is it possible to play pocket aces worse than this?

***** Hand History for Game 2269877589 *****NL Hold'em Trny:13443338 Level:1 Blinds (10/15) - Monday, June 27, 00:55:11 EDT 2005Table $1,250 Players Club Freeroll(374380) Table #64 (Real Money)Seat 4 is the buttonTotal number of players : 9 Seat 1: robo1975 ( $1025 )Seat 2: aces0979 ( $950 )Seat 3: retafnco ( $990 )Seat 4: soldierrich2 ( $975 )Seat 5: goldfingers ( $950 )Seat 6: live4poker2 ( $1000 )Seat 7: Sigre ( $1000 )Seat 8: fluxer ( $2110 )Seat 9: tfz23 ( $1000 )Trny:13443338 Level:1Blinds (10/15)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to fluxer [ 3s 2d ]Sigre raises [30].fluxer folds.tfz23 folds.robo1975 folds.aces0979 folds.retafnco folds.soldierrich2 calls [30].goldfingers folds.live4poker2 calls [15].** Dealing Flop ** [ Jc, 6c, 3d ]rdmdeel has joined the table.Player rdmdeel has been moved from $1,250 Players Club Freeroll(374380) Table #157 table live4poker2 checks.Sigre bets [50].soldierrich2 raises [100].live4poker2 folds.Sigre is all-In [920]soldierrich2 is all-In [845]** Dealing Turn ** [ 7s ]** Dealing River ** [ 2h ]soldierrich2 shows [ Jh, Jd ] three of a kind, jacks.Sigre shows [ Ad, As ] a pair of aces.Sigre wins 25 chips from side pot #1 with a pair of aces.soldierrich2 wins 1990 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, jacks.

Actually its a new trend now. I have played about 8 tournaments this weekend and I have seen 12 AA's being limped, only a third got cracked though. Unfortunately not by me, or the Krablar

"Sigre raises [30]." the ole 2 x the BB that is so popular w/ low sakes online poker.....stupid bet in nl.....serves no purpose.....doen't narrow the field at all.....some people think it's a fine idea to play AA against 4 or 5 people.

"Sigre raises [30]." the ole 2 x the BB that is so popular w/ low sakes online poker.....stupid bet in nl.....serves no purpose.....doen't narrow the field at all.....some people think it's a fine idea to play AA against 4 or 5 people.
But boy do they get mad every time it gets sucked out on.Stupid fish.

I'm not recommending this way of playing AA, but ...I'll note that there were only two players in the pot and no matter how he played AA this particular time he would have lost or at best gained a tiny number of chips if JJ folded, which is almost the same as winning nothing.Cash game, this is a very bad way to play AA. But in a tourney when you have to amass chips, winning the blinds by making a huge raise when you have AA isn't going to help you much. You've got to try to maximize your premium hands.So I would say that unless someone has opened with a raise in front of you, going all in with AA (in a tourney, with the blinds low) is the worst way to play it. Limping is the second-worst.I might raise about 135 in this instance, enough to knock out the weak hands.

As I was reading this I watched AA get "cracked" - he'll probably go tell his friends what a "bad beat" it was. In reality, he made the minimum raise pre-flop and - like in most loose low limit tables - saw 80% of the table call and see a flop. Board shows 789, two clubs. I'm thinking it's almost certain someone has JT (donkeys love this hand) or on a strong flush draw... someone makes a not-quite pot-sized bet and Donkey re-raises all-in (a substantial amount) and is called by the original bettor - holding 56. :wink:

I'm not recommending this way of playing AA, but ...I'll note that there were only two players in the pot and no matter how he played AA this particular time he would have lost or at best gained a tiny number of chips if JJ folded, which is almost the same as winning nothing.Cash game, this is a very bad way to play AA. But in a tourney when you have to amass chips, winning the blinds by making a huge raise when you have AA isn't going to help you much. You've got to try to maximize your premium hands.So I would say that unless someone has opened with a raise in front of you, going all in with AA (in a tourney, with the blinds low) is the worst way to play it. Limping is the second-worst.I might raise about 135 in this instance, enough to knock out the weak hands.
When you need to amass chips in a tourney when blinds are low I will limp a certain percantage of the time especially if the table is loose and I can expect a raise. Yes you risk the bad beat, but if you are good at slowing down and getting away from AA it is better than winning the blinds when they are low
As I was reading this I watched AA get "cracked" - he'll probably go tell his friends what a "bad beat" it was. In reality, he made the minimum raise pre-flop and - like in most loose low limit tables - saw 80% of the table call and see a flop. Board shows 789, two clubs. I'm thinking it's almost certain someone has JT (donkeys love this hand) or on a strong flush draw... someone makes a not-quite pot-sized bet and Donkey re-raises all-in (a substantial amount) and is called by the original bettor - holding 56. :wink:
Im sorry but what is wrong with J-10? Its always a hand worth seeing a cheap flop with. Plus if its suited you got a chance of making a decent high flush and you got a connector for many straights. Now I wouldnt call myself a donkey since I've been playing poker for the past 3 years and I am very successful at high stakes tournaments. I dunno you can call me a donkey but I think J-10 is a pretty good hand.You should read this Cardplayer article while you're at it...http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/a...4647&m_id=65559
Im sorry but what is wrong with J-10? Its always a hand worth seeing a cheap flop with. Plus if its suited you got a chance of making a decent high flush and you got a connector for many straights. Now I wouldnt call myself a donkey since I've been playing poker for the past 3 years and I am very successful at high stakes tournaments. I dunno you can call me a donkey but I think J-10 is a pretty good hand.You should read this Cardplayer article while you're at it...http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/a...&m_id=65559
You're absolutely right and I don't disagree at all - it doesn't sound like you over-value JT at all (yes, I've read that article before too). But cold calling raises and re-raises with JTo? I don't think so. Go all-in with it? Meh. Just depends on your perspective - in the loose games I'm used to I hear things like "I'll take JT over AK any day." Sorry, just can't buy that.
You're absolutely right and I don't disagree at all - it doesn't sound like you over-value JT at all (yes, I've read that article before too). But cold calling raises and re-raises with JTo? I don't think so. Go all-in with it? Meh. Just depends on your perspective - in the loose games I'm used to I hear things like "I'll take JT over AK any day." Sorry, just can't buy that.
Ok now I see where you're coming from and realize what you're saying the "donkeys" do with J-10. From my view on your first post I thought you were calling J-10 an absolute trash hand that only fish play. Honest mistake by the wording of it... Im sorry if I semt hostile I was trying to prove a point that I didnt need to. All is forgiven! :wink:
As I was reading this I watched AA get "cracked" - he'll probably go tell his friends what a "bad beat" it was. In reality, he made the minimum raise pre-flop and - like in most loose low limit tables - saw 80% of the table call and see a flop.
2 players out of 8 remaining is 80%? weird.-adam
You're absolutely right and I don't disagree at all - it doesn't sound like you over-value JT at all (yes' date=' I've read that article before too). But cold calling raises and re-raises with JTo? I don't think so. Go all-in with it? Meh. Just depends on your perspective - in the loose games I'm used to I hear things like "I'll take JT over AK any day." Sorry, just can't buy that.[/quote']JT is more fun to play postflop than AK, which I have a habit (like many of you, I'm sure) of paying better hands with..-adam
As I was reading this I watched AA get "cracked" - he'll probably go tell his friends what a "bad beat" it was. In reality, he made the minimum raise pre-flop and - like in most loose low limit tables - saw 80% of the table call and see a flop.
Whaa...? There were 10 at the table, 8 of which called his min raise and saw the flop. Now I'm asking you... 8 players out of 10 is 80%, right?
He's not talking about the OP's hand, he's describing a different hand altogether.

Ok, so the play with AA was bad but what about the Pocket J's play? Do you like to call the minimum raise and hope the flop hits like this case or should he have raised preflop? In this case he got all the chips but what if the J didn't hit the flop he wouldn't have any idea where he was at.thoughts?

I seen a guy push all pre flop in a tournament this weekend with AA and get called by JJ. The river has a J and the JJ guy starts mothing off how AA isn't worth shit. I asked him if he understood that he sucked out, and he replies with the following classic line "hey it was 50/50, and i won didn't i ?"The best part about that is it was at poker room so the percenteges showed the whole hand, he must not have seen that he was a 4-1 dog going into the river. Love the fish. Love them to death.on a side note, he later sucks out again calling all in with QTo (he was first to act) and gets called by KK, and hits the miracle runner runner straight. again shoots off at the mouth about his wisdom.

I've gotta raise with JJ pre flop in this situation - between 80 and 110 chips. I assume that the limper has a drawing hand. If I get reraised it's almost certain I'm facing a higher pair so I fold - limp reraise is usually AA or KK.If you choose to call and don't get the J on the flop, you have to lead out with a modest bet if no one else bets - that will tell you where you are in the hand.

What I love are the fish who under play AA pre flop and overplay post flop. You almost alway ssee AA going all in after the flop no matter how scary in lower limit NL games.Love it. Yes please let me see a free flop with 76s