Nfl Playoffs Team Based Fantasy

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, i have a randomized list and i'll pick from top to bottom, skipping ones that are taken or dupes in a category.1st pick: dom steelers
Q: Packers Passing, Steelers DominanceSo with the 2nd and 3rd picks, I'll take Packers Total and Steelers Rushing.And since Q has already picked the two categories that I have left, I'll just go ahead and take Steelers Passing and Packers Dominance too.Pow.Q, you can pick your last two from the following:Run - Jets, Packers, BearsTotal - Jets, Steelers, BearsMy team: Steelers Passing, Steelers Rushing, Packers Total, Packers Dominance.I am screwed if the Jets and Bears win.

SJ: Steelers Passing, Steelers Rushing, Packers Total, Packers Dominance.Q: Packers Passing, Jets Rushing, Bears Total, Steelers Dominance.The part of me that believes in the randomness of sports is rooting for you, but the part of me that likes winning is rooting for me.

hey. it's pizza the hut's cousin!The difference in selections (two from two teams vs one from each team) makes this quite interesting.If neither the Steelers nor the Packers make it to the Superbowl, I think we presume Q to be the winner since the Jets and Bears would have two games in Rushing and total categories.If they both make it to the Superbowl, I think we presume SJ to be the winner.If only one makes it then it becomes interesting. Because of the Dominance categories being more clear cut (Margin of Victory subcategory takes wins into account and Time of Possession has a smaller variance), I would guess a Packers-Jets Superbowl to give SJ the advantage and a Steelers-Bears Superbowl to give Q the advantage.All that being said, you never know because one team could put up a shit-ton of yards and/or TDs in one game or play two stinkers in one category.

If they both make it to the Superbowl, I think we presume SJ to be the winner.
sonofa--skel may be running good FOR NOW, but i have a backup plan. no lead is insurmountable: confident, cocky, lazy, dead. you've heard of the tortoise & the hare? well, get ready, you mofo, for the feral cow & the hare!GywLg.jpg
SJ: Steelers Passing, Steelers Rushing, Packers Total, Packers Dominance.
On Sunday I thought I had the opposite of this, so I was really happy when the Steelers went on a 9+ minute opening drive and really, really happy when they were up 24-0. And when that big fat guy on the Packers got that pick I was hoping he would get tackled just short of the goal line setting up the offense for another score. Oh well. At least I had something to root for since I don't care for these teams; who cares if I was rooting for the wrong things, right?

I think this is what it is right now:PassTDqyaygi - Packers - 0SJ - Steelers - 0Yardsqyaygi - Packers - 236SJ - Steelers - 121RunTDSJ - Steelers - 2qyaygi - Jets - 0YardsSJ - Steelers - 166qyaygi - Jets - 70TotalPointsSJ - Packers - 14qyaygi - Bears - 14YardsSJ - Packers - 356qyaygi - Bears - 301DominanceMargin of VictorySJ - Packers - +7qyaygi - Steelers - +5Time of Possessionqyaygi - Steelers - 34:41SJ - Packers - 34:04So it looks like unless the Packers get shut out in the Super Bowl, I've got the Rushing and Total categories locked up.It also looks like Q has an almost insurmountable lead in passing yards, but the other three categories are super close. If Q can sweep those three categories, we'll go to the tie-breaker, which is...?

I know why you put 14 (INT-TD) for the Packers but it's actually 21. So right now SJ is locked in at 4-0-0If Q wins the other 4 categories then we are tied and the tiebreaker is the record in the previous round...Sorry Q.

• 2 weeks later...

final score...I don't knowprobably 5-3Packers scored more points so that's Joe'sI'm guessing Steelers had the ball more so that's Q'sI think the Packers threw more TDs than the Steelers so that's Q'sI'm guessing the Steelers didn't throw for 100 something more yards than the Packers so that's Q'sJoe won those other fouryep. looks like 5-3

• 10 months later...

we need 8.I'm a bit busy to do the whole PM everyone thing. If someone wants to help with that, I'd appreciate it. Maybe a link in the sick thread. And, I'm off!1. me2. SJ3. Brvoff the top of my headSA, sbriand, sergeno random entries this year though