Marcel treating them like his Sous Chefs - especially on camera on a high profile TV Show - is going to result in a confrontation.
This is a very important distinction. While everyone has to play there role, the judges have repeatedly said over the years "take responsibility for your own dishes" that is what both Mike and Tiffany did. Whether Marcel was right or wrong, they were not going to do what he said and let his suggestion send them home.He started off in their initial meeting being a whiny douche and set the tone, nobody was going to listen to him after that.I am impressed with DN this year. He seems like he has matured.I think it is going to be Blaise, Dale and DN in the finale. I think I am now pulling for Blaise.I also agree with whoever said that Fabio needs his own show. I love that guy.
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcel treating them like his Sous Chefs - especially on camera on a high profile TV Show - is going to result in a confrontation.
But he was the team leader, so in that challenge it was his job to keep tabs on everyone and serve as the executive chef to an extent.
  • 2 weeks later...

Could Blaise be any more of a badass?It's kind of funny that Tre got knocked out on a dish that I'm pretty sure he chose because he thought it was impossible for him to fuck up. I thought Dale was going to get the boot...at least this was a better dish than his "solo gross noodle" quickfire from a few weeks ago.Blaise could not be any more of a badass, whether or not he wins the whole thing.Crocodile!

So... I take it that you didn't want me to answer your question?You obviously didn't want me to answer your question.
That is correct. Although I wish you had added the extra sentence I inserted for you.

What a retarded quickfire. I thought it was hilarious when DN told him his favorite designer was someone else, then he got all bitchy and told him his writing was stupid and his food looked like shit. I thought it would be Dale as well going home, and if not Michael. I thought Tre was safe. He must have really messed up that rissotto to get sent home before uncooked over egged noodles from and Italian. I guess its possible that they think Dale can win it, so they sent Tre home instead and gave him a Mulligan.

What a retarded quickfire. I thought it was hilarious when DN told him his favorite designer was someone else, then he got all bitchy and told him his writing was stupid and his food looked like shit. I thought it would be Dale as well going home, and if not Michael. I thought Tre was safe. He must have really messed up that rissotto to get sent home before uncooked over egged noodles from and Italian. I guess its possible that they think Dale can win it, so they sent Tre home instead and gave him a Mulligan.
My wife thought dale was going home too and my only reason why he wasn't going home is because he has done really good. I know they say things are based off of each challenge but dale has been pretty strong this season. Tre has been one of those good not great and just flying under the radar. I was hoping he didn't get knocked out cause I really like him.

Yeah, the quickfire was horrible. It could have been awesome if they didn't introduce the caveat that, "We won't be tasting your dishes." It could just be: we're judging mainly on how it looks, but if it doesn't taste okay (or if it is wholly inedible) then you won't win.The elimination I enjoyed. I thought it was a simple but interesting challenge. Kind of surprising that all three of the pasta guys screwed up. I don't think the judges gave Dale a mulligan - I think they disliked Tre's dish more. It was probably very close though.

I think they may have disliked Dale's more but Tre's was more offensive, if that makes any sense.
I think they also strongly consider intent, decision-making, and editing. Lots of the other chefs were perturbed that Antonia won because her dish was relatively simple to make, but they're not only being judged only on how well they execute their dishes. They're also being judged on what dishes they decide to make. So Tre's fatal mistake was how complicated his dish was, not just how badly he executed it. Dale's dish was also poorly executed and he completely overlooked the fact that it needed some kind of sauce, but I guess they figured that wasn't quite as bad as Tre's poorly executed dish and the fact that he completely overlooked that he was supposed to be making traditional food with simple ingredients. I was surprised though - I thought Dale was done, but I'm glad he's not.

Fabio is probably the nicest Top Chef contestant ever. I love him.Angelo is probably the guy to beat. He is so solid.

Sad to see Fabio go, just from an entertainment perspective. Hopefully he gets some sort of show; I don't see how he doesn't.
very very true. Just amazing though how many times Carla has won. Could she win the whole thing?

Glad to see Fabio go but wanted Dale to go most, and thought Tiffany deserved to go most. I was happy with the bottom 3. Was very disappointed that Dale won the quickfire. Since when is soup a fondue? I thought that was stupid. Carla is so irritating yet I like the food she makes and would be happy for her to win. I just hate her zaniness and her bugging out eyes and her whooping and shrieking and loudness. That beef tongue song was so dumb and annoying. Wow.Poor Antonia, she keeps getting so close and not winning in these challenges. I know she won the elim last week, but I thought she had the hardest ingredient this week and everyone loved it, so she should have won again. I love pot pies, but it seemed like they really didn't want anything innovative or original, just well cooked comfort food... that isn't very "Top Chef" to me.

I love pot pies, but it seemed like they really didn't want anything innovative or original, just well cooked comfort food... that isn't very "Top Chef" to me.
I think that certain foods don't need to be/shouldn't be messed with. I think that is the line the chefs have to toe. Every dish needs to be an original creation of theirs, but that does not mean they should do something crazy like deconstruct a chicken pot pie. She changed some things up, made it rustic, which makes sense in the context of the challenge. I too thought Antonia should have won.
Was very disappointed that Dale won the quickfire. Since when is soup a fondue? I thought that was stupid.
A lot of fondue is cooking meat in a broth that's very soup-like.
Poor Antonia, she keeps getting so close and not winning in these challenges. I know she won the elim last week
Does not compute. Although I sort of get what your saying. Maybe it does compute.I thought it was hilarious that the two Italian guys were pissed that she won the Italian challenge with a French dish.
I think that certain foods don't need to be/shouldn't be messed with. I think that is the line the chefs have to toe. Every dish needs to be an original creation of theirs, but that does not mean they should do something crazy like deconstruct a chicken pot pie. She changed some things up, made it rustic, which makes sense in the context of the challenge.
Yeah, that challenge lined up perfectly with what she does well. I'd love to eat her pot pie, if you know what I mean.
I thought it was hilarious that the two Italian guys were pissed that she won the Italian challenge with a French dish.
According to Tom Colicchio and Eric Ripert, it's a perfectly valid Italian-American dish, and Ripert says it's even a perfectly valid Italian dish. Colicchio:
Fabio's comment that mussels are French missed an important point and was, therefore, off the mark. The chefs were not asked to make Italian food, but, rather, to be inspired by what generations of Raos and Pellegrinos have done at Rao's, which is homey Italian-American food. When my father's family came over to the States from Italy, absolutely no one was importing Italian ingredients. His family had to incorporate into their cooking traditions the foods available to them here. As a result, the dishes have changed over time. People are invariably surprised when they go to Southern Italy and first sample the food, saying, "Oh, the foods very different!" Of course it is. My grandmother's family tried to bring seeds back with them from Italy, to grow the produce they knew, but largely they adapted their recipes and created new family favorites. Torisso, a new reaturant on Mulberry Street in New York, is an homage to this very aspect of the Italian-American experience. In a nod to our parents and grandparents, two Italian-American chefs, both French-trained, decided to do an Italian restaurant using only American ingredients.Being from Italy, Fabio could not appreciate this fact when he asserted that Antonia's dish was French. But the three owners of Rao's, the manager, the chef, and the bartender of 40 years begged to differ with him.
A lot of fondue is cooking meat in a broth that's very soup-like.
This.In fact, when the challenge was presented, I said someone should do a Pho fondue and cook beef in it. Then Dale went and did it.
very very true. Just amazing though how many times Carla has won. Could she win the whole thing?
Her over the top prancing just bugs me. "I'm cooking with Love"Shut up.If Blaze or DN don't win this I'm going to be disappointed. I think.For now.Or this. I only usually agree with you about 30% of the time, but agree with this:
Carla is so irritating... I just hate her zaniness and her bugging out eyes and her whooping and shrieking and loudness.