Who Would You Take?

So I have ventured into yet another keeper league.This one is a little different than the AHL/FCHL style..Head to head . Here are the scoring categories:Scoring for Categories Setting A - Assists 1 point G - Goals 1 point HT - Hat Tricks 2 points OL - Overtime Losses 0.50 points SHOG - Shootout Goals 1 point SO - Shut Outs 1 point W - Wins 2 points I just realized i have the first overall pick. Who do I take?Forwards are forwards so no distinction between positions..You start with 10 players. 6 forwards 3 d and one goalie. A bunch of bench spots.Dont tell Arp, he is in the same pool.He is picking 12th..Snake draft..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crosby, but I could see an argument for Ovechkin. It's a keeper, so I wouldn't worry about Crosby's concussion very much. With no concern, IMO, he's the clear #1, but I don't think his injuries knock him below Ovechkin in a keeper league. Probably pretty close. Crosby is coming off a season where, had he not been injured, he would have run away with the Hart, Lindsay, Richard, and Art Ross. Ovechkin had a real weird, down year. He'll rebound, but I don't see him being better than Sid in the long term.

Stamkos is probably correct, but I'd make a strong case for a superstud young goalie if I could think of one. Those goalie categories are going to make a 40 win 6-7 SO goalie very valuable.

Stamkos is probably correct, but I'd make a strong case for a superstud young goalie if I could think of one. Those goalie categories are going to make a 40 win 6-7 SO goalie very valuable.
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Goalie stats look very important.
Crosby, but I could see an argument for Ovechkin. It's a keeper, so I wouldn't worry about Crosby's concussion very much. With no concern, IMO, he's the clear #1, but I don't think his injuries knock him below Ovechkin in a keeper league. Probably pretty close. Crosby is coming off a season where, had he not been injured, he would have run away with the Hart, Lindsay, Richard, and Art Ross. Ovechkin had a real weird, down year. He'll rebound, but I don't see him being better than Sid in the long term.
Yeah, I didn't think about Crosby for awhile, but I'd have a really hard time not picking him. Can you imagine if Crosby is Crosby again by December or next year, and you had to live the rest of your life in this pool knowing you could've had him?

Its an interesting dynamic. I am against taking a goalie because long term so many things can change with goalies. Trades, quality of team in front of him...Mainly because its more fun to have a superstud like Stamkos or Ovechkin.Since you guys know me so well I wont be picking Crosby, let alone with the injury questions. But I will be interested to see how far he drops..Probably to 3rd IMO.Im leaning towards Stamkos..

The more I look at it, the more I think that having a goalie who is going to give you 40 wins predictably is going to be the most important thing in this league. With goals and assists worth the same, a 80+ point forward won't be as hard to come by as a 35-40 win goalie. Only 11 goalies won 35 or more last year (70 points gained in this league) and of those 11, guys like Cam Ward and Bryzgalov gained an additional 5 points in this format by virtue of losing 10 games in OT. Lundqvist gets 11 extra points for shutouts in this format...By the numbers:Stamkos - 45+46 = 91 points, 2 bonus points for hat tricks and I have no idea how many shootout goals he scored. It's less than 5 though, only 13 guys in the league had 5 or more shootout goals last year and none of my three examples are one of them. Give Stamkos 96 points as a guess. Ovechkin - 32 + 53 = 85 points, 1 hat trick bonus point and the same 3 SO goals that Stamkos got. 89 total points. D. Sedin - 41 + 63 = 104 points, no hat trick bonus points and the same 3 SO goals everyone else got. 107 total points. Cam Ward - 37 wins = 74 points, 5 bonus points for OTL, 4 bonus points for shutouts, 83 total pointsBryzgalov - 36 wins = 72 points, 5 bonus points for OTL, 7 bonus points for shutouts, 84 total points. Lundqvist - 36 wins = 72 points, 2.5 bonus points for OTL, 11 bonus points for shutouts, 85.5 total points.Price - 38 wins = 86 points, 3 bonus points for OTL, 8 bonus points for shutouts, 97 total points. Goalies are going to be a big deal in this league once you get past the tippy top 10 of point producers...with goals and assists being equal.

Yeah, I didn't think about Crosby for awhile, but I'd have a really hard time not picking him. Can you imagine if Crosby is Crosby again by December or next year, and you had to live the rest of your life in this pool knowing you could've had him?
If there's one thing we know about concussions it's that we don't know about concussions. What's the difference between a healthy Crosby and Stamkos?What's the difference between Stamkos and no Crosby?Seems like the risk is way more than the reward.
If there's one thing we know about concussions it's that we don't know about concussions. What's the difference between a healthy Crosby and Stamkos?What's the difference between Stamkos and no Crosby?Seems like the risk is way more than the reward.
A perfectly healthy Crosby probably gets you 25-30 more points than a perfectly healthy Stamkos. Minimum. His prorated numbers for last season would be around 60 goals and 130 points...he was having a phenomenal year before he got hurt.
As Adam, said, you could be looking at 20-points/year, easy. In a points-only league, Stamkos is a good bet to finish #5-10 most years. Crosby could challenge for first every year.You're right about concussions and that Crosby is a risk, but risk isn't zero with Stamkos either. He could get hurt, St. Louis could get hurt, etc.

So do we think Stamkos has hit his potential? I thought Crozby was at his ceiling but he was on his way of blowing the roof off last year. Stammer could still squeak out another 20+ pts I think.

So do we think Stamkos has hit his potential? I thought Crozby was at his ceiling but he was on his way of blowing the roof off last year. Stammer could still squeak out another 20+ pts I think.
I think Stamkos can go higher, but I also think Crosby can go higher.