2016 Nhl Playoffs

I was legitimately depressed for at least 3 days after the Leafs blew that 4-1 3rd period lead in game 7 against the Bruins.

lol, I swear, I thought of you/Leafs fans in general when I wrote that Zach wouldnt wallow for long.

I'm assuming (just assuming) its easier to "get over it" quickly since Zach's team won the Cup like.....3 weeks ago.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burns' beard is incredible and I won't hear anything else on the subject.

That was beyond words amazing. What a night. So much to share with you guys, but too spent to do it right now. But here's one snapshot: when Sid carried the cup into the dressing room, he set it up in

Ya I found that a little hard to believe when I read it, to be honest with you.

lol, I swear, I thought of you/Leafs fans in general when I wrote that Zach wouldnt wallow for long.

I'm assuming (just assuming) its easier to "get over it" quickly since Zach's team won the Cup like.....3 weeks ago.

Yeah, but I felt the same in 08 when they lost.

Rationalized it by saying they lost to a better team and they were still really young.

cool article from The Ringer, Bill Simmons' new website, about Phil Kessel and Joe Thornton: https://theringer.com/stanley-cup-final-sharks-penguins-joe-thornton-phil-kessel-5542a919c1cb#.xualy9864

Also, reading this and thinking about it a little more, I'm really happy with this finals matchup and will be happy for whoever wins.

Sharks: Obvious reasons. Seeing Thornton and Marleau lift the cup would be really awesome, also James Reimer, even though he hasn't played.

Penguins: Kessel first and foremost. Secondly, I think this feels important for the Pens even though they've been here before. Seems like a second cup would really cement Crosby's legacy, even though I don't think it needs cementing.

I haven't even finsihed the article, but I really liked this line, and I think I have felt this way about people/players like Kessel+Thornton most of my adult life:

To consider Phil Kessel or Joe Thornton is to submit to a hockey Rorschach: What you see almost always says more about you than it does about the ink on the page.

• Like 1

I haven't even finsihed the article, but I really liked this line, and I think I have felt this way about people/players like Kessel+Thornton most of my adult life:

To consider Phil Kessel or Joe Thornton is to submit to a hockey Rorschach: What you see almost always says more about you than it does about the ink on the page.

That's really awesome.

Why in the world is there talk of trading Malkin while he and his team are in the finals, up 1-0?

Because just the Cup Final alone isn't getting enough interest (read, $$$$) , and people are gullible enough to believe whatever the media cooks up.

I think....

cool article from The Ringer, Bill Simmons' new website, about Phil Kessel and Joe Thornton: https://theringer.com/stanley-cup-final-sharks-penguins-joe-thornton-phil-kessel-5542a919c1cb#.xualy9864

Also, reading this and thinking about it a little more, I'm really happy with this finals matchup and will be happy for whoever wins.

Sharks: Obvious reasons. Seeing Thornton and Marleau lift the cup would be really awesome, also James Reimer, even though he hasn't played.

Penguins: Kessel first and foremost. Secondly, I think this feels important for the Pens even though they've been here before. Seems like a second cup would really cement Crosby's legacy, even though I don't think it needs cementing.

great piece, read it this morning Have always loved Katie Baker's stuff.

I liked this quote, segueing from the story about Thornton's quote about what he would do if he got 4 goals into the story about Simmons' dumb hot dog story:

"Not to be outdone, Kessel, too, recently found himself at the center of a ridiculous subplot involving cylindrical meat"

Go Sharks... I think? Fack.

4-0 win would be ok, but I def wouldn't be able to enjoy it fully since I've got game 5 tickets in hand.

2-2 would be less good, but I'd go to a huge game... fack fack fack.

I guess 3-0, then forfeit game 4, and win game 5 and we're all good. :)

Stealing from Zach on twitter, but the passing around of the cup among players on the ice is just incredible. Probably my favourite sports tradition (though I do find it a bit odd when they get so picky about service time and things like that and someone like Trevor Daley gets it second). I love each player taking the cup home in the offseason almost as much.

Maybe with Chris' somewhat unique position he can get another tradition starter - embed a writer with the cup for the offseason, and give us stories of each player's cup visit. It can be a total fluff exercise for all I care, I would read that book/blog/whatever.