what is the deal with annie duke?

I would. I don't like her. Just like I don't like Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh. Just like I don't like a bunch of politicians no matter what party. Just like I don't like Barry Bonds. Just like I don't like Kobe Bryant. Just like I don't like people who judge me because I have formed an opinion of someone through observations, as they are from time to time in the spotlight. If I had to meet everyone in order to decide whether I thought I liked them or not, I would never ever vote in any censored election because I haven't met a single god damned one of them.
Yeah, I honestly completely misread your original statement. TOTALLY missed the point there. Sometimes; I'm simply not smart. Thats why I deleted my post; I was wayyyyyyyy off base.......My apologies sir.........
But the fact ofthe matter is, Phil Hellmuth has 9 Hold'Em bracelets, including a mainevent win. How many Hold'Em bracelets do Annie Duke and Howard Ledererhave combined? ZERO.
holdem bracelets..none. but they do have 3 WSOP bracelets. that's what matters. hellmuth is a great player, but do you ever see him do well in many events other than holdem??? He is a great holdem player..but at all the other games, compared to howard and duke, i think he is dominated in most
But the fact ofthe matter is, Phil Hellmuth has 9 Hold'Em bracelets, including a mainevent win. How many Hold'Em bracelets do Annie Duke and Howard Ledererhave combined? ZERO.
holdem bracelets..none. but they do have 3 WSOP bracelets. that's what matters. hellmuth is a great player, but do you ever see him do well in many events other than holdem??? He is a great holdem player..but at all the other games, compared to howard and duke, i think he is dominated in most
not sure what that post proved....are you saying you think howard/annie are better than phil??
Yeah probably. But that's why i was referring to hold' em. Also, 3 bracelets combined, for their reputation is really quite pathetic. Possibly the 2 most over rated tournament players in the world. Don't get me wrong they're great players, Immensely better then i am. But to say they're anywhere within the same league as Phil in NLH is absurd. Also from what i know, Phil doesn't compete in any other events except for hold' em. Probably why he excels so much at Hold' em due to concentrating 100% on it.
ok, i have read two of your posts and i have to say ...your a doucheclown...
Iveyfan, I've been lurking around here a lot lately, and I've noticed something:Most of your posts involve quoting the original post in a thread, and then calling the OP a "douche" or throwing in a two-bit comment that very easily could have gone without being said. I just thought I'd point out, from a newbie perspective, I don't think you do much to contribute to these forums. Have a nice day. :-)
ok, i have read two of your posts and i have to say ...your a doucheclown...
Iveyfan, I've been lurking around here a lot lately, and I've noticed something:Most of your posts involve quoting the original post in a thread, and then calling the OP a "douche" or something to this effect. I just thought I'd point out, from a newbie perspective, I don't think you do much to contribute to these forums. Have a nice day. :-)
actually, thats the first time i have ever used that term..so wrong....as far as not contributing much, i never claimed to be the messiah of the forum...i do love reading all of your informative posts....whenever they start, let me know....ok thanks...bye bye...

Hehe. See, you're helping me prove my point. All your posts are just putting down other members. I'd like to see you help contribute to a thread sometime. That's all. With over a 1,000 posts, I'd expect you to be someone who is constantly providing pertinant information in threads and helping people out. Instead you just say things like "wake me up when you start making good posts", etc, etc. Maybe if you stopped being so insecure about the fact that you're not very smart, and actually did something about it; you wouldn't have to hide behind a bunch of put-downs and sarcastic comments.

Hehe. See, you're helping me prove my point. All your posts are just putting down other members. I'd like to see you help contribute to a thread sometime. That's all. With over a 1,000 posts, I'd expect you to be someone who is constantly providing pertinant information in threads and helping people out. Instead you just say things like "wake me up when you start making good posts", etc, etc. Maybe if you stopped being so insecure about the fact that you're not very smart, and actually did something about it; you wouldn't have to hide behind a bunch of put-downs and sarcastic comments.
actually , you singled me out...i was just defending myself...however if my stupid uninformative posts bother you, please try not to read them , i would hate to lower your i.q by having you read my drivel....

Jealousy will get you nowhere!Annie is an awesome poker player, who cares if she pees sitting down. How many of you guys talking crap would want her at your table!ANNIE RULES

Having had the chance to talk "shop" with Annie for over an hour, I find her to be a funny and insightful player. She can be arrogant, but her thought process when it comes to a hand is amazing. She might not be the best, but she is pretty damn good.

teneight wrote:Cory wrote:But the fact ofthe matter is, Phil Hellmuth has 9 Hold'Em bracelets, including a mainevent win. How many Hold'Em bracelets do Annie Duke and Howard Ledererhave combined? ZERO.holdem bracelets..none. but they do have 3 WSOP bracelets. that's what matters. hellmuth is a great player, but do you ever see him do well in many events other than holdem??? He is a great holdem player..but at all the other games, compared to howard and duke, i think he is dominated in mostYeah probably. But that's why i was referring to hold' em. Also, 3 bracelets combined, for their reputation is really quite pathetic. Possibly the 2 most over rated tournament players in the world. Don't get me wrong they're great players, Immensely better then i am. But to say they're anywhere within the same league as Phil in NLH is absurd.Also from what i know, Phil doesn't compete in any other events except for hold' em. Probably why he excels so much at Hold' em due to concentrating 100% on it.
Weren't we specifically talking about hold em? And if Howard and Annie were better than Hellmuth in so many games than shouldn't their performance greatly outweigh his? Correct me if I'm wrong but the hold em fields tend to be much larger as well. If you are trying to argue that Howard and Annie are better than Hellmuth then matching their combined 3 bracelets to his 9 is not the best way to do so.
teneight wrote:Cory wrote:But the fact ofthe matter is, Phil Hellmuth has 9 Hold'Em bracelets, including a mainevent win. How many Hold'Em bracelets do Annie Duke and Howard Ledererhave combined? ZERO.holdem bracelets..none. but they do have 3 WSOP bracelets. that's what matters. hellmuth is a great player, but do you ever see him do well in many events other than holdem??? He is a great holdem player..but at all the other games, compared to howard and duke, i think he is dominated in mostYeah probably. But that's why i was referring to hold' em. Also, 3 bracelets combined, for their reputation is really quite pathetic. Possibly the 2 most over rated tournament players in the world. Don't get me wrong they're great players, Immensely better then i am. But to say they're anywhere within the same league as Phil in NLH is absurd.Also from what i know, Phil doesn't compete in any other events except for hold' em. Probably why he excels so much at Hold' em due to concentrating 100% on it.
Weren't we specifically talking about hold em? And if Howard and Annie were better than Hellmuth in so many games than shouldn't their performance greatly outweigh his? Correct me if I'm wrong but the hold em fields tend to be much larger as well. If you are trying to argue that Howard and Annie are better than Hellmuth then matching their combined 3 bracelets to his 9 is not the best way to do so.
hellmuth has 48 cashes in the wsop and believe it or not, most of them were not holdem even some very high cashes like a 2nd to scotty nguyen in omaha hi-lo.

MMMMMMm....In all honesty... I do like Annie Duke... however, I feel that Jennifer Harman and Kathy Liebert are better players.I don't understand all the bashing... maybe because Daniel and Annie have had a less than desirable past. I think that they have both grown up since then.When each and everyone one of you enters the events at the WSOP and any other tourny ( which you can't because you don't have the bankroll).... then you have the right to criticize. But until then .....GROW UP and move on to something that matters. :roll:

When each and everyone one of you enters the events at the WSOP and any other tourny ( which you can't because you don't have the bankroll).... then you have the right to criticize. But until then .....GROW UP and move on to something that matters. :roll:
not everyone here plays .50/1.00 limit.

Dear annie duke, You are a millionaire. You have money to buy a new set of clothes for each day. So don't where the same damn thing every day.

I give Annie alot of credit with her play and raising a family with her husband. She definately isn't the strongest player on the tour, but she is far from the weakest. I'd rate her somewhere in the middle of my top 20 women. As for her spat with Daniel and her, things happen betwen people that are none of our business. Yes it's entertaining, but those 2 are human beings too...JMHO,Mike BHealeydays

Here's the reason why i have a disliking for Annie Duke:The past few days, I've been browsing through some archived WSOP coverage(journals, reports, video, audio, etc) and after looking at a lot ofstuff, I'm really shocked at how Annie Duke came across as a total censored,and there's really no other way of saying it. I don't know if otherpeople already knew about the deal with her in the WSOP (I didn't followit extremely closely day to day, I would mostly just look at the chipcounts), but it was pretty pathetic.The first thing I read about her was from Dave Scharf's WSOP journal (guywho got pretty far in the tournament, was crippled in an all-in handagainst Dan Harrington where he was almost a 2-1 favorite). After Davedoubled Annie up after making an all-in bluff against her on the turnafter she had flopped top two pair, Annie didn't win with grace, as sheapparently stood up, walked over to the ESPN cameras and boasted how shehad "taken Dave to school". Of course, they would never show anythinglike this because they portray Annie to be a complete angel, whereas theytarget and feast on other players like Josh Arieh. Then at the nextbreak, she was reportedly again putting down Dave's play right in front ofhim while she was talking with Gus Hansen.So what does Dave do? He came right back and murdered her in a pot whereshe left 2/3 of her chips on the table when she folded to his all-in bet.Dave showed his bottom pair and flush draw to Annie, and you know shecouldn't have liked it.So after this Annie was down to 25k of the 75k she started the hand with.In a three-way pot she played shortly after this, the 456 flop was checkedaround and a 5 hit the turn, whereupon she bluffed all-in with KQ. Oneplayer folded, and another made an absolutely brilliant call on her withAQ after a long dwell-up. I mean, he was staring at a 25k-ish bet into a15k pot with one to come and AQ high and he called her. If I was AnnieDuke, I'd just have to shake my head and admit I got outplayed.But did Annie Duke do that? Of course not. After losing her entiretournament in essentially two pots to players who completely ravaged herwith their superior play, she did an interview with the Gutshot Collective(www.gutshot.co.uk), where she said something along the lines of, "Therewere some real inexperienced players this year. I bluffed all in with KQon a ragged board and some guy called me with AQ. Obviously, noexperienced player would make this call. I mean, everyone was telling me,'That was such a great bluff, I can't believe he called you!'" (this quoteis from memory, because the video file is currently down on the website).Now, this was a completely stupid thing to say, and it stands in starkcontrast with what appears in Phil Hellmuth's article entitled "2004 WSOPEliminations" where Annie Duke is quoted as saying, "... kudos to him formaking a tough call." Clearly, she was just trying to cover for herinappropriate behavior which was recorded in Scharf's journal and on theGutshot Collective site.What's most amazing about this whole thing is how Annie's actions mirrorthose of a player she constantly needles, Phil Hellmuth. Phil is ofcourse known for berating players when they make what he views as "stupid"plays, but they are often cases of others simply outplaying him. WhatAnnie did to Scharf and whoever made the call on her with AQ is the exactsame thing. She was clearly feeling pretty down about getting so badlyoutplayed, so she took out her frustration by insulting other players.How childish is that?Speaking of which, watching the interaction between the players at theWSOP TOC reveals even more about this whole mess. Throughout the wholeevent, Annie Duke was constantly taking her shots at Phil. For example,when Phil asked the table if he was being too slow due to Doyle Brunson'scomments about Phil "posing for the camera", Annie Duke responded, "What,do you mean mentally slow?"I really get a kick out of Annie Duke's critique of Phil's play, becausequite honestly, she is the far inferior player. Howard Lederer and AnnieDuke were insulting Phil incessantly, and they can get away with itbecause ESPN is in love with them for whatever reason. But the fact ofthe matter is, Phil Hellmuth has 9 Hold'Em bracelets, including a mainevent win. How many Hold'Em bracelets do Annie Duke and Howard Ledererhave combined? ZERO. This brings up the question of why those two wereeven invited to participate in the TOC, but that's a whole other issuealtogether.Another interesting situation showing Annie's bitter side is her pokerrelationship with Daniel Negreanu. When watching FOX Sport's coverage ofChampionship Poker at the Plaza when Daniel and Annie were sitting at thesame table, it was pretty obvious that Daniel was just destroying her(along with all of the other players). That particular tournament had anunprecedentally slow blind structure and special short-handed tableshalfway through the tournament to the finish, an environment in whichDaniel Negreanu will tear through the field with a vengeance. He isundeniably the best tournament player in the world right now (and fromwhat I've heard, the best side-game player as well), but don't tell thatto Annie Duke. She was her usual incessantly chatty self at the table,but didn't seem to be taking too kindl to Daniel at all. In fact, at theTOC, she even made a remark when Daniel showed down his 57s against her KKin an AIPF situation when she was short-stacked that "Daniel gets luckywith those hands more than anyone else". Not too long after that, Danielcame out with a CardPlayer article detailing a hand in which he absolutelydestroyed Annie Duke with... you guessed it, 75s high on the flop. Hmm...Overall, it just seems to me like Annie Duke is a self-conscious playerwho wants to believe she's a better player than she really is. She seemsto believe that she's the best female tournament player in the world(actually, in the WSOP broadcast, she blatantly says that), evidenced byher refusal to play in the Ladies' Limit Hold'Em event this year. Shethen of course got all the coverage in the world when she won her firstbracelet, but Annie, I've got news for you, you're still behind NaniDollinson, Jennifer Harman, Barbara Enright, and Susie Isaacs in thatdepartment.Also, Annie Duke is not a "stone babe" (ultimatebet.com), she's ugly.The End.
This forum is about originality man dont copy and paste other peoples work and pawn it off as your own
Then at the next break, she was reportedly again putting down Dave's play right in front of him while she was talking with Gus Hansen.
First of all, she wasn't doing it in front of him on purpose. he just happened to catch her in the act. Secondly, what poker player wouldn't go over their big pots with a friend during a tournament break? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Now, this was a completely stupid thing to say, and it stands in stark contrast with what appears in Phil Hellmuth's article entitled "2004 WSOP Eliminations" where Annie Duke is quoted as saying, "... kudos to him for making a tough call." Clearly, she was just trying to cover for her inappropriate behavior which was recorded in Scharf's journal and on the Gutshot Collective site.
Yeah, that's the ticket... she was trying to "cover it up." Maybe she was just... oh... I dunno... angry about being called down by ace high and swept up by the moment? She's only human you know. You'd be equally upset I'm sure. Obviously after she cooled down and thought it over, she realized he might have had a good read on her instead if just being a donk. It's not like she was the only player to point out how many amateurs were there either. That was even Daniel's main argument regarding why he lost so quickly, that he didn't adjust properly to all the amateurs.
Speaking of which, watching the interaction between the players at the WSOP TOC reveals even more about this whole mess. Throughout the whole event, Annie Duke was constantly taking her shots at Phil. For example, when Phil asked the table if he was being too slow due to Doyle Brunson's comments about Phil "posing for the camera", Annie Duke responded, "What, do you mean mentally slow?"
Whoever wrote this needs to go back and watch that again, because Phil stars the whole thing by comparing Lederer to an amateur and being the general ass he always is. He deserved all of the needling they could muster. Lederer especially was only responding to Phil's asshattery.
She was her usual incessantly chatty self at the table,but didn't seem to be taking too kindl to Daniel at all.
Could this possibly be because he went out of his way to publicly bash her in brutally vulgar ways? I wonder...
Overall, it just seems to me like Annie Duke is a self-conscious player who wants to believe she's a better player than she really is.
So what are you saying, she's over-confident? That she wants to be better than she actually is? OH MY GOD, THAT IS ENTIRELY UNHEARD OF AMONG POKER PROS! SHE MUST BE A WITCH OF SOME SORT!