant percentage of the pay will be to no-namers."Well, if you see 3 pros at a 10 handed table, I'm not sure I follow that logic. Now all pros are different. But assuming that everyone had the same amount of chips. If I was to pick 3 pros vs, 7 uknown players. I would take a pro to finsih first and day of the week. I would even lay fairly healthy odds on that. But, there isn't much to debate. The whole thing is hypothetical.

on the opposite side of this thread .... how absolutly awful would it be if ted lawson won it... i would even be pissed if he made the final table....i guess ill even be pissed if he makes it past day 1

I'm trying to see the difference between the WSOP w/6,600 players and a small lottery-- and I can't. I'm taking the 25:1 at Bogog it's a no name.
1/25 WTF? You have to bet $100 to win $4. That is an asinine bet.Hell I'll give you 1/22 if you take the field and I get the list they present.Any takersWorst.Bet.Ever~sublime

most likely1. phil hellmuthed2. phil iveyed3. Chan4. eric seideled5. Tj cloutiersemi likely1. Gused2. Howard ledddered3. Dewy tomkoed4. Doyled5. Huck seeeded6. JesUs 7. lusked8. cunningman9. devilfished10. Gardner (julain varity)leatst likely 1. mizrachi2. men master 3. Amir vaheidied 4. freddy deebed5. Esfandiaried

Guest Anonymous

i'd say Hellmuth is the best holdem tourney player EVER.. he's still young and he already has 9 bracelets!! Imagine when he reaches Johnny Chan's age i'd say he wins at least 3 more bracelets. He's got a good shot to win.

Todd Or Doyle BrunsonJennifer HarmanDNPhil Hellmuthbut most of allI want T.J. to win it.... His final table record is impressive... and I'm sick of TV commentators saying.. The greatest tournament player not to win a bracelet

on the opposite side of this thread .... how absolutly awful would it be if ted lawson won it... i would even be censored if he made the final table. If he wins they'll probably change the rules so that you can make a straight with only 4 cards

Even though 6600 people are playing the main event. I think the pros have learned how to deal with a lot of the "newer" players. Here are my five pics to win the big one. In no particular order. Feel free to pick your five as well.Howard LedererGus HansenDaniel NegreanuPhil IveyJohnny Chan
Howard and Phil are still alive. I could be right.
Even though 6600 people are playing the main event. I think the pros have learned how to deal with a lot of the "newer" players. Here are my five pics to win the big one. In no particular order. Feel free to pick your five as well.Howard LedererGus HansenDaniel NegreanuPhil IveyJohnny Chan
Howard and Phil are still alive. I could be right.
What did Gus bust out on?

I think the pros have an advantage. Onliners don't play 7 hours straight let alone 7 days.