Does anyone else think that didn't suck nearly as much as most of them have for as long as I can remember? And it wasn't nearly as bad as it could've been?It wasn't Madonna in her prime, but she knew that and didn't try for it. She was 50-something Madonna showing she still can perform. The staging was cool, and they seemed to use different cameras or something to give it more of a concert-documentary feel.I'm not saying it was epic or anything, but it was the first one in a long time that didn't make me want to break my TV.

^^^^ I don't know what this means.But: The guy on that strap that was dancing and jumping around was incredible.

She looked like she was just hoping not to break a hip.
Yeah, I did notice that, and that's why I think the show was not embarrassing. In past years these washed-up rockers tried to pretend that time didn't pass them by, and it was just embarrassing. Madonna had the sense to have muscular guys help her through anything that was even slightly challenging, but did good enough choreography that it wasn't obvious unless you were watching for it.And yeah, that tightrope guy was pretty cool...

she looked sedated and was obviously lipsynchingcompared with prince, who actually performed live in a thunderstorm and absolutely killed it, this was like watching pbsno clue what m.i.a. was doing there

Madonna had the sense to have muscular guys help her through anything that was even slightly challenging,
Having muscular guys carry her around has been her gimic for pretty much her whole career. She can sure strike a pose though!I didn't mind the show. I don't care for Madonna so I didn't think it was awesome, but nothing stuck out to me as being embarrasing or really bad. All pop singers lip sync at the superbowl, so I didn't find that shocking either.

I thought she was fine, but I wasn't expecting a whole lot. Her live shows are always choreographed and theatrical. She hasn't sung live for most of her career.I thought CeeLo sounded like he was singing. And of course MIA flipped off the camera. That's kind of her niche, right?

I'm not saying it was epic or anything, but it was the first one in a long time that didn't make me want to break my TV.
And yeah, that tightrope guy was pretty cool...
^^^ These two things. Way better than I was expecting.And I think she was lip syncing as well.

I didn't watch the super bowl so I obv missed out on the halftime show. But for fun I always like to use my Shazaam app to see if someone is lip syncing or not. It is amazing to me how many people lip sync nowadays.

she looked sedated and was obviously lipsynchingcompared with prince, who actually performed live in a thunderstorm and absolutely killed it, this was like watching pbsno clue what m.i.a. was doing there
I agree that the prince half time show was the best that I've seen in years, though my favorite half time moment of the past 20 years was watching fergie belt out sweet child of mine with slash, if just to hear the whinging of middle aged GNR fans.MIA was there because Madonna is too old to do anything controversial, so she had to get a hired gun for controversy. Madonna was a really great choice, tactically speaking, for the super bowl half time show. It sucked in a non-traditional superbowl audience (IE Women and gays). Stuff like Springsteen and the rolling stones is just pandering to an audience that is already watching. Gaga will do halftime in the next 5 years I predict.

Set was great, good use of staging.Wrong show for a football game.All day long.Looking forward to the video of her actual mike during the filming on youtube

These are the correct answers:

But: The guy on that strap that was dancing and jumping around was incredible.
In a house full of black people, I was the only one who knew that was Niki Minaj and M.I.A. not sure what that says about me, or the black people I was with.
I consider myself pretty hip, but I had no idea that was MIA. I've heard of her, just didn't know what she looked like. I didn't even know that she was even in the ballpark of being considered famous enough to be involved in a super bowl half time show.
she was obviously lipsynching
Of course she was. This should be expected for all pop stars these days.
Looking forward to the video of her actual mike during the filming on youtube
...I'm somewhat excited to watch this when I get home.
I consider myself pretty hip.
You realize this statement means you're not, right?
I consider myself pretty hip, but...
You realize this statement means you're not, right?
But realizing that saying you consider yourself pretty hip means that you aren't pretty hip makes you hip again.Realizing that, however, goes back to not hip.You just gotta land in the right spot. No whammies!