fcp logo contest update

On behalf of the FCP Logo Contest Committee, we can sum up our thoughts in one word - Overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with pride and joy and quite frankly the abundance of awesome logos. Sorry for not responding sooner to the many inquiries about the next steps in the evaluation process, but this has turned into a bigger project than we anticipated. The challenge now is choosing a winner from the many worthy submissions. We thought it would be easier than it is because we did not expect so many viable contenders. This is great problem to have . . . we are stoked. There has been some good debate about whether to have the FCP community vote on a pre-selection of logo finalists or whether it is best for the FCP Business Team to choose the ultimate winner. At this point, we are considering the possibility of both scenarios and two winners so to speak - adding a new and different prize package (albeit smaller in value). The grand prize would probably go to the winner selected by the Business Team. Hang in there with us, as we plan to make some decisions over the weekend and during the first of next week. We appreciate your patience and would like to be able to announce winners by the end of next week (maybe sooner). We were intentionally vague about what we were looking for and did not set strict parameters because we wanted to see what would happen if we opened the creative flood gates. What happened is we got a flood of unique and clever logos. Some of the logos, for example, will not win the competition but may be the genesis of a cool advertising campaign or print ad some day. And then there are some that won't win the competition but are hilarious and will be keepers for the scrapbook. Thanks to everyone who participated, and we will keep you posted throughout the week.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i don't win, i will kill myself and my ghost will haunt you forever....or until you meet up w/ evelyn ng. than i will follow her around for a little while, but rest asure i'll come back and i'll be haunting you forever!!!...or until you meet up w/ shana hiatt. btw, what's this fcp logo contest thingy and where do i sign up?

Hey Daniel, not that you need me to tell you this, but your decision to have the FCP Business Team choose the logo was a good idea. I have a little experience in this and there are a lot of aspects of a good logo that the general public is just not aware of. For example, there were quite a few logos that I just thought looked great, but were not scalable. In other words, they looked great in large, on-screen pictures, but simply were too complicated or detailed to be able to scale down to 1/4" to be put on a business card. Just kicking in my opinion.

Any chance at putting all of the submitted logos in the Photo Gallery?
Or maybe just the good ones......Also i would support having the buiness team pick the winner, bc politics might get in the way of having the best choice if we were left to vote. For example, Smash wouldnt get a fair shake bc he's pretty much insulted every person in this forum at one time or another.
Any chance at putting all of the submitted logos in the Photo Gallery?
Or maybe just the good ones......Also i would support having the buiness team pick the winner, bc politics might get in the way of having the best choice if we were left to vote. For example, Smash wouldnt get a fair shake bc he's pretty much insulted every person in this forum at one time or another.
Yeah, we should probably protect smash :club: lolDon't know if his writing skills carried over into graphic design. I know mine didn't. I wanted to do something for this, but I didn't know where to start.

Thanks for the update i can sleep now put down the stale bag of cheesepuffs and diet pepsi an sleep instead of clicking my email 5 times a minute. Nuch appreciated.Jason Bo

so i take it that if we didn't get an email either way by now, it's not looking good?
I wouldnt say that. I've gotten a GREAT forum response to my logo ( see av ) and I haven't gotten any emails either. I'm still keeping my hopes high :club:

DCSports92GSR, I think your design/avatar is really good. I haven't gone through the full 25+ pages on the original post to see all the submitted entries but from this page I think yours is top notch.

so i take it that if we didn't get an email either way by now, it's not looking good?
I wouldnt say that. I've gotten a GREAT forum response to my logo ( see av ) and I haven't gotten any emails either. I'm still keeping my hopes high :club:
Yea dc I would be suprized yours were not in the running. One of my favorites.

sounds good to me. makes sense. now we wait.I just want t-shirts before the main event. I had hoped for KEM cards... but that probably won't happen til Fall or Winter of 2005.

The Avatar thing is a great way to see the entries. Shows scaleability also.Is that how you spell scaleability?
No, it's scalability. Most people would flame here, but I'm just looking to help out the less grammatically gifted. Is that how you spell grammatically?

I can't say that I've been overly impressed with a lot of the logos that I've seen submitted. While many are technically sound, they lack character. For a generic poker site (such as cardplayer etc.) they're great - polished, appealing - but this site to me is more about Negreanu than just poker strategy and discussion. I'm currently treeplanting and had only one day on a laptop in the middle of the bush to throw something together, so I'm not really expecting them to fall head over heels in love with mine, but I really hope the logo they go with conveys character, otherwise what was the point of the competition?

There is a reason for the logo goose... we just don't know it. I still predict its a new FCP Poker Site (Since he gave the goodbye to Poker Mountain).Good Luck,Gov