greenstein dedicates bracelet

Charlie Tuttle passed away late Tuesday night, June 21.I'll play the Hammer sometime this week in remembrance.

The scary part is that I went to high school in the same town (Clarksville). What a small world.This is what makes the a player tops in poker; a person who's generous at heart, but wants all the money on the table.Barry, thanks for the generousity.

That is selflessness in a very pure form...at least as pure as it can get in poker. I'm not a fan of Greenstein per se...but definitely applaud him for that. Also for Marcel, who is top class in my book period.Very touching story.

Let the fickle hypocrites speak.Before the Charlie Tuttle story: "Greenstein is an arrogant bastard..."After the Charlie Tuttle story: "Greenstein is a class act and great guy..."I was sick of hearing all the Greenstein bashing anyway. It seems as some felt that animosity towards Barry Greenstein was a criterion for being a supporter of Daniel and FCP. I don't know Barry Greenstein (or Daniel for that matter) personally but my impression of him from what I've seen on TV (take that with a grain of salt) is as follows:He is a highly intelligent person who recognized that he could make a great income playing poker when he needed money for dire family matters -- his daughter had end-stage liver disease and required a transplant. He is confident and judges most poker players by the standard set by those that have long-term success in the biggest cash games. (In fact, remarks interpreted by Daniel fans as disparaging come from Barry's underestimation of how much 4000-8000 poker Daniel has played). He is a huge philanthropist but for some reason people around here downplay his generosity because he talks about it (is there such thing as pure altruism?).Bottom line is that this move was not out of character for him. He doesn't owe anybody anything and I don't know why his balls are broken so much.Again, I really have no idea who he is and have no reason to support or defend him. These are simply my observations.

And this re-iteration of the common theme should come to no-ones surprise. I always thought Marcel was an amazing pixie and that Barry was a bit of a cold blooded M.F. but that post says it all. All those stone-faced cardplayers are just regular people. I wonder if that story'll get any TV time once they post the series later.

The scary part is that I went to high school in the same town (Clarksville). What a small world.This is what makes the a player tops in poker; a person who's generous at heart, but wants all the money on the table.Barry, thanks for the generousity.
I grew up close to there as well.
Let the fickle hypocrites speak.Before the Charlie Tuttle story:  "Greenstein is an arrogant censored..."After the Charlie Tuttle story: "Greenstein is a class act and great guy..."
I still think he's arrogant. That won't change. But then arrogance and egos are all a part of poker, always will be.But I will admit when he does a good thing. And this was not just a good thing, but a very awesome thing.Goes to show that no matter how egotistical players are, deep down, they can be selfless too.
This is really the tip of the iceberg on what barry does, half his tourney winning go to charity, and he obviously doesn't need the money.  He just does it for fun
all of his tournament winnings go to charity, not all. You've misquoted him, I think. I belive he says half of it goes to Children's International, the rest to various other charities.His profits come from the big game.
This is really the tip of the iceberg on what barry does, half his tourney winning go to charity, and he obviously doesn't need the money.  He just does it for fun
all of his tournament winnings go to charity, not all. You've misquoted him, I think. I belive he says half of it goes to Children's International, the rest to various other charities.His profits come from the big game.
yep. and his tourney winnings are somethin over 4 million that he has donated.

would be cool if he can get a few more big wins in this year. honestly the only person I see saying barry is some huge egomaniac is alot of people here who have absolutely no idea in reality and DN. All I ever seen from him is his confidence in his game, the level he plays at, and tourney players thinking they are the best ever which is clearly not true. Funny thing is i happen to catch behind the glory on fox yesterday I think and there's Doyle saying the same thing about tourney players. anyway, I wish Barry the best of luck throughout the series.

"This one is for Charlie," Barry said :clap: That's LOVE folks. I believe their is nothing more powerful in the fight against cancer than Love, Hope, and Positive thinking. Barry and others took time out of their lives to give that gift to Charlie. We should all learn from Barry, Marcel and the others who care about ppl and thus make humanity a better place to be.I was sorry to hear of Charlie's passing but feel joy in the fact that his friends said he was happy before he passed.Thank you All.

I remember seeing in the cardplayer aritcle what barry said when asked about it. He said doing a good deed isnt hard.I think those are words that we should all live by. :clap:

http://www.pokertrails.com/interviews/barr...ygreenstein.phpQ: I’m assuming that given your status in the poker world and your obviously large bankroll, people ask you for money all the time. What was the strangest request for money you’ve received? A: Why is my bankroll obviously so large? It’s funny that people have decided I am extremely rich because I give money to charity. When I no longer need to make money, I will stop playing in side games. I hear stories about me making lots of money in the software business. I took a huge pay cut from my life as a poker player when I took that job to help get custody of my step kids, but I had to quit because I couldn’t afford to work at a normal job.

I e-mailed Greenstein the other day saying how good of a deed he did and how others should take note and try to make a difference...low and behold the very next day, he takes time out to thank me....so I guess yeah he isn't always an "arrogant prick"....