a serious ? about praying for you to fail

No. Most scientists agree on the big bang theory, which is the idea that the universe as we know it began at some finite point in the past (ignore my sloppy use of words, since at the point of the big bang time and space had no meaning). However, it is possible that even with a finite beginning the universe may go infinitely into the future. Or not. None of this is in any way a proof or a disproof of God, though.
I know the big bang theory, and the idea I was describing was an offshoot. It implied that there is no 0 point. The big bang theory has a definite 0 point, but no scientist can calculate to that exact point. And I was in no way assuming that the big bang theory can prove or disprove the existence of a god.
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit.......im reading angels and demons right now and it just literally talked about the big bang and religion being both "feasable" and together or something like that(karma,syncronicity lol), i know its fiction but a good read so far.reading the da vinci code next
Great book. I like his style of writing. Da Vinci Code is really good too. You should also look into getting his other 2 books. One deals with the codebreaking and the other deals with possible life on other planets. I read them all in about a week. Im currently rereading Da Vinci Code. I hope the movie is close to the book, but I have a feeling I will be dissapointed.
Dinosaurs, are, as far as provability goes, imagination. Nowhere in written history had anyone observed a dinosaur, and, before you say, " Well, you can't prove Christ existed. " At least we have that, and you dinosaur thumpers cant even produce something as simple as that. Mostly because they are determined prehistoric which could easily be termed complete conjecture.  Good luck telling me I am wrong with this one.
The sane world in it's entirety is laughing at you.
The Dinosaur thing you talk about is plausible. I've heard that there is a possibility that bones were put together from different animals and made into "Dinosaurs"
No, it isn't. Not even close. Unless, of course, one ignores "science" and the "scientific process." And "reason." One would have to ignore reason as well.
There is not one scientist who can tell you that the whole dinosaur thing is not at it's roots pure conjecture. It is. The beauty is in the simplicity.
The Dinosaur thing you talk about is plausible. I've heard that there is a possibility that bones were put together from different animals and made into "Dinosaurs"
No, it isn't. Not even close. Unless, of course, one ignores "science" and the "scientific process." And "reason." One would have to ignore reason as well.
There is not one scientist who can tell you that the whole dinosaur thing is not at it's roots pure conjecture. It is. The beauty is in the simplicity.
There's really nothing I can say to someone that is this deep in denial. Dinosaurs existed. There are species that actually predate dinosaurs that are still in existance. what do you say to that?
I considered writing out an in depth post to 'enlighten' you.But then i realized that you're probably mentally retarded. So why bother?
wow. another completely pointless diatribe from abba. im suprised. maybe i should start using the abba method of response to a debate on the forum. lets take it for a spin.abba, your mother is a whore, have fun sharking those .10/.20 games you fucking douche , TP/MM. +1
I don't understand. Please be more specific. In what way is it conjecture? I'm sure that there are some aspects of Dinosaurs that scientists disagree on, but are you really saying that Dinosaurs as a whole never really existed?
I don't understand. Please be more specific. In what way is it conjecture? I'm sure that there are some aspects of Dinosaurs that scientists disagree on, but are you really saying that Dinosaurs as a whole never really existed?
I am saying that at it's roots it is made up. A dude, who happened to be a scientists found some bones, sometimes in the same spot sometimes not. Sometimes in some sort of order- sometimes not. They were rather large bones, sometimes, but lots of times they were just partial, and had to be manipulated to get the desired effect and size of the animal that it was attached to. Except no one has seen these animals, ever, and the only visible proof is cave drawings,and even they are largely made up and are the stuff of movies. There are vague drawings of large animals, maybe- have you seen them, or pictures of them? Oftentimes( and if you care to you can look this up) what as happened and it hasn't happened for years because face it, no one cares anymore to even try, they have been able to prove that ythe starting point wasn't even an unknown species- it was a whale, or an elephant, or a giraffe- and they spun some big tall visual tale to prove that there imaginary animal existed. When it comes to this argument I say this- Prehistory. It is therefore conjecture- it would have to be, being as there is no historical backing.
I am saying that at it's roots it is made up. A dude, who happened to be a scientists found some bones, sometimes in the same spot sometimes not. Sometimes in some sort of order- sometimes not. They were rather large bones, sometimes, but lots of times they were just partial, and had to be manipulated to get the desired effect and size of the animal that it was attached to.
It's impossible to manipulate the size of the bones. It's also impossible to manipulate the function of the bone. A vertebrae is a vertebrae, a femur is a femur. There may have been some questions on some found fossils on what exactly goes where, however anthropoligists can pretty much tell by the looks of the bone what sort of bone it is. Let me ask you a couple questions: Have you ever been to a fossil dig? Have you ever been to a dinosaur museum? You're telling me that you can look at the skull and body of a Allosaur and somehow come to the conclusion that it's just the skeletal remains of a prehistoric elephant or something?
Except no one has seen these animals, ever, and the only visible proof is cave drawings,and even they are largely made up and are the stuff of movies. There are vague drawings of large animals, maybe- have you seen them, or pictures of them?
There are no cave paintings depicting dinosaurs because they did not walk the earth with humans. I still fail to understand how a comprehensive fossil history backed by carbon dating analysis results in them being made up.
Oftentimes( and if you care to you can look this up) what as happened and it hasn't happened for years because face it, no one cares anymore to even try, they have been able to prove that ythe starting point wasn't even an unknown species- it was a whale, or an elephant, or a giraffe- and they spun some big tall visual tale to prove that there imaginary animal existed.
I have no idea of what reputable source provided this information to you, but feel free to post a link for us to enjoy.
When it comes to this argument I say this- Prehistory. It is therefore conjecture- it would have to be, being as there is no historical backing.
There is no historical backing, but there is fossil backing. That fossil backing is further backed up by carbon-14 date testing. Just because a person wasn't around to document an event doesn't mean it didn't happen. No man was around to see the sea floor shift when it caused the Asian tsunami last year, but it happened. Didn't it? Or was that big wave caused by the ocean god Poseidon. Maybe the evil scientists are at fault and they set off a detonation 10000 times more powerful than any nuclear weapon to cause it, because they were worried that people were on to their big Dinosaur myth and needed a diversion.
Oftentimes( and if you care to you can look this up) what as happened and it hasn't happened for years because face it, no one cares anymore to even try, they have been able to prove that ythe starting point wasn't even an unknown species- it was a whale, or an elephant, or a giraffe- and they spun some big tall visual tale to prove that there imaginary animal existed.
Who told you this? Was it the same guy that is telling people that some guy walked on water, turned water into wine, and rose from the dead?
I cannot help but post here.I think poker is a wonderful game.  But, if I play it too much then I know I am falling into an addiction.  So, I stop playing or I play much less.I have learned that:  "A gentle answer turns away wrath.""humility comes before honor.""he who is without sin should cast the first stone.""godliness and contentment is great gain""All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.""One day every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."Loving someone is far more powerful that hate.  This is how Jesus won the hearts of so many (including mine when I realized how meaningless and hopeless my life was when I was 24 yrs old).Christianity is the only "religion" that God humbled himself and came to die for people.  Every other religion places the "higher power" on a pedestel.  These "gods" desire more power.  Jesus Christ came as a servant that loved and loves people into wanting Him in their lives.If you are confused/sad/wondering about God/Christ and really want to know that there really is a good and happy ending, then please PM me.Let the flames begin if they must.  I promise to "turn the other cheek" because I understand that "from the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks".
God didn't come to die he sent his son. I hate to nitpick, well, that's just not true I love to nitpick but that's kind of a large detail/misunderstanding. Generally I have been avoiding these threads because it's pointless, but that little detail grabbed me. As far as the dinoaur thing I love how all of the "history" involving dinosaurs date back to reconstructions of hypothetical skeletal structures- now, when some random bones are found it's indentified as this or that, all based off of reconstructed partial skeletons that no one has any real clue what they are. Oftentimes they are proven to be something else, whether buffaol, elephant, even whalebones. Dinosaurs, are, as far as provability goes, imagination. Nowhere in written history had anyone observed a dinosaur, and, before you say, " Well, you can't prove Christ existed. " At least we have that, and you dinosaur thumpers cant even produce something as simple as that. Mostly because they are determined prehistoric which could easily be termed complete conjecture. Good luck telling me I am wrong with this one. Now, what is the over under on the amount of post padding "Your wrong " posts?
You are correct. I apologize for the confusion.Yes, God did send his Son to die.But, God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are the same. That is the trinity. We were created in God's image. We too have three parts (body, soul, spirit). While we are alive in these bodies all three of these are together.When we die, the body is separated from the spirit and soul until Christ returns. When Christ returns the body, soul, and spirit will be reunited. Some will be with the Lord for eternity and some will be cast into the Lake of fire.Therefore, God came in the form of a man to pay the price for our sins.So, in summary I agree with you.I should have been more complete in what I said.God sent His Son to die for our sins.It is up to us to receive this free gift.No offense intended when I say this... It comes from a heart that cares.Let's check the EV on this.Someone said this much better than I can. I think that it might have been CS Lewis.What do I lose for believing in Christ if I am wrong?If I am wrong that Jesus is the savior to the world and that nobody goes to heaven without believing that Jesus died for their sins then my results are friends that care about me, community with others, and a life that was focused on serving and helping others. That is +EV even if I am wrong. What do you lose if you do not believe in Christ and you are wrong?You lose eternal life. Eternity is a very long time. Therefore, it is -EV. : - (If I am wrong I win. If you are wrong you lose big time.It is as if I am playing with the house's money because I cannot lose and you are playing with your entire bankroll in a hand with ONE OUT and only one card to come. If you lose, you die. And forever death at that.Jesus is +EV. :club::D:D
I cannot help but post here.I think poker is a wonderful game.  But, if I play it too much then I know I am falling into an addiction.  So, I stop playing or I play much less.I have learned that:  "A gentle answer turns away wrath.""humility comes before honor.""he who is without sin should cast the first stone.""godliness and contentment is great gain""All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.""One day every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."Loving someone is far more powerful that hate.  This is how Jesus won the hearts of so many (including mine when I realized how meaningless and hopeless my life was when I was 24 yrs old).Christianity is the only "religion" that God humbled himself and came to die for people.  Every other religion places the "higher power" on a pedestel.  These "gods" desire more power.  Jesus Christ came as a servant that loved and loves people into wanting Him in their lives.If you are confused/sad/wondering about God/Christ and really want to know that there really is a good and happy ending, then please PM me.Let the flames begin if they must.  I promise to "turn the other cheek" because I understand that "from the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks".
God didn't come to die he sent his son. I hate to nitpick, well, that's just not true I love to nitpick but that's kind of a large detail/misunderstanding. Generally I have been avoiding these threads because it's pointless, but that little detail grabbed me. As far as the dinoaur thing I love how all of the "history" involving dinosaurs date back to reconstructions of hypothetical skeletal structures- now, when some random bones are found it's indentified as this or that, all based off of reconstructed partial skeletons that no one has any real clue what they are. Oftentimes they are proven to be something else, whether buffaol, elephant, even whalebones. Dinosaurs, are, as far as provability goes, imagination. Nowhere in written history had anyone observed a dinosaur, and, before you say, " Well, you can't prove Christ existed. " At least we have that, and you dinosaur thumpers cant even produce something as simple as that. Mostly because they are determined prehistoric which could easily be termed complete conjecture. Good luck telling me I am wrong with this one. Now, what is the over under on the amount of post padding "Your wrong " posts?
You are correct. I apologize for the confusion.Yes, God did send his Son to die.But, God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are the same. That is the trinity. We were created in God's image. We too have three parts (body, soul, spirit). While we are alive in these bodies all three of these are together.When we die, the body is separated from the spirit and soul until Christ returns. When Christ returns the body, soul, and spirit will be reunited. Some will be with the Lord for eternity and some will be cast into the Lake of fire.Therefore, God came in the form of a man to pay the price for our sins.So, in summary I agree with you.I should have been more complete in what I said.God sent His Son to die for our sins.It is up to us to receive this free gift.No offense intended when I say this... It comes from a heart that cares.Let's check the EV on this.Someone said this much better than I can. I think that it might have been CS Lewis.What do I lose for believing in Christ if I am wrong?If I am wrong that Jesus is the savior to the world and that nobody goes to heaven without believing that Jesus died for their sins then my results are friends that care about me, community with others, and a life that was focused on serving and helping others. That is +EV even if I am wrong. What do you lose if you do not believe in Christ and you are wrong?You lose eternal life. Eternity is a very long time. Therefore, it is -EV. : - (If I am wrong I win. If you are wrong you lose big time.It is as if I am playing with the house's money because I cannot lose and you are playing with your entire bankroll in a hand with ONE OUT and only one card to come. If you lose, you die. And forever death at that.Jesus is +EV. :club::D:D
You are correct.  I apologize for the confusion.Yes, God did send his Son to die.But, God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are the same.  That is the trinity.  We were created in God's image.  We too have three parts (body, soul, spirit).  While we are alive in these bodies all three of these are together.When we die, the body is separated from the spirit and soul until Christ returns.  When Christ returns the body, soul, and spirit will be reunited.  Some will be with the Lord for eternity and some will be cast into the Lake of fire.Therefore, God came in the form of a man to pay the price for our sins.So, in summary I agree with you.I should have been more complete in what I said.God sent His Son to die for our sins.It is up to us to receive this free gift.No offense intended when I say this... It comes from a heart that cares.Let's check the EV on this.Someone said this much better than I can.  I think that it might have been CS Lewis.What do I lose for believing in Christ if I am wrong?If I am wrong that Jesus is the savior to the world and that nobody goes to heaven without believing that Jesus died for their sins then my results are friends that care about me, community with others, and a life that was focused on serving and helping others.  That is +EV even if I am wrong.  What do you lose if you do not believe in Christ and you are wrong?You lose eternal life.  Eternity is a very long time.  Therefore, it is -EV.         : - (If I am wrong I win.  If you are wrong you lose big time.It is as if I am playing with the house's money because I cannot lose and you are playing with your entire bankroll in a hand with ONE OUT and only one card to come.  If you lose, you die.  And forever death at that.Jesus is +EV. :club:  :D  :D
If god existed and sent people to hell for not "worshipping" and not accepting Christ as the son of god, then he'd be a douchebag. There are billions of people that have lived and died in the past 2000 years that had never heard of Jesus.
Dinosaurs' date=' are' date=' as far as provability goes, imagination. Nowhere in written history had anyone observed a dinosaur, and, before you say, " Well, you can't prove Christ existed. " At least we have that, and you dinosaur thumpers cant even produce something as simple as that. Mostly because they are determined prehistoric which could easily be termed complete conjecture. Good luck telling me I am wrong with this one. Now, what is the over under on the amount of post padding "Your wrong " posts?[/quote'']jus so i understand you. You are sayin christ did exsist? That man that claimed he was the son of god did exsist. I agree. But it doesn't mean he "was" the son of god. The Dinosaur thing you talk about is plausible. I've heard that there is a possibility that bones were put together from different animals and made into "Dinosaurs"But just because there was a man named "jesus" who claimed to be the son of god, it doesn't make it so.Jesus jus had a good PR group around him. 12 discliples were tellin others that he is the son of god. There were others at jesus' time who were also sayin they were God. But, they didn't have the backing jesus did
In answer to your question, it has never been disproven. It has only been proven to be correct by anyone that truly took the time to research the facts. There are countless scientists that have spent their entire lives trying to prove it wrong only to conclude that it is true.Lee Strobel has written a book on this that answers some of the questions. "Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel.All that I know is that I have a true peace in my life now. I have had this peace ever since I received Christ as Lord of my life. Even though I have still gone through many painful experiences. I know that these pains will continue until my body dies. It is not something that I manufacture by meditation, etc. that leaves me feeling empty.When people ask me how I know that it is true I tell them that I know because my life is truly different. I am changed from the inside out.I used to be so sad and felt like my life was meaningless and worthless. I yelled out "God, if you exist. Whoever you are, wherever you are. Why does my life suck? Why is it that everything I do ends in disaster? Why do you hate me? If you love me and are real, then show me because it sure doesn't seem like it. Why did you make me anyway?"Ten years later, here I am telling you and anyone that will listen that He is real. The story is true.I know two things for sure... There is a God and I am not Him.

If god existed and sent people to hell for not "worshipping" and not accepting Christ as the son of god, then he'd be a douchebag. There are billions of people that have lived and died in the past 2000 years that had never heard of Jesus.Ya no, they are all in hell, along with the other races that walked the earth before Homo sapiens. (homo erectus etc...) and jesus horses (dinosaurs)ohh wait, thats all fictional. sorry my bad.LOL

If god existed and sent people to hell for not "worshipping" and not accepting Christ as the son of god, then he'd be a douchebag. There are billions of people that have lived and died in the past 2000 years that had never heard of Jesus.Ya no, they are all in hell, along with the other races that walked the earth before Homo sapiens. (homo erectus etc...) and jesus horses (dinosaurs)ohh wait, thats all fictional. sorry my bad.LOL
not so fast, some are in purgatory. just ask the Catholics...
If god existed and sent people to hell for not "worshipping" and not accepting Christ as the son of god, then he'd be a douchebag. There are billions of people that have lived and died in the past 2000 years that had never heard of Jesus.
You are correct. There are many people that have lived that never had the opportunity to hear about Christ.I do not have a good answer for this. But, I will make a feeble attempt to say that the rippling effect or the legacy of those that did not believe in God and then Christ is an entire family, etc. that does not believe or even have the opportunity to see Christ.Their legacy was one of unbelief that caused generations of unbelief and condemnation.It started with Adam and Eve. Then Cain and Abel, and so on.Therefore, everything that we choose to do effects are children, our children's children, and so on.I am a dad too. It is scary to see my four year old, and two year old doing and saying things that I know are wrong. How did they learn that? Yikes. They learned that from me. What an incredible responsibility.My parents, grandparents, etc. passed on many bad things and many good things. Some of these I will never discover.If you have children you know this. If you do not have children, then you know that some of the things that you do and say are because that is how you learned them.I hope this helps.
Yeshua_WonYou are correct. I apologize for the confusion.Yes, God did send his Son to die.But, God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are the same. That is the trinity. We were created in God's image. We too have three parts (body, soul, spirit). While we are alive in these bodies all three of these are together.When we die, the body is separated from the spirit and soul until Christ returns. When Christ returns the body, soul, and spirit will be reunited. Some will be with the Lord for eternity and some will be cast into the Lake of fire.Therefore, God came in the form of a man to pay the price for our sins.So, in summary I agree with you.I should have been more complete in what I said.God sent His Son to die for our sins.It is up to us to receive this free gift.No offense intended when I say this... It comes from a heart that cares.Let's check the EV on this.Someone said this much better than I can. I think that it might have been CS Lewis.What do I lose for believing in Christ if I am wrong?If I am wrong that Jesus is the savior to the world and that nobody goes to heaven without believing that Jesus died for their sins then my results are friends that care about me, community with others, and a life that was focused on serving and helping others. That is +EV even if I am wrong. What do you lose if you do not believe in Christ and you are wrong?You lose eternal life. Eternity is a very long time. Therefore, it is -EV. : - (If I am wrong I win. If you are wrong you lose big time.It is as if I am playing with the house's money because I cannot lose and you are playing with your entire bankroll in a hand with ONE OUT and only one card to come. If you lose, you die. And forever death at that.Jesus is +EV. :club::D:D
With all due respect, that's only one way to look at it. The problem I have with what you said is that it sort of leads one to think that the only way you can achieve this "friends that care about me, community with others, and a life that was focused on serving and helping others" is through religion. It isn't. In fact, I would wager that I'm on average more honest, caring, moral, and do more to help my fellow man than most of the religious people I know. As for a poker analogy, I look at it this way. I have 10d 10h and the board reads 10c 10s 8s 6s Ah. God may have 97s to beat me, but my read tells me he doesn't.As for what I or anyone has to lose by accepting Jesus? For me it boils down to the possibility of having the center of my earthly existence based on a complete fabrication. For me that's much more frightening than eternal damnation.
not so fast, some are in purgatory. just ask the Catholics...
i hear thats a sick place to hang out, they have street fighter II arcade style, and a billiards room,, ohh wait, thats the island that pinnocchio goes to when he turns into a donkey, much like some of these posters.
What do I lose for believing in Christ if I am wrong?
Of course, you lose nothing. Unless your belief in Christ makes you disbelieve dinosaurs, etc. Then you lose reason and credibility.

You are correct. There are many people that have lived that never had the opportunity to hear about Christ.I do not have a good answer for this. But, I will make a feeble attempt to say that the rippling effect or the legacy of those that did not believe in God and then Christ is an entire family, etc. that does not believe or even have the opportunity to see Christ.Their legacy was one of unbelief that caused generations of unbelief and condemnation.It started with Adam and Eve. Then Cain and Abel, and so on.Therefore, everything that we choose to do effects are children, our children's children, and so on.I am a dad too. It is scary to see my four year old, and two year old doing and saying things that I know are wrong. How did they learn that? Yikes. They learned that from me. What an incredible responsibility.My parents, grandparents, etc. passed on many bad things and many good things. Some of these I will never discover.If you have children you know this. If you do not have children, then you know that some of the things that you do and say are because that is how you learned them.I hope this helps.Uhh, doesnt anyone here find it odd that so many religions can exist on 1 planet, or why religion and beliefs is the leading cause of war??Maybe i'm crazy, and not edumacated enough.but then again i have my own fan club so i can start my own religion.

You are correct. There are many people that have lived that never had the opportunity to hear about Christ.I do not have a good answer for this. But, I will make a feeble attempt to say that the rippling effect or the legacy of those that did not believe in God and then Christ is an entire family, etc. that does not believe or even have the opportunity to see Christ.Their legacy was one of unbelief that caused generations of unbelief and condemnation.It started with Adam and Eve. Then Cain and Abel, and so on.Therefore, everything that we choose to do effects are children, our children's children, and so on.I am a dad too. It is scary to see my four year old, and two year old doing and saying things that I know are wrong. How did they learn that? Yikes. They learned that from me. What an incredible responsibility.My parents, grandparents, etc. passed on many bad things and many good things. Some of these I will never discover.If you have children you know this. If you do not have children, then you know that some of the things that you do and say are because that is how you learned them.I hope this helps.Uhh, doesnt anyone here find it odd that so many religions can exist on 1 planet, or why religion and beliefs is the leading cause of war??Maybe i'm crazy, and not edumacated enough.but then again i have my own fan club so i can start my own religion.
If it involves matching jumpsuits & nikes - I'm in...