a jfarrell open-flop headsup at 30/60!!

Playing 30/60 at Pacific (where else) I just saw CAPCHA call a preflop raise from BB and when the flop came JT8 he OPENFOLDED  :shock:   :shock:  Is it JFarrell?
No - an Open-Farrell requires there to be more than 2 players in a hand in the hope that your aggressive folding will induce someone else to make a mistake

Doesn't that make the play even worse, if there is only one player left in the hand behind him? At least JFarrell's idea made some sense in a tournament scenario, this is just stupid.

Doesn't that make the play even worse, if there is only one player  left in the hand behind him? At least JFarrell's idea made some sense in a tournament scenario, this is just stupid.
If I could execute just a single human being in the history of the world, it would be Adolph Hitler.If I could execute just two (2) human beings in the history of the world, they would be Adolph Hitler and JFarrell.If I could execute just three (3) human beings in the history of the world, they would be Adolph Hitloer, JFarrell, and you.Icegamel[/b]
awe, sounds like someone hasnt had their morning enema yet, have they?
Only the first, then Margera fell ill."Only a single enema today? How's a man to function!"Ice

It embarasses me but one of my friends pulls the openfarrel ALL the time. He is constantly folding hands that are checked to him if he did not connect with the board because he says it helps him built his "tight player image." He also insists on buying in for $10 in a 25NL game and 25 in a 50NL game so he can "get action without risking too much money." I would also like to mention that both the 25NL and 50NL games are well out of his BR.

Guys, jfarrel is touching on something that has merit. Lets simply it... but ommiting the folding in turn part:Calling a preflop raise with a marginal hand. It puts more money in a pot. Someone might call behind you with a marginal hand because he is getting a good price preflop. This in turn could induce someone to commit to the pot due to it's size. Now, this has no application whatsoever in a cash game for obvious reasons. In the later stages of a tournament... especially if some shorter stacks called the preflop raise... one of they could commit on the flop and get eliminated. His idea is plausible.Of course... folding a in first position in the hopes of inducing action based on that ALONE is a bit extreme. :roll:

Someone from FCP played in my rotation game last night. We were playing A-5 triple draw and he open folded. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Guest XXEddie
misclick most likely
no I thought on most sites(and I know Pacific does) if you open-fold a box comes up that tells you that you can check, somepeople still ingore it....and get pissed when the the turn and river woulda given them trips

I'll open fold about once in a while.normally only in tournies when i have like k5o in the bb and the flop comes 2810 all clubs and I have nothing of it. I'll open fold, cause I'm folding to any bet anyways, and not gonna try to bluff at it.- Jordan