2011 Nhl Playoffs!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Downie/Kunitz/Torres, I think there's a bigger problem: no one in the NHL- not the players, not the coaches, not the GM's has ANY idea of what MIGHT happen to a player that commits a grievous offense. And that's the problem. If you trip a player, you get two minutes. The player knows it, the coach knows it, the GM knows it. But when it comes to supplementary discipline, NOBODY has a friggin clue as to what's going to happen: you expect 10 games, the player gets nothing. You expect 5, he gets one. Shouldn't those involved have SOME idea as to the repercussions of an offense? Otherwise, you're encouraging them to take a chance because no one really knows what might happen, and it might be nothing. It's getting stupid...

Pretty epic, if the Sharks lose that game the legend of the choke artists grows...Now it will be very hard for LA to come back after that.Great hockey...I know its not fashionable for the purists to enjoy a 6-5 game more than a 2-1 game, but that was really fun.

Pretty epic, if the Sharks lose that game the legend of the choke artists grows...Now it will be very hard for LA to come back after that.Great hockey...I know its not fashionable for the purists to enjoy a 6-5 game more than a 2-1 game, but that was really fun.
I don't know of anybody other than Jacques Lemaire that prefers 2-1 games over 6-5 ones.
I don't know of anybody other than Jacques Lemaire that prefers 2-1 games over 6-5 ones.
Jacques Lemaire is not fun.

I am still pissed I stopped watching. It was 4-0 and I figured it was done and did something else. Crawled into bed and it was the 2nd intermission and the little graphic said 5-5. WTF?? Sadly I fell asleep during the OT intermission.

I am still pissed I stopped watching. It was 4-0 and I figured it was done and did something else. Crawled into bed and it was the 2nd intermission and the little graphic said 5-5. WTF?? Sadly I fell asleep during the OT intermission.
I thought about going to bed when it was 4-0 but I had a feeling San Jose was gonna come back. Times like that I wish I had an online betting account.
I thought about going to bed when it was 4-0 but I had a feeling San Jose was gonna come back. Times like that I wish I had an online betting account.
Damn, I had the same feeling. For some reason I thought the Sharks were coming back too.
I of course fell asleep before OT.I love the 6-5 game better than the 2-1 games. It really got the crowd into it.Now that Hawks/Canucks where they rubbed it into their faces. That was funny even when the Canucks management were getting heckled by Hawk fans.
What's sad is, you ask most Kings fans, and we'd all agree, it wasn't over.

2 guys in Leafs jerseys behind the Tampa bench in this game. What are there guys trying to say? My teams out, but I thought it would be cool to cheer for the Leafs in a Pens-Lightning playoff game? weird.

2 guys in Leafs jerseys behind the Tampa bench in this game. What are there guys trying to say? My teams out, but I thought it would be cool to cheer for the Leafs in a Pens-Lightning playoff game? weird.
Proud to wear the blue and white..
I never understood that in general. I feel like every game I go to I can spot some random dude who chose to wear his Kings jersey to the Canucks/Avs game. Ummmmm, what?

I will feel especially bad for the Sedins and a little for Luongo when the Hawks come all the way back and win in 7. P.S. I do not like Kevin Bieksa or Ryan Kesler.