Random Observations

Why exactly does the federal reserve even need ownership?

It's a central bank right? Is the Bank of Canada owned by anybody?

The BoC began as a privately owned corporation but after about 4 years it was designated a federal crown corporation.

As for the Federal Reserve...

Someone has to own it because who else would profit from creating a $100 bill out of thin air that costs 4 cents to print and then lending the $100 to the US government and charging interest on the $100?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they used the same technology and applied Zelda screen, I would be walking the streets stoned looking for pyramids, swords, and potions!

I just got back from visiting a good friend in palliative care. She's been battling lung cancer for the last few years. The battle is almost over and she's not going to win...   All she wanted me to

I was actually going through kijiji a couple of days ago Was going to list my old clubs since I don't need them anymore. Saw an ad that requested old clubs for special olympics. Contacted the guy a

Conspiracy theory for my buddy Dale. Heard this from someone today.

The government or whoever is pulling the strings releases Pokemon Go as a way of deflecting all the bad news and issues with race relations. Now everyone is playing it and not talking about the bad shit.

I can't explain how big this thing is here. Everyone I mean everyone is playing it

It has some truth to it, but Pokémon Go is Nintendo's thing is it not? Although I would almost guarantee that the NSA loves it ;)

People are already being distracted and manipulated by main stream media. I bet more people know more about Justin Bieber or Kim Kardashian than they do about the Rothschilds or Paul Warburg. People are mostly ignorant zombies and it's not by accident.

Call it conspiracy theory, make mention of tin-foil hats or laugh off Bilderberg rumours...whatever... The world is controlled by who makes the money. Those people want a globalist economy...a global currency. It's gonna happen eventually. Call me crazy...doesn't make me wrong.

It has some truth to it, but Pokémon Go is Nintendo's thing is it not? Although I would almost guarantee that the NSA loves it ;)

People are already being distracted and manipulated by main stream media. I bet more people know more about Justin Bieber or Kim Kardashian than they do about the Rothschilds or Paul Warburg. People are mostly ignorant zombies and it's not by accident.

Call it conspiracy theory, make mention of tin-foil hats or laugh off Bilderberg rumours...whatever... The world is controlled by who makes the money. Those people want a globalist economy...a global currency. It's gonna happen eventually. Call me crazy...doesn't make me wrong.

I don't think you are crazy. Lot of the conspiracies I find fascinating. While I don't believe a lot of stuff I can understand and appreciate the theories. Also a lot of what you say is logical and makes sense

Man the situation in Turkey is insane. My in laws are booked to go in a couple of weeks and my mom is going in September. Not sure if they will cancel or not

Man the situation in Turkey is insane. My in laws are booked to go in a couple of weeks and my mom is going in September. Not sure if they will cancel or not

I was wondering when the military was going to take action. They view themselves as the guardians of the country against the politicians and I know I don't have to tell you that they aren't shy about taking over.

Erdogan has been becoming pretty dictatorial and is a pretty big narcissist

I was wondering when the military was going to take action. They view themselves as the guardians of the country against the politicians and I know I don't have to tell you that they aren't shy about taking over.

Erdogan has been becoming pretty dictatorial and is a pretty big narcissist

and for once these are actually the reasons. The Turkish military historically don't want to hold power but they do want to have the last say on whether the elected government can keep power

The Associated Press ‏@AP 19m19 minutes ago

BREAKING: Military statement read on Turkish state TV: Armed forces have seized power, citing rising autocratic rule, increased terrorism.

Richard N. Haass ‏@RichardHaass 19m19 minutes ago

Turkey coup presents dilemma to US, Europe govts: do you support non-democratic coup vs increasingly non-democratic authoritarian leader?

As someone who has some close ties and family in Turkey I think getting rid of Erdogan is a very good thing. I just don't like the way it's going down. I hope innocent people don't get hurt or killed.

Bob posts really explain the situation well, from what I know and have learned about my birthplace over the years.

The military really never wants to hold power, they just want to make sure that the country isnt taken over by a dictator, or fall back into the dark ages of Turkey.

Its so silly for me to say this, but most times, the military agenda I have agreed with, even if I totally disagree with its actions' total lack of democratic values.

There are so many issues to all this though, that no way can it be explained using this forum or twitter or fb or any other social media.

There are so many issues to all this though, that no way can it be explained using this forum or twitter or fb or any other social media.

The average North American really has no clue how big and complex and important a country Turkey is. I have the advantage of taking as one of my electives at U of T a course on the Modern Middle East that included studying Turkey. That and I read The Economist and Foreign Affairs.

2016 Ladies and Gentlemen

The WorldPostVerified account

‏@TheWorldPost

The Bosphorus bridge in Turkey is lit for the victims of France attack while Turkey's military is attempting a coup.

Cnb6w-KXYAASPvc.jpg

• Like 1

The average North American really has no clue how big and complex and important a country Turkey is. I have the advantage of taking as one of my electives at U of T a course on the Modern Middle East that included studying Turkey. That and I read The Economist and Foreign Affairs.

I used to read the Economist a lot in my younger days. I sort of miss it, and I sort of don't miss it at all.

I find it sad that more and more, I am finding it tougher to use my free time for true learning, and instead just vegging and trying to destress.

When I was 20/30 I would read things like the Economist as just something to do for 30min. Now, Id rather veg to some useless sports update, flick thru twitter for 30min, or watch a rerun of some tv show I could care less about.

At this point in my life, I am genuinely too lazy to think while on my "break".

• Like 1

This sums it up pretty well I'm afraid.

David Frum ‏@davidfrum 17m17 minutes ago

Anti-democratic coup in Turkey thwarted. Anti-democratic government will now brutally suppress its enemies.

This sums it up pretty well I'm afraid.

David Frum ‏@davidfrum 17m17 minutes ago

Anti-democratic coup in Turkey thwarted. Anti-democratic government will now brutally suppress its enemies.

and the counter-coup has begun. Erdogan is going to be worse than ever.

Benjamin HarveyVerified account

‏@BenjaminHarvey Benjamin Harvey Retweeted ANADOLU AJANSI

Immediate start to Turkey's post-coup purges: 2,745 judges removed from their jobs

If Erdogan orchestrated this coup himself he is way more dangerous than it would appear.

Not sure I buy the theories that he did , but man that's some messed up stuff if he did.

If Erdogan orchestrated this coup himself he is way more dangerous than it would appear.

Not sure I buy the theories that he did , but man that's some messed up stuff if he did.

I don't buy into the conspiracy that he did it himself but for sure he is very dangerous and will use the coup to his advantage.