how can i ensure a fish that he is playing correctly

I was playing at pokerroom.com, and a player was berating another for making a few horrible calls. The calls were pretty terrible, but that's besides the point.My question is how do I ensure the caller/fish that he made the correct call? I obviously want him to continue playing the way he is, but I wasn't too sure how to go about doing just that. I tried to defend him to the berater, saying that he made a good play, but I'm sure there is a better way to go about it. Also, is there a way to tell the berater to "chill out" without making it obvious to everyone else?Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.

Just look in the mirror and chant:"Your the best. .. .AROUND,Nothings ever gonna keep you down. . . . ."over and over and bounce side to side. I do it all the time and then go back to Firepay and make a deposit and put on a new site with a first deposit bonus that I will never reach. :wall:

I was playing at pokerroom.com, and a player was berating another for making a few horrible calls. The calls were pretty terrible, but that's besides the point.My question is how do I ensure the caller/fish that he made the correct call? I obviously want him to continue playing the way he is, but I wasn't too sure how to go about doing just that. I tried to defend him to the berater, saying that he made a good play, but I'm sure there is a better way to go about it. Also, is there a way to tell the berater to "chill out" without making it obvious to everyone else?Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.
It's hard to not appear obvious, but I have found the best way is to say"(insert name), just ignore him...you're playing just fine.""To the other players...SHUT UP!!!"Another thing I've done is this:"guys..he's playing fine...HYPHOTHETICALLY...if he was a bad player, why would you want him to improve his game?" "See (insert name), you're actually playing properly...they want you to change your style so they can start winning."USUALLY (though there are idiots) the "experts" catch on and realize they're scaring away money.

Say it was a good call because of the pot-corrected implied odds. Nobody will question you, and if they do you can say that if they don't understand the theory behind it they should stfu.

Turn the attack on the attacker. If he's that steamed about some "bad" calls that ended up hitting, ask him pointedly if he's playing a little beyond what his bankroll can stand. This is especially fun if you're playing the micro limits. Not only will you get him to leave the bad player alone, you might even get him on tilt. Two birds with one stone= profit, and some laughs to boot.

Pooer ethics to try and lie to the fish to try and make him believe he's playing properly... that doesn't mean you should help him, it just means you're a jackass if you lie to him to keep him making bad calls...What I'd do in this situation, is just keep riding the guy who's pissed off. He's obviously already tiltable, just get on him... then when he's swearing like a banshee and going nuts, you just say, what a jackass... the fish will see that and think yeah he's a jackass and doesn't know what he's talking about... two birds with one stone, within my ethical boundaries :club:... of course ethical boundaries, are a personal thing, you make the call...***EDIT***ha just read the post above... cringe... great minds think alike... we must be right!

Thanks for the advice. I've already had an oppurtunity to use the "jackass" strategy, and it worked wonders. I had two other players join me in getting the "jackass" to shutup, and all without even having to tell the fish that he made a good call. Thanks again.

There is no other way to handle a fish than to let him be. If you berate him you may encourage him to get better (i.e.e read more etc...) By telling him that he played it great and such and such, you give him the idea that he is playing well and that will encourage himself to want to get even better.Just let them be.

since nobody else has, I'll make the required dickhead post... you want to ENSURE he keeps playing that way by ASSURING him... you can't "ensure him that he's..." unless you're speaking of that stuff for old people... but that, I don't know enough about.Class dismissed.

just type : nh  ....they love that
I totally agree with this. Just say nh and move on. Doyle actually addresses this issue in SS2. Basically he just says, Why would you ever want to let a fish know they are a fish?? If you berate him or talk stratagy in front of him you are just letting him know that there is stratagy out there and he may go out and learn it. In which case you are taking the money right out of your own pocket.