who is the tightest player in pro poker?

I'm gonna go with Dan Harrington. Actually not as much these days as he was before, but he definitely has a more rockish type table persona.Ledered has a conservative table demeanor but he definitely does not play tight.... That said he doesn't see nearly as many flops as say John Juanda or Daniel....

Harrington, without a doubt. Remember, they only show the big action hands on ESPN et al...He is almost definitely tighter than any of the big-name pros today. I'm waiting patiently for his book...

Why do people ask such stupid questions? Who cares who the tightest player is? You think your gonna know anyones name that you havent seen on TV? PROBABLY NOT.....sorry to blow up but I love how like the whole TV aspect of poker is becoming more of a fad then a game to play....sorry to blow up just my 2 cents

Why do people ask such stupid questions? Who cares who the tightest player is? You think your gonna know anyones name that you havent seen on TV? PROBABLY NOT.....sorry to blow up but I love how like the whole TV aspect of poker is becoming more of a fad then a game to play....sorry to blow up just my 2 cents
It's not a stupid question. This is what forums are for, not just sharing bad beat stories. If you don't like the thread don't read it.Anyways, it is important to know who are the tightest pros, because it shows how they use their reputations to their advantage. Look at how so many people here have named Dan Harrington. He used this reputation beautifully at the final table of the Main Event this year. Facing a raise and a reraise, he went all-in with 6 2 and got two strong players to fold their hands. This got him half a million chips and the chance to make a small comeback.
Look at how so many people here have named Dan Harrington. He used this reputation beautifully at the final table of the Main Event this year. Facing a raise and a reraise, he went all-in with 6 2 and got two strong players to fold their hands. This got him half a million chips and the chance to make a small comeback.
this is true but he is one of very few major pro's who made a living playing supertight poker.

There is no pro who makes a comfortable living at poker as a TIGHT player. It is simple not capable to be a pro and be the "tightest player". Image wise possibly, but this is an impossible question to answer.

From what I've seen...I'd say besides Harrington and Bigler I would also have to say Mike Sexton is a pretty tight player...Let me also add that I think Harrington made it as far as he did at the WSOP this year is because he didn't bluff as much as some other pros...with so many people calling more bets it made for unbluffable situations...

i havent watched him in person ever. but from reading his style of play in his books and seeing him on tv i think tj cloutier is an extremely tight player. easily overlooked too. one of the greatest tournament players ever.

Phil Hellmuth is the tightest top player I have ever seen. I know he was not as much like that earlier in his career, but recently he is very predictible and I have taken a few pots from him with nothing.

first of all, this conversation is useless because everyone is just throwing in opinions based on the EXTREMELY limited tournament play theyve seen on tv... there are two problems with this. a) you are only seeing a small fraction of the hands by a small fraction of the players and B) its a tournament. all these guys couldnt give two shits about these tourneys. Harrington, Hellmuth, Sexton, Cloutier, Tomko, theyre all playing high stakes cash games which make the tourney buyins seem worthless. 10 grand is nothing. At the Bellagio mixed game that daniel plays in amongst others, bets are often capped at 10x this amount. btw for what its worth, Dan Harrington IS a supertight cash game player, and DOES make a comfortable living playing this way.

Meant to continue on last post, sorry. From Greensteins evaluation, it would appear that David Grey and Dan Harrington take the prize of being the tightest pro. Check under the loosest rating. I also thought Barry's comments about tight and abc style of play interesting under Grey's profile.