Random Observations

Yeah, I mostly see people playing in our downtown core, but in Halifax, that isn't a dangerous proposition, as our downtown is mostly pedestrian areas. Every street is one-way, and anyone driving here is used to pedestrians crossing any and everywhere. But I do see a lot of people wandering around with their heads down in busy areas.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they used the same technology and applied Zelda screen, I would be walking the streets stoned looking for pyramids, swords, and potions!

I just got back from visiting a good friend in palliative care. She's been battling lung cancer for the last few years. The battle is almost over and she's not going to win...   All she wanted me to

I was actually going through kijiji a couple of days ago Was going to list my old clubs since I don't need them anymore. Saw an ad that requested old clubs for special olympics. Contacted the guy a

I worked yesterday and the number of people playing that game is actually mind boggling. And people are gonna get killed. I know that's probably victim blaming, but someone needs to stop these idiots before they hurt themselves.

Pokemon Go player in Innisfil almost hit by driver also playing Pokemon Go

and then who at the police station was like "oh yeah, this is newsworthy, ALERT THE PRESS"

and then somebody had to take this to their editor, and they were like "Yup, run with it, front page"

and then who at the police station was like "oh yeah, this is newsworthy, ALERT THE PRESS"

and then somebody had to take this to their editor, and they were like "Yup, run with it, front page"

scanner pick up almost for sure. By cp24

I play very little. Limited data. But you don't even need to look at your screen. I turn it on and hold it and just walk. When a Pokemon appears my phone vibrates. I stop, capture, then move along with my phone down at my side.

I play very little. Limited data. But you don't even need to look at your screen. I turn it on and hold it and just walk. When a Pokemon appears my phone vibrates. I stop, capture, then move along with my phone down at my side.

please dont take this badly, but Im just wondering....why? Why play thee game, why try to find pokemon?

let me put it this way.....I justify my stupid hockey pool geekathons by saying I love the comraderie of the guys in the pool, I love the competition, its a fun escape/hobby and it adds to my viewing of hockey. I assume 90% of the public would call me weird, and wonder why I waste so much time on it, and they wont understand why I love it and enjoy it.

So help me understand why sooo many people are playing Pokemon Go. I dont get it. :(

please dont take this badly, but Im just wondering....why? Why play thee game, why try to find pokemon?

let me put it this way.....I justify my stupid hockey pool geekathons by saying I love the comraderie of the guys in the pool, I love the competition, its a fun escape/hobby and it adds to my viewing of hockey. I assume 90% of the public would call me weird, and wonder why I waste so much time on it, and they wont understand why I love it and enjoy it.

So help me understand why sooo many people are playing Pokemon Go. I dont get it. :(

they want to get their pasty white bodies out of the house and get some exercise, or so somebody said on the interweb

I play it for the same reason I play Clash of Clans or Candy Crush or anything like that. I don't have a good reason...but it's the same one? And it actually gets me up and out, so that's nice.

they want to get their pasty white bodies out of the house and get some exercise, or so somebody said on the interweb

to be a little more serious I was outside my condo at about 11PM on Saturday night around the Scarborough Civic Centre area and there were far more people outside than normal. A lot of them were groups of 3 or 4 people with their phones out talking and having a blast together. Seemed like a good healthy way to socialize on a nice Saturday night without spending money.

I don't play it, but it obviously must be fun/addicting as it's practically taking over the world. I mean, you've got 6 year old kids and 40 year old men playing it with the same enthusiasm, they are obviously on to something. I think the backlash and anger over it is very curmudgeony (is that a word?) and silly.

Can't now but will explain later.

Not sure if it's nationwide but T-Mobile had a promotion that they are giving one year of Pokemon data free. So the data doesn't count against you

I don't take offense so no issue there.

First off I don't think I really play. Unless the Pokemon is on my house I'm usually missing it. In the game you get eggs and you have to walk a certain distance to open it. I can check that I've walked a total of 1.22 km. I think that makes me as casual as casual can be.

2ndly I don't necessarily have a clue wtf I'm

Doing. It's so bad that I'm often texting with Biatch on what to do with all my Pokemon. I'm lvl 7. He's like lvl 22 and is on the top of like 3 gyms. He's the one you need to ask.

3rd, I'm a gamer. I play video games every day. Not long or all day but I will unwind at the end of the day and play. Some people go for walks. Some read a book. Some sit on back porch with a beer and relax. Some go work on their yard. I play games. I love games. Solo games or getting online with my friends and playing a competive game. So I do understand the draw of poke go since its part of my "culture" I guess. Pokemon though was never a game I played.

My daughter loves to play. I find myself walking with her for 30 mins at night I just stand there and wonder why grow ups play

Actually this maybe a way to lose weight.

2ndly I don't necessarily have a clue wtf I'm

Doing. It's so bad that I'm often texting with Biatch on what to do with all my Pokemon. I'm lvl 7. He's like lvl 22 and is on the top of like 3 gyms. He's the one you need to ask.

thanks Steve!

for me, this part made a lot of sense. (well, your whole answer did, but I am quoting this part specifically because O can understand how people might try to get to higher levels, and use that as some kind of competition/social interaction with others.

im kind of guessing at a lot of the "how" you play this game, but I guess thanks to you guys and some others, I have a greater understanding of the why.