2016 Nhl Playoffs

They also ignored an obvious call against the Caps (but not one I'd expect them to call against the team trailing late in a close game...

(they ignored others against the Pens too, it's not biased reffing, it's just bad)

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burns' beard is incredible and I won't hear anything else on the subject.

That was beyond words amazing. What a night. So much to share with you guys, but too spent to do it right now. But here's one snapshot: when Sid carried the cup into the dressing room, he set it up in

Ya I found that a little hard to believe when I read it, to be honest with you.

That Beagle play is the most amazing thing I've ever seen

How insane was that? I thought for sure the Pens would never score again after that. LOL.

Phew.

Ovechkin was a beast in this series, btw. I feel sorry for him and the Caps. They have their best team, probably, in his career, and they run into the Pens who are rolling a better than than probably even 09 when they won the Cup.

Oshie and Carlson were deadly all series too.

Kessel is leading the Pens in playoff scoring... would be fun if the Pens won and he got the Conn Smythe.

That would make me happy.

Only thing better would be if James Reimer somehow took over the crease and led the Sharks to the cup.

Only thing better would be if James Reimer somehow took over the crease and led the Sharks to the cup.

F*ck off Dave.

Sincerely,

Martin Jones Owner in Keeper League

I don't think Ovechkin was a beast at all in the series. He had moments, but overall I don't think he played that well. Kuznetsov was horrible.

Well this game has been a dud.

Good result though, as I had STL in the office bracket pool, and very, very many people had Dallas winning it all.

Next up, just need SJ to win tomorrow.

My western conference bracket is perfect so far.

If Pittsburgh gets past Tampa, I have a hard time imagining myself being upset at them losing to the Sharks or Blues in the Cup finals... man... especially San Jose.

I think it would be great if any of these last 4 teams won the Cup. I dont know who I want the most.....but I think San Jose.

For me, it's:

Pittsburgh

San Jose

St. Louis

Tampa Bay

at this point.

There are 8 different scenarios left to play out... in 4 of them, I win the office pool.

Pittsburgh over San Jose

Pittsburgh over St. Louis

San Jose over Pittsburgh

Tampa Bay over San Jose

I lose in the other 4 scenarios (TBL>STL, STL>TBL, STL>PIT, SJS>TBL)

Also, my bracket is in the 100th percentile. That's pretty cool, even if I'm 3,303rd overall. Must have been an insane number of entries.... and there's prizes for like the top 7 lol.

My interest was low in the playoffs. What kept me going was my wagers on St. Louis just to keep my interest going

However seeing the sharks in the conference finals probably will have me watching more. I like to see Thornton and Marleau lift the cup

Well they were a rival when we were in the west. The few playoff series made me dislike many players. I've never like Thornton. Ever. It's documented somewhere in a thread where I believe I might have drawn an elephant and pointed at its vagina and labeled it Joe Thornton.

I have many dumb reasons as well. Like o hate their colors and was so sick of seeing every "cool" kid wearing a Sharks winter jacket. Looked stupid. Everyone had one because teal was cool back then.

Just not a team I could ever root for. Ever. But for mostly lame superficial reasons. :)

• Like 1

It's funny, I kind of like Thornton. I always liked big-assist guys like him, Marc Savard and Adam Oates. I don't like Burns, but that's mostly from when he racked up stats playing forward but still qualifying at defense! I hate Couture because I traded him to Ollie for almost nothing. And I have no opinion on Marleau.

I don't defend any of those positions because they're basically based on nothing, but I have to admit that if I regularly saw "cool" kids wearing dumb Sharks winter jackets, I would also probably dislike the team!

I slightly want St. Louis to win, just because their team name is cool and they already got dumped on with the Rams leaving. Does Kroenke own the Blues too? If so, I am rooting against them.

For me, the 'dumb Sharks jacket' team was usually the Penguins, and living in Cole Harbour, the Crosby stuff can get overbearing. So even though I grew up being a huge Lemieux fan, I can't root for them.

I have basically no opinions on Tampa Bay, but they aren't a hockey city and won one recently, so they are my last choice.

It's funny, I kind of like Thornton. I always liked big-assist guys like him, Marc Savard and Adam Oates. I don't like Burns, but that's mostly from when he racked up stats playing forward but still qualifying at defense! I hate Couture because I traded him to Ollie for almost nothing. And I have no opinion on Marleau.

I don't defend any of those positions because they're basically based on nothing, but I have to admit that if I regularly saw "cool" kids wearing dumb Sharks winter jackets, I would also probably dislike the team!

I slightly want St. Louis to win, just because their team name is cool and they already got dumped on with the Rams leaving. Does Kroenke own the Blues too? If so, I am rooting against them.

For me, the 'dumb Sharks jacket' team was usually the Penguins, and living in Cole Harbour, the Crosby stuff can get overbearing. So even though I grew up being a huge Lemieux fan, I can't root for them.

I have basically no opinions on Tampa Bay, but they aren't a hockey city and won one recently, so they are my last choice.

lol. Burns racked up a career year in points, all from defense, so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯