2016 Nhl Playoffs

That was beyond words amazing. What a night. So much to share with you guys, but too spent to do it right now. But here's one snapshot: when Sid carried the cup into the dressing room, he set it up in the corner and then he dispensed the drinks of the cup like a priest giving communion. He selected the person to drink next, filled the cup with drink, and then lifted it and poured it into the persons mouth. He did that for an hour. Amazing.

• Like 2
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burns' beard is incredible and I won't hear anything else on the subject.

That was beyond words amazing. What a night. So much to share with you guys, but too spent to do it right now. But here's one snapshot: when Sid carried the cup into the dressing room, he set it up in

Ya I found that a little hard to believe when I read it, to be honest with you.

Stealing from Zach on twitter, but the passing around of the cup among players on the ice is just incredible. Probably my favourite sports tradition (though I do find it a bit odd when they get so picky about service time and things like that and someone like Trevor Daley gets it second). I love each player taking the cup home in the offseason almost as much.

Maybe with Chris' somewhat unique position he can get another tradition starter - embed a writer with the cup for the offseason, and give us stories of each player's cup visit. It can be a total fluff exercise for all I care, I would read that book/blog/whatever.

Did you read why Daley got it second?

Sid said that Daley's mom is sick with cancer, not doing well, and her wish was to see him raise the cup. Combined with the injury luck and that he was such an important part of the team's turnaround, he makes a lot of sense.

Dupuis third was great too.

Thought it was interesting to see Fleury get it before Murray too. Fleury kind of shook his head when Dupuis tried to pass it to him. Lol

Oh, and apparently Daley just said "no" when Sid told him he'd be number 2.

• Like 1

ah, well I didn't know that was why Daley was number 2. Reasonable, certainly. Change everything I said to being about Dupuis being #3 lol. I'm not saying it's wrong, just a funny hockey quirk to see guys like that get it based on other considerations, as opposed to what would happen in other sports.

ah, well I didn't know that was why Daley was number 2. Reasonable, certainly. Change everything I said to being about Dupuis being #3 lol. I'm not saying it's wrong, just a funny hockey quirk to see guys like that get it based on other considerations, as opposed to what would happen in other sports.

Why not Dupuis? He's a huge part of the team, and stayed as part of the team after being forced to retire due to blood clotting issues this season. He's a fan favorite and everyone in the room loves him.

I don't really understand the objection.

It isn't really an objection. If I was a bigger hockey fan, I'd probably even say it was endearing. Compare it to other sports - you wouldn't see someone getting it for a 'human interest' situation or even something like service time, unless it was a huge exception. You'd see the star players get it first - the QB, the starting pitcher, etc. I like the hockey way - it certainly has the charm and Canadian-ness to it. The counter-argument, that someone like Letang "deserves" it more or did more to get it than Dupuis is a decent one, though not really consistent with the mentality that a group who has just won a team sport championship usually has.

Great stuff guys, and interesting to note the Daley thing. I got home late last night to catch the 3rd and the Cup stuff. I agree with Danny, hockey has some traditions you just gotta love.

I have a great video I'll try to figure out how to post. Sid walking into the party back at the hotel carrying the cup. With a look in his face the whole time that just screams 'oh, yeah, that's right, this thing? Yah, just won it.

• Like 1

I have a great video I'll try to figure out how to post. Sid walking into the party back at the hotel carrying the cup. With a look in his face the whole time that just screams 'oh, yeah, that's right, this thing? Yah, just won it.

I'm guessing easiest way is to post it to You Tube and then post the link.

Anyone have any idea how to watch All Access: Quest for the Stanley Cup in Canada?

Episode 1 is online, but can't find any others.

I'm willing to pay, or watch it illegally.