Feb 2011 4.40 Challenge

I talked to the guy behind the burger counter and he says he is an ICM genius as well and told me you are all wrong and I done shoulda ate the fours since they are silly cards anyways.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to the guy behind the burger counter and he says he is an ICM genius as well and told me you are all wrong and I done shoulda ate the fours since they are silly cards anyways.
touche lolbtw I am not criticizing the play per say I like the dicussion factor it bought out and the thoughts and logic behind it

Wiz gives it a -3 edge putting the ones left to act on a pretty tight range. No matter how tight you put them calling Wiz still says it's a fold. However, as we know sometimes it's okay to make a slight negative EV play and this may just be one of those times. Didn't mean to get my panties in a wad earlier. :-)

Excellent avatars, diamonddixie and rcgs59
They are confusing as hell. It's like being in the friggin twilight zone or something. Hard to keep up with who is who.BTW - I now know why people do not want to play these $4.40s. When you are use to playing all turbos, after playing for an hour or so you want to shove 4 4, but then realize you have like 22BBs. :club:
i like how some people make their avatar that picture when they don't even know the story behind it.pretty disrespectful, i'd change it if i were you.
what do you know?!
i like how some people make their avatar that picture when they don't even know the story behind it.pretty disrespectful, i'd change it if i were you.
OMG a cliff hanger, fill us in.....
no. just change itplease
geez Ian I didn't think you cared:)

sparconian maths is too hard, I has computers for that. Dixie, what am I missing that the PvT pro is seeing?

Don't be, and don't - discussing hands is always good. (Though it sometimes takes some thick skin and the ability to filter out the useful parts of the discussion from the "what I do is right and what you do is stupid" comments. :club: )To me, before doing the math, it was absolutely not clear whether this shove was +EV or not. In fact, assuming that SNG Wizard indeed gives a different result, even after doing the math it is apparently not so clear. :ts So once again, if someone has SNG wizard and could post the output, I would like to see it, to see which of the assumptions I made makes the difference between +EV and -EV.The useful thing about these discussions is that of course, nobody can do this kind of math in their head while at the table, so to me it is very useful to work through some of those hands in detail and figure out what the correct play is. That way, you gain some intuition for these situations that can be very useful at the tables. As a bonus, if nothing else, we learn from it that these situations are often surprisingly counter-intuitive. Hopefully, that makes us a bit more humble, and we learn to politely present our opinions in threads, so that we don't look like ignorant dicks when it turns out we were wrong... :4h
screenshot00002g.jpg
I don't see fluff in yet, hit him up.
lol,hey never mind it was funny last week when he watched me in a set of sng's