knowingly throw the winner away

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Im playing a thousand dollar nl holdem event and its early in the tournament. Im in the big blind with 67 off for 150. It gets raised to 300 and everyone folds to me and i call. The flop comes down 5 9 8 and i have the nuts. i check the flop he checks. i check the turn a K and he checks. i check the river a 2 and he checks. I decided to throw my hand in the muck for the 300 in chips so that the table didnt see my attempt at trapping. I think it was better to fold this small one to get some aggressive player later trying to by the pot.What do you think?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im playing a thousand dollar nl holdem event and its early in the tournament. Im in the big blind with 67 off for 150. It gets raised to 300 and everyone folds to me and i call. The flop comes down 5 9 8 and i have the nuts. i check the flop he checks. i check the turn a Q and he checks. i check the river a 2 and he checks. I decided to throw my hand in the muck for the 300 in chips so that the table didnt see my attempt at trapping. I think it was better to fold this small one to get some aggressive player later trying to by the pot.What do you think?
This is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

i personally wouldn't mind the table seeing that i'll check the nuts all the way down because it might deter them from bluffing later on. also, if you show them you checked it down, you could bet hard another big hand and they might be less inclined to put you on it.but i still would have bet somewhere.

Unless your psychic....this is damn near dumbest thing I've ever read. Put on your heat suit superhero.
Hahahaha heat suit... that's a good one.

Is this a joke? Are you kidding me? Wtf were you waiting for in the first place? Are you waiting for the kid to hit his free runner runner flush or for him to bluff for all his chips on the river? I'm sorry but I just don't see how this is a good move. If there were hole cameras the whole world would be laughing at you.

Guest Anonymous
Is this a joke? Are you kidding me? Wtf were you waiting for in the first place? Are you waiting for the kid to hit his free runner runner flush or for him to bluff for all his chips on the river? I'm sorry but I just don't see how this is a good move. If there were hole cameras the whole world would be laughing at you.
i have 40000 in chips the pot is 675 i have the stone cold nuts at the river i want him to bluff it i dont care about the 675 i want his entire stack
Im playing a thousand dollar nl holdem event and its early in the tournament. Im in the big blind with 67 off for 150. It gets raised to 300 and everyone folds to me and i call. The flop comes down 5 9 8 and i have the nuts. i check the flop he checks. i check the turn a Q and he checks. i check the river a 2 and he checks. I decided to throw my hand in the muck for the 300 in chips so that the table didnt see my attempt at trapping. I think it was better to fold this small one to get some aggressive player later trying to by the pot.What do you think?
This is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.
no, this ishttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...6fdb00e40b5d0b9
i have 40000 in chips the pot is 675 i have the stone cold nuts at the river i want him to bluff it i dont care about the 675 i want his entire stack
lol you dont have the nuts.
Unless he's the worst player in the world you aren't getting close to his entire stack. Now, if the roles were reversed i could see you losing all your chips cuz clearly you aren't very good.
Poker is a patient game, stop being in such a rush... I'm laughing right this moment, oh how I wish there were hole cameras.
Guest Anonymous
Unless he's the worst player in the world you aren't getting close to his entire stack. Now, if the roles were reversed i could see you losing all your chips cuz clearly you aren't very good.
i would love to play you heads up any day
i would love to play you heads up any day
I'm sure EVERYONE on this forum would play you heads up! :club:
Do you have a read on the guy? Would he bluff a significant portion of his chipstack on a river card that's in no way a scare card? Are there really that many stupid players playing 1k NL?