Mexico wants to talk NAFTA redo

Canada wants to talk NAFTA redo

Maybe we will get tired of winning.

And yet what Trudeau actually said was "If the Americans want to talk about NAFTA, I'm more than happy to talk about it", adding that he'd welcome any revisions that would benefit Canada.

And we've signed side deals with Mexico and the EU. If only the price of oil rebounds we'd be ok; but that's not happening for a while apparently.

Interestingly there is/was a lot of opposition to the TPP in Canada; mostly because it would force American IP laws (like DMCA & patent laws) on everyone.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's funny? He has a good brain, a great brain. He talks to a lot of people, the best people, and he has the best plan to make things great. He talks to the best and smartest people and uses his tre

I'm hoping she makes Bernie her VP and the indictment comes after the election

so, not random, not a billionaire. gotcha.

But, I don't believe the Republican party, and in particular, big republican donors, actually give a shit about illegal immigration. Not really. Undocumented labor is incredibly profitable. What these people actually want, is to make undocumented labor as exploited as possible, giving them absolutely nothing in terms of social support, and to be a completely docile, non-unionized labor force with the constant threat of deportation hanging over their head. So there are no unionization, no paying of unemployment, no having to follow labor laws, because who can illegals complain to? Any sucker who thinks all this wall rhetoric, is really going to stem the tide of illegal immigration, is engaging in wish thinking. I'll believe the sincerity of law makers when the demand side is actually addressed, until then it's a just political pandering. They talk tough about being against illegal immigration as a way of catering to their base, when all they are really doing is making illegal immigration more profitable for themselves.

If this TYT (leftwing anti-establishment) clip is the back peddling has already started.

But really until he reveals hit cabinet it's all speculation.

I think even leftys agree that illegal criminal activity needs to end from immigrants. Your points are valid. The picture some extremists like to paint is Homeland security is going door to door to pick out the Mexicans who came illegally and deport them. I doubt that will happen.

The border will be stronger and the criminal element hopefully eliminated. Everyone is for legal immigration as well as Trump. Even though the picture that is painted isn't part of the narrative presented

Trump seems to be flip-flopping on that so who knows where he will ends up (not sure he knows either) and to be fair in some ways it was a red herring. He used that demographic to win the primary then cooled the talk during the main election to attract swing votes. Meanwhile the DNC couldn't move past that to the real issues that could actually win the vote (the disdain for science, economic policy). Clinton: he's racist. Reply: And?

So the reddit thread for this one was funny:

https://www.washingt...l-be-impeached/

"At the end of our September conversation, Lichtman made another call: that if elected, Trump would eventually be impeached by a Republican Congress that would prefer a President Mike Pence — someone whom establishment Republicans know and trust."

There was speculation that the Democrats in the Senate would block an impeachment because Pence's evangelical POV would scare them even more than Trump.

If this TYT (leftwing anti-establishment) clip is the back peddling has already started.

But really until he reveals hit cabinet it's all speculation.

If he does or doesn't put up a wall is meaningless, is my point. A wall would just make it more inconvienent for illegal immigration, it wouldn't stop it. If he advocates for and passes legislation to severely punish illegal employers, then enforces those laws rigorously through the executive branch, then I'll believe he actually gives a shit about stemming immigration. Otherwise, it's just selling snake oil to rubes

The Republicans approved of a wall/fence better protection long time ago. The wall is not a new concept. Maybe Trumps massive Trumpian wall is , but the concept is far from foreign.

All meaning less unless it's to counter the "strong mandate" spin coming from the Trump camp. And while he did win a solid # of EC the margins in tons of states was very thin.

Very true. However if you look at the map by counties. It's pretty much all red everywhere but certain areas. Even California is divided. Coasts blue. Farmland is Red.

While maybe not a EC landslide. Pretty close to it.

This might be anecdotal but I believe has some validity. I have talked to a lot of people that are registered Republican in California that didn't vote. Due to the overwhelming lead that Democrats had in polls. I m sure there is a similar case of that in New York as well. It's a moot point.

For those of you not aware, due to some quirky rule there was no Republican on the ballot for senate. Due to some thing regarding votes in primaries.

Very true. However if you look at the map by counties. It's pretty much all red everywhere but certain areas. Even California is divided. Coasts blue. Farmland is Red.

True; but if you did a cartogram where the counties were distorted by population size then you'd end up with something a bit more representative:

AeTSzDY.jpg

source: http://www.news.com....131d68a89006807

"Oh, I'm afraid the electoral college will be quite operational when your votes arrive......"

FwBJjwl.png

Which would make Clinton attack of the clones, GWBush Jar-Jar Binks, and Cheney Palpatine?

--

Though Sanders was missed opportunity I have my doubts about this mental/physical health in 4 years. But hey it makes for a great meme.

This might be anecdotal but I believe has some validity. I have talked to a lot of people that are registered Republican in California that didn't vote. Due to the overwhelming lead that Democrats had in polls. I m sure there is a similar case of that in New York as well. It's a moot point.

For those of you not aware, due to some quirky rule there was no Republican on the ballot for senate. Due to some thing regarding votes in primaries.

Valid narrative, presumably the true to some extent in red states. Also:

http://www.latimes.c...-htmlstory.html

At least 4 million California ballots left to be counted, likely adding to Clinton's popular vote lead

Day 4 of liberals protestingfree and fair elections

While I'm not sure what they hope to accomplish by protesting right now... if they care so much about democracy they should have done three years ago when the Supreme Court strike down the Key Voting Rights act and allowed all of those polling station closures (voter suppression)

polling_place_closures.png

Something is f'ed up when only ~55% of the eligible voters make it out and some places have such long lineup (but maybe it's a byproduct of the EC setup).

You're telling a guy who lives in California. The dems in charge passed a law that made it so no Republican qualified to even be on the ballot for senator this year.

But pretend having a closing bell means minorities are having their vote suppressed.

This is almost like when the dems in Florida complained the ballot in 2000 was too confusing, even though they created it.

In the mean time, enjoy this collection of what liberals consider normal:

Next liberals complain they are only allowed to vote once.

Nah.. maybe I'm used to a federally run Elections instead of the weird mess that is decentralized patchwork that you guys have. It's a completely different philosophy.

This is almost like when the dems in Florida complained the ballot in 2000 was too confusing, even though they created it.

We still use paper ballots with a simple fill in the circle requirement. I look at the weird ballots you guys have (like fill in the square to join the arrow head and butt, etc) and wonder why make it so hard. We all know and "love" scantron from school -- why try and re-implement making a multiple choice?