Apparently yes:

Donald Trump’s campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, appeared on CNN in an interview with Anderson Cooper this week. During the interview she levied charge after baseless charge at CNN and other media for, in her words, their inability to “remind people who Hillary Rodham Clinton actually is. If others aren’t going to hold her account for her full record, then yes, we will.” So she decided to talk about a lawsuit brought by Paula Jones against Bill Clinton. That lawsuit was settled out of court for $850,000, and in Conway’s words, that translates to an admission of guilt.

Standard liberal reply...

meet non-standard liberal logical reply:

I think Trump settled out of court because he didn't want to be entrenched in a legal battle for fraud while he was the sitting president of the USA. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Him settling for $25 million does not make it more or less likely that he was actually guilty.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's funny? He has a good brain, a great brain. He talks to a lot of people, the best people, and he has the best plan to make things great. He talks to the best and smartest people and uses his tre

I'm hoping she makes Bernie her VP and the indictment comes after the election

so, not random, not a billionaire. gotcha.

GIve us some examples of how is going to "grift" in the next 4 years..

Do you actually believe Trump ran for President to swindle the United States?

Trump ran for President to feed his massive ego and narcissism but he has never in his life not taken the opportunity to enrich himself even at the expense of others.

1. Trump has a history of unethical dealings. The Trump U case is just one example

2. His business is a private one so there is no public disclosure or transparancy for much of it.

3. He has refused to do what every other recent President or candidate has done and fully disclose their finances including tax returns.

4. The President unlike other people in government doesn't have to comply with conflict of influence rules and regulations

5. He is not putting his finances in a blind trust but rather just having his children continue to run things which basically means Trump is continuing to run things.

2, 3, 4 and 5 above are not illegal just really telling

Here are a couple articles that discuss the massive conflict of interest problems with Trump

http://time.com/4574938/donald-trump-conflicts-of-interest/

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2016-11-18/donald-trumps-conflict-of-interest-problem

1. If it was illegal, then he would be charged? No? Maybe the propaganda hasn't been as accurate as liberals would have liked.

2 & 3. The only thing 2 and 3 are telling us is that most people don't understand business and have no idea how stupid it would be for him to release those taxes. The only stupid thing he said was that he would release them after audit. That was really stupid.

4. Doesn't matter, because presidents don't create laws. Congress does. If they think it's good, then Trump should sign it, even if it helps him.

5. Liberal propaganda, nothing more.

1. If it was illegal, then he would be charged? No? Maybe the propaganda hasn't been as accurate as liberals would have liked.

2 & 3. The only thing 2 and 3 are telling us is that most people don't understand business and have no idea how stupid it would be for him to release those taxes. The only stupid thing he said was that he would release them after audit. That was really stupid.

4. Doesn't matter, because presidents don't create laws. Congress does. If they think it's good, then Trump should sign it, even if it helps him.

you're smarter than this

Look at any succesful large corporation, and you will find several lawsuits...Lot of settlements, lot of admitted wrong doing.

I am not saying Trump is innocent or guilty in this matter...But its VERY common for large corporations to get sued multiple times.

I think you are going off the deep end Serge.

Some fun with memes...isnt going on the deep end..I have 45000 of them if you like

I guess Nelson Rockefeller didn't understand business.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-02/donald-trump-might-make-the-white-house-a-walmart

"We are at an entirely different order of concern than we've had in the past," says Noah Bookbinder, executive director of the nonpartisan watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. "You could see where Trump's actions as president could have a significant impact on that brand."

To allay such concerns, Trump could take a page from the late Nelson Rockefeller, who was an heir to a fortune and industrial empire far more substantial and consequential than anything Trump has ever overseen. In order to get confirmed as Gerald Ford's vice president in the wake of Richard Nixon's 1974 resignation, Rockefeller sat through congressional hearings in which strangers scoured his family's business dealings and finances.

“My sole purpose is to serve my country," Rockefeller told his Senate inquisitors at the time. "I would not be influenced by so-called interests.”

Can we expect the same from Trump? Well, in more than four decades in business, Trump has prided himself on stretching, not following, rules. "The Outlaw archetype loves to break the rules," Trump once advised aspiring entrepreneurs in "Midas Touch," his 2011 book. "The motto of the Outlaw is: 'Rules are meant to be broken.'"

it makes it more likely for sure but not definitive

Do a bit of research on what Trump U was and there is no question that it was designed as a scam from the beginning.

If he would have lost he probably would have kept fighting the lawsuit at least until he had to be deposed.

Now that's he's President $25 million is a drop in the bucket compared to what he's going to be able to grift over the next 4 years and he knows that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/2016/11/18/9da9c572-ad18-11e6-977a-1030f822fc35_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_trumphotel-915pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&tid=sm_tw

I like funny memes. Disdainful, politically slanted memes are not really my cup of tea.

I actually believe everything that meme says. From my experience it's 100 percent accurate as proven daily by the ridiculous things that happen in college campuses everyday.

You are assigning the behaviour of a very small percentage of people to a large group of people.

But I guess that's a necessary personality trait of anyone who could possibly buy into Trump's rhetoric.

You are assigning the behaviour of a very small percentage of people to a large group of people.

But I guess that's a necessary personality trait of anyone who could possibly buy into Trump's rhetoric.

I'm pretty sure both "sides" are doing this.

• Like 1

Look at any succesful large corporation, and you will find several lawsuits...Lot of settlements, lot of admitted wrong doing.

I am not saying Trump is innocent or guilty in this matter...But its VERY common for large corporations to get sued multiple times.

And most importantly, it's very common for large companies to settle lawsuits where they AREN'T GUILTY, but it's way cheaper to just settle.

Personal note: I haven't read a single article about Trump University and know nothing about it, but I have always just assumed that Trump basically screwed the students and should have to pay restitution. So I'm glad they will get something. But it's a shame the lawyers convinced them to settle for so little, since 12 million of that will go to the lawyers.

I'm pretty sure both "sides" are doing this.

I don't care. This is a conversation between Serge and Myself. I don't really care what other "sides" are doing. I do not identify with "liberal America", so what that "side" is doing is irrelevant to me, nor does it excuse what Serge is doing.

• Like 1

I don't care. This is a conversation between Serge and Myself. I don't really care what other "sides" are doing. I do not identify with "liberal America", so what that "side" is doing is irrelevant to me, nor does it excuse what Serge is doing.

Then perhaps you should've omitted your second line in your response.

Let me be more specific. How does me taking a Jab at Serge's blind loyalty to Donald Trump open me to criticisms based on the past actions of the American Left. Please be specific.

How so?

Your first line is a fair response between you and Serge. Your second line makes it about sides again. You're lumping all Trump supporters together and insinuating they are doing something anti-Trumpers aren't doing.

A lot of Trump's rhetoric is based on assigning the actions of a small percentage of people onto a large percentage of people. Muslims, Mexicans etc..

It was a poorly thought out and executed jab at Serge.

• Like 1

Honestly, all I got out of that was.."got together to....dine on sliders"

I'm so jealous.

You think it was just the mini-hamburgers, or pulled pork sliders too?

Has to be pulled pork...except for the Jewish, of course.

I guess Nelson Rockefeller didn't understand business.

https://www.bloomber...house-a-walmart

Oh for ****s sake, you're appealing to the moral compass of the man who decided that a bunch of doped-up druggies was 'bad for national productivity and in turn, bad for HIS interests so he single-handedly drove through the most hyper-putative drug laws in the nation, that eventually gave birth to the Reagan era garbage.

Nelson Rockafeller knew how to say the right thing at the right time, just like any other non-retard who is testifying before congress. Does this mean his actions match his words?

You really need to stop doing that appeal-to-authority thing where you never make a point that sands on its own salience but instead, is a typical partisan jab that rests on someone who wrote an article, or someone who agrees with you. You seriously just cited Nelson ****ing Rockefeller as the great paragon of acting in benevolent altruism when Nelson ****ing Rockefeller is the man behind this, purely for 'business purposes'.

https://en.wikipedia...eller_Drug_Laws

..,. which eventually became a model for the nation, that is responsible for this.

350px-US_incarceration_timeline-clean.svg.png

... because of drug use.